PDA

View Full Version : I love Mike Pettine

The King
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Wow.

I love everything this guy just said.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Mike-Pettine-Sit-Down-Interview/355b2269-c24f-40a6-98d0-8a09404f1f21

We want to be smart, relentless and we want to force the Qb to make quick decisions.

Slim
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
For the people wondering if we will be a 4-3 or a 3-4. He also mentions we will play multiple fronts, so the answer is both.

Mski
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
there's also been a lot of speculation going around twitter today that he's the one who was "leaking" all the info about the bad blood in the jets locker room

The King
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
The Jets are such a mess nothing would surprise me, but with him being so close to Rex and with an expiring contract I don't see how it would benefit him to do that.

Buddo
01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Mike-Pettine-Sit-Down-Interview/355b2269-c24f-40a6-98d0-8a09404f1f21

We want to be smart, relentless and we want to force the Qb to make quick decisions.

I have to agree with you.

There's also another piece with our new HC's comments about the hire.
The last part of which I thought was very promising.

What intrigued you about Mike as a DC?
“His defenses are known for their relentless attacking style. They can be very difficult for offenses and create all kinds of mismatches. When I accepted the job, that’s exactly how I envisioned our defense and so Mike was the coach I felt was best suited to lead our defense.”

Our HC seems like a man with a plan.

The other part of the Pettine interview that particularly struck home, was when he talked about the need to disguise what you are doing, as otherwise, if todays QBs see what you are in , they will pick you apart. That sounded like the recipe for how we were handled by most QBs last year. Not so much a talent issue, but one of insufficient disguise for what we were doing.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I agree with you man. Very excited now

delectrolux
01-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Go check out the Gang Green Message Boards. The general consensus is Pettine is good friends with Manish Mehta, the NY Daily News Sports writer, and that he's been the "unnamed source" for many of the leaks about Jets last year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Keep him away form Sully

SquishDaFish
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Go check out the Gang Green Message Boards. The general consensus is Pettine is good friends with Manish Mehta, the NY Daily News Sports writer, and that he's been the "unnamed source" for many of the leaks about Jets last year.

Yea Im going to listen to the fans LOL

trapezeus
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
can you blame him if he was the leak. he's putting together decent defenses that can win games, and he has an offense that has WR who hate the QB.

better to keep the focus on the problem area than have your area picked apart.

their defense still held up with the number of injuries this year until they just crumbled after the pats loss. but to me that spoke of a team that didn't care. a ton of those points went up because of sanchez.

oh well, i hope this all works for the best.

RedEyE
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
This is just damage control. They're probably pissed he left the Jets for a division opponent.

SABURZFAN
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I hope he turns the Bills defense into the aggressive type like the Jets. i'm tired of them giving up over 400 points a year.

YardRat
01-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I could like this guy a lot, and granted it's potentially a great hire, but I'm waiting to see the baby.

Crisis
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
These videos not loading for anyone else?

EricStratton
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
The Jets organization has a history of "leaking" information about anyone who doesn't drink the cool-aid.

There have been "leaked" stories about Tebow, Greg McElroy, Brian Schottenheimer, etc etc etc.

It's a pattern they have of bashing up a guy once he leaves or once he says anything that the front office and owner see as anti-Jet.

X-Era
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Man I do too.

Love the chess match with opposing QB's... Pre-snap reads and it already being over... Love it.

If he can deliver on a defense that disguises and give the QB's false reads? Yeah. I'll take it.

JoeMama
01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I know it's been said a hundred times, but there's nothing to dislike about a DC who's defenses ranked 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 8th over the past four years.

Especially last season with Darelle Revis being out for the season.

And for the general cluster **** that was the Jets locker room given all the discord over the QB situation.

X-Era
01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Old school fundamentals with cutting edge scheme...

I really like the sounds of that.

Skooby
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I hope he turns the Bills defense into the aggressive type like the Jets. i'm tired of them giving up over 400 points a year.

Thats the same turnover as your Mom, like Grand Central. Yordad's Mom is also looking for you, something about that Gerbil that refuses to poke head.

BertSquirtgum
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
there's also been a lot of speculation going around twitter today that he's the one who was "leaking" all the info about the bad blood in the jets locker room

Who ****ing cares?

Who ****ing cares what ******ed Jets fan say?

Skooby
01-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Who ****ing cares?

Brutal but true, bunch of gang-green dips.

delectrolux
01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Who ****ing cares?

I definitely do not. Just following up the previous post about him being the "leak" with the source of that info. If you're a good coach and my defense is kicking ass, I don't care what you say to the press...

RedEyE
01-11-2013, 07:11 AM
I like what I think he and this defense can become.

But I will reserve my man-crush-bromance for Pettine after I see the product on the field.

Joe Fo Sho
01-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Wow.

I got his phone number last night...I don't know what to do with it.

TigerJ
01-11-2013, 08:45 AM
As far as Pettine being the source of a leak, without proof, it's just hearsay, and I can't be bothered. I think the beggest positive see, appart from philosophy of both Pettine and Marrone regarding pressure, is the appearance that Mike Pettine was his ownn man in New York. He worked with Ryan, and Ryan has to be accorded most of the credit for developing the defense that the Jet's used, but Pettine was clearly not some lackey that Ryan kept around for appearance sake. He is smart, has a strong personality, and definitely had input into that defense. I think he'll be very comfortable being in charge of the Bills defense.

justasportsfan
01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I know he's going to be better than Wanny but I hope he does a better job against the pats who has lit his defense up.

psubills62
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I really don't care what these guys say. For me, Pettine's resume so far speaks for himself.