PDA

View Full Version : Bjoern Werner

Lefty2985
01-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Just watched a few videos on YouTube and I gotta say I don't see effort when it's a run play he doesn't follow it at all. He stands up and watches doesn't help bringing the guy down even if its only 2 yrds away. Don't like him is all I guess

kingJofNYC
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Just watched a few videos on YouTube and I gotta say I don't see effort when it's a run play he doesn't follow it at all. He stands up and watches doesn't help bringing the guy down even if its only 2 yrds away. Don't like him is all I guess

I know what you're talking about, he'll give up on a run play away from him, won't chase it down with effort.

That said, he was rarely spelled at FSU and the guy played a ton of snaps, need to find a way to conserve energy. Don't let it fool you though, the guy can bend around the corner, he's agile, can play the run, and seems like a smart football player. Plays with a good motor, but I do agree that his effort gets called into question when the play is away from him.

JoeMama
01-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Florida State is my surrogate team and I watched Werner a lot this year.

Tread carefully when drafting this kid. He got half his sacks against Murray St and Savannah St.

Went invisible for long stretches.

Great measurables. But definitely not an impact player in year one. Needs more work.

Skooby
01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
He might be really good, his style will translate.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-11-2013, 10:50 PM
We've spent eleventy bajillion dollars on the DLine and now we're looking to be moving towards a hybrid front anyway. I could be onboard with a lineman because I'm generally pro-lineman, but this guy sounds like a project.