PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure about Hackett watching his interview on BB.com

ghz in pittsburgh
01-10-2013, 06:41 PM
He's nervous, wet beyond ears. Is Marrone so insecure that he has to hire someone who would not challenge him at all?

BidsJr
01-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Post is dumb.

Novacane
01-10-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm not so sure you should start anymore threads!

SquishDaFish
01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Man are you so wrong. I see confidence and Eager to work. Wow man dont post anymore

ServoBillieves
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Aww shoot. ghz says that he doesn't have a good feeling about a public interview regarding someone who makes decisions behind closed doors.

We're screwed, game over, who wants to root for the Steelers with me?

BillsWin
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Awful thread.

He's excited, energetic and eager to get to work. Not that that even matters.

Because to negate your whole point, Marrone left his comfort zone and hired Pettine. A coach who most certainly could challenge him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
hackett looks and sounds AWESOME excited the only thing i come away in a negative sense is that I SWEAR Chris Brown is drooling

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Holy crap The Pill got huge LOL. How many years has he been out of football?

JoeMama
01-10-2013, 08:31 PM
He's nervous, wet beyond ears. Is Marrone so insecure that he has to hire someone who would not challenge him at all?

Natty Hackett seemed cool and collected to me.

If I had to guess, the only reason the interview may have seemed "off" is probably because the guy is only 33 years old. We're all used to seeing wizened grey beards out there.

The important thing is that he keeps his cool on gameday.

As an aside, do you remember Ellis Lankster?

He seemed to struggle with some stage fright in pressers, but he's carved out a pretty decent career for himself in New York. It's nothing insurmountable.

Also as a second aside, you may want to double check your idiom up there.

X-Era
01-10-2013, 08:42 PM
His rule is 50 pounds a year so I'm guessing he's been out of football at least 145...

JoeMama
01-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah, he's clearly enjoying retirement.

If he was the Dough Boy during his playing career, is it fair to say he's evolved into the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in retirement?

And I say that with love. AVP is the man. I met him about 8 years ago. Fantastic guy.

BertSquirtgum
01-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Great, another stupid thread. Just quit at life and give us all a break from the stupidity.

ParanoidAndroid
01-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Wet behind the ears? Well, sure, compared to the geriatrics ward this organization has been.

Oaf
01-11-2013, 12:30 AM
I won't stoop down to "don't post nemore here bro". What makes you say that in watching his interviews?

YardRat
01-11-2013, 05:46 AM
I would counter Marrone is secure and confident enough to give his right-hand man an opportunity. If he was insecure, he would have gone with a safer hire.

Yasgur's Farm
01-11-2013, 05:56 AM
hackett looks and sounds AWESOME excited the only thing i come away in a negative sense is that I SWEAR Chris Brown is droolingLOL... Yup... It looks like Chris forgot to tidy up after leaving Russ' office.

justasportsfan
01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
You can tell the difference between the Marrone coaching tree and the Sexy Rexy tree. Hackett is wearing a suit and a tie and Pettine is wearing a golf shirt.

BertSquirtgum
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't think coaches should be required to wear suits for an interview.