PDA

View Full Version : Hecht is back (1 yr deal)

Crisis
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.adler-mannheim.de/topstories.php?d

He's been doing well in Germany, can certainly do much worse for a third line center. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Skooby
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
He's looking good for the Nazi's so why wouldn't he here ?

OpIv37
01-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Hopefully he'll throw his weight around. That's always been my biggest complaint about him.

Skooby
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Hopefully he'll throw his weight around. That's always been my biggest complaint about him.

Yeah really, he needs to do that more.

DrGraves
01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
puke. he was one piece of dead weight i was thoroughly looking forward to not having anymore.

OpIv37
01-12-2013, 01:32 PM
puke. he was one piece of dead weight i was thoroughly looking forward to not having anymore.

Do you really think it matters? There is so much dead weight on this roster that one more piece isn't going to make a difference.

I really wish this team could find a real center.

Crisis
01-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Do you really think it matters? There is so much dead weight on this roster that one more piece isn't going to make a difference.

I really wish this team could find a real center.

They did, they're just not NHL ready yet. CoHo and Ennis are a pretty good 1-2 punch at center and there's no point in signing anything other than a short term solution at center (Hecht) behind them with Grigs (and to a lesser extent Girgensons) in the pipeline.

I'm more worried about Hecht's future though, the guy has had so many concussions lately I thought for sure he'd hang them up. I don't want to read a story about his brain damage in a few years..

trapezeus
01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
i am 100% behind crisis. the concussions and his age and what they are going to ask him to do....it's insane. his family needs to step in. he had like 3 concussions in the span of 18 months. that's insane to me. and we aren't talking about crosbey or some young guy who would have his season trageically cut short. he's played...he's made money and had levels of success. hang them up.

oh and by the way, there have to be better options out there for a 3rd/4th line center who has actual grit and playoff experience. the sabres being lazy and going with what they know versus taking some calculated risks.

gebobs
01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Stanley Cup!

SkateZilla
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
He's looking good for the Nazi's so why wouldn't he here ?

he's not being Ruffhouse'd, ahahahahaha.

OpIv37
01-16-2013, 12:36 PM
They did, they're just not NHL ready yet. CoHo and Ennis are a pretty good 1-2 punch at center and there's no point in signing anything other than a short term solution at center (Hecht) behind them with Grigs (and to a lesser extent Girgensons) in the pipeline.

I'm more worried about Hecht's future though, the guy has had so many concussions lately I thought for sure he'd hang them up. I don't want to read a story about his brain damage in a few years..
Are they gonna be NHL ready in 4 days? That's when the season starts....

SkateZilla
01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
once of them wont be cleared to skate./play for awhile. let alone be NHL ready.

Cleve
01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Stanley Cup!

Perhaps - this year it's only half a cup so the Sabres might have a chance. LOL