PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back O-line Coach....

Northern Stampede
01-11-2013, 06:43 PM
I think the new staff should retain Joe D'alessandris, I thought he has done an excellent job coaching our Offensive Line and think that the players seem to like/respond well to him... It was visibly obvious the improvement (imo) that our oline has made the past couple years, and I think some of that is due in part to the coaching they have been receiving.. Also considering the injuries that he had to deal with in coaching and preparing a patch work oline at times I thought they played well.... Thoughts?

The last buffalo fan
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm ok with that, but guess the new head coach would be looking for a fresh start.

Beebe
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Joe D'alessandris come back.

streetkings01
01-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Do people not know that our HC was a former olineman in the NFL and oline coach for the Jets and Saints? I think we'll be ok without Joe D.

RedEyE
01-11-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't know about Oline coach but i think the Bills need to lure the Saints TE coach Terry Malone. Malone has worked with Marrone and has a hell of a resume. He's alos originally from Buffalo and went to Holy Cross.

I'd also like to see Gill Byrd as a secondary coach. Currently out of work from the Bears staff.

Skooby
01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Clean house & start over.

TigerJ
01-11-2013, 09:03 PM
That thought has been expressed by a number of people over the past week or so. People lamented a few years back When Jim McNally retired. He was supposed to be such a great offensibe line coach. Turned out he was nothing special. D'Allesandris was probably better, but as has been stated, Marrone has been an excellent offensive line coach, whose former players rave about how he not only taught technique, but took the time to explain why each technique was used. I would guess he has plenty of contacts and can identify someone whose coaching fits what he wants to do, maybe even someone he's worked with as a position coach in the past.

JoeMama
01-11-2013, 09:20 PM
I think the "success" of the pass blocking of our o'line had more to do with Fitz having a quick release than anything else.

We did pretty good with run-blocking though...

So who knows.

Our new coach, Natty Hackett, will know what to do!

kishoph
01-12-2013, 03:40 AM
Do people not know that our HC was a former olineman in the NFL and oline coach for the Jets and Saints? I think we'll be ok without Joe D.

But as head coach, he's not going to have the time to spend with a specific group, Marrone said he will oversee everything, but you need separate position coaches. I wouldn't mind bringing back D'alessandris, he did a good job, especially if you consider all the line combinations he had to deal with due to injuries. I also wouldn't mind seeing Pete Metzelaars brought back to work with the TE's. Curtis Modkins also did a good job with the RB's, but I think he's probably trying to move up to an OC job.

YardRat
01-12-2013, 05:06 AM
Still think the o-line is over-rated, mostly re:pass protection and short-yardage push.

Night Train
01-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Joe D is a very good coach but Marrone was an OL coach and played the position.

The whole point of picking a fresh new staff is to change the culture. No familiar faces to revisit any level of previous comfort. Time to refocus...and win.

Northern Stampede
01-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing back D'alessandris, he did a good job, especially if you consider all the line combinations he had to deal with due to injuries.

Exactly, the patch work Offensive line we played with for the last two years, and the statistics the Offensive unit put up as far as Sacks given up and Avg yards per rush, have to say something to the coaching that was received.. I just personally think that Joe D did a great job with the guys and that Oline was an area that was a positive for us, besides the injuries!