Night Train
01-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow !

Skooby
01-12-2013, 06:53 PM
This is unbelievably awesome!!!

Skooby
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
8 degrees in OT, talk about a man's game!!!

Skooby
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I just checked the temps there, wow I'm pumped up!!

ServoBillieves
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Jim Leonhard just blew that one...

Skooby
01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Jim Leonhard just blew that one...Go DJ!

imbondz
01-12-2013, 07:26 PM
horrible refs! great game!

Skooby
01-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Manning just wet the bed.

Night Train
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
What a win for the Ravens.

RedEyE
01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
That was a bit of fun.

Discotrish
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Frozen Rice beats Triple Decker Sandwich with a side of Whipped Manning.

Patti

YardRat
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Great game.

Too bad I had Denver in my office eliminator pool.

****ing Broncos :mad:

Discotrish
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Great game.

Too bad I had Denver in my office eliminator pool.

****ing Broncos :mad:

Cold walk to the parking lot for the fans, that's for sure!

Patti

Skooby
01-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Patti

Less than a minute from a win, it's gotten a lot bitter there.

Typ0
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I missed most of the game but when I did get to peek I saw a lot of guys making plays and a real battle. I also saw some good officiating. That must have been one hell of a game to sit and watch!

Discotrish
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Less than a minute from a win, it's gotten a lot bitter there.

There was a lot of discussion at my house as to whether it was wise for the Broncoes to take a knee at the end of the game when they had the ball, 30 seconds and two timeouts. In games like this I think you need to take a couple shots at getting into field goal range. Too bad for them they didn't.

Patti

Skooby
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
There was a lot of discussion at my house as to whether it was wise for the Broncoes to take a knee at the end of the game when they had the ball, 30 seconds and two timeouts. In games like this I think you need to take a couple shots at getting into field goal range. Too bad for them they didn't.

Patti

I wonder about that as well but momentum was all Ravens & any distractions from OT look like a bad idea. OT was a new game as mentioned & forcing plays on the wrong side of the 50 with almost no real time left was a stretch at best.

If I was Denver's coach, I'd have tried a few shot to near midfield if there. Then see if it's there was some thing better available.

better days
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM

Patti

I don't remember it ever being that cold in Buffalo. That is Minnesota COLD.

better days
01-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Patti

Yeah, Fox is a CONSERVATIVE Coach like Jauron. Play not to lose.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I missed most of the game but when I did get to peek I saw a lot of guys making plays and a real battle. I also saw some good officiating. That must have been one hell of a game to sit and watch!

You must not have been watching long.

Anyway, phenomenal game, though Manning and Champ Bailey looked as though they aged 10 years in the last 10 days.

ServoBillieves
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Patti

My wife and I were really in to the game, especially after Jones TD. She loves football, but doesn't understand the intricacies of it, and when I saw Peyton take a knee my jaw dropped and said "You're (deleted) KIDDING ME!" I explained to her that Peyton has led so many 2 minute drills in his career and if you want it in any quarterbacks hands with the game on the line or an opportunity to win it's him.

Her response blew my mind; "But isn't Ed Reed on their defense? If he throws a pick here he could run it in to the Ravens kicker-guys range right?" 0_o

She made a valid point. I'd say with 2 time outs and time on the clock that you'd let Peyton take the reigns but with Ed playing center field that could've ended in disaster.

YardRat
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
You must not have been watching long.

Anyway, phenomenal game, though Manning and Champ Bailey looked as though they aged 10 years in the last 10 days.

I don't care what kind of HOF resume a guy has, you simply do not put a CB on the wrong side of his career in man press coverage against somebody that can stretch the field like Smith can.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2013, 11:18 AM
My wife and I were really in to the game, especially after Jones TD. She loves football, but doesn't understand the intricacies of it, and when I saw Peyton take a knee my jaw dropped and said "You're (deleted) KIDDING ME!" I explained to her that Peyton has led so many 2 minute drills in his career and if you want it in any quarterbacks hands with the game on the line or an opportunity to win it's him.

Her response blew my mind; "But isn't Ed Reed on their defense? If he throws a pick here he could run it in to the Ravens kicker-guys range right?" 0_o

She made a valid point. I'd say with 2 time outs and time on the clock that you'd let Peyton take the reigns but with Ed playing center field that could've ended in disaster.

That's exactly the mentality we're complaining about. Sure it could have ended in disaster, but they did the "safe" thing and went to OT only to end in disaster anyway.

At very least, take two shots upfield to see what your wideouts can do. Decker and Thomas are excellent tackle-breakers. If they gain 20 or so yards on either of your first two shots, boom - you're in business. If the first two fall incomplete, you still have 3rd down to kneel and play for OT.

I mean, they have one of the best long ball FG kickers in the business AND it's in Denver AND Baltimore was getting tired from playing at altitude on the short week. Press your advantage.

I don't care what kind of HOF resume a guy has, you simply do not put a CB on the wrong side of his career in man press coverage against somebody that can stretch the field like Smith can.

At the beginning, it was a holdover of what worked last time: Flacco couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and Dumervil and Miller were getting to him repeatedly. This time, Baltimore adjusted and shut down Denver's pass rush completely, but the safeties were still playing shallow and counting on Bailey to get the job done. When he wasn't, it took Fox FOREVER to figure that out and adjust.

There are some coaches I like to call Conference Champ Coaches, a term I made up just now. They are 100% excellent at the things they do, but they are not particularly innovative, and very slow to recognize when they have been figured out. Those guys, when they have a dominant roster, will comfortably coach them to a CCG appearance. But their inability to adjust or to bring something new to the table dooms them when they reach the highest level of competition. IMO, those guys only win championships when the breaks fall their way or they meet someone just like them. Fox is one, Lovie Smith is another example.

imbondz
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Manning taking a knee was his admitting that he doesn't have the arm anymore