PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller

JD
01-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Until this week, he hadn't seen any teammates or coaches for 8 months.

Get the **** out already you bum.

Skooby
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
What if we win the Stanley Cup with him in net ?

trapezeus
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM
sabres are totally going to win the cup in this lockout shortened season...and then people will question if its really a valid cup or not and we'll never get close again. classic buffalo.

Skooby
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
sabres are totally going to win the cup in this lockout shortened season...and then people will question if its really a valid cup or not and we'll never get close again. classic buffalo.

I'd take an asterisks with ????? or whatever, bring the championship home.

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM
What if we win the Stanley Cup with him in net ?

We won't though. Not that it's Miller's fault or that he can't win a Cup- he just can't do it with this mediocre bunch in front of him. The only goalie who might be able to win a Cup with this team is Broduer in his prime, and even that would be a long shot.

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
****, I'd take that deal and not think twice about it. The haters can say what they want. I just want to see the Cup in Buffalo. The banner will be in the rafters forever regardless of what people say.

Mski
01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
there is no asterisk next to the 94-95 championship... why would there be one this year

Skooby
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
We won't though. Not that it's Miller's fault or that he can't win a Cup- he just can't do it with this mediocre bunch in front of him. The only goalie who might be able to win a Cup with this team is Broduer in his prime, and even that would be a long shot.

What about Andy Moog in his prime?

- - - Updated - - -

there is no asterisk next to the 94-95 championship... why would there be one this year Rangers ?

Mski
01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
yea i think the rangers won the last strike shortened cup... and i think they're heavy fav's again this year

Skooby
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
yea i think the rangers won the last strike shortened cup... and i think they're heavy fav's again this year

The reason I remember is that the Sabres played them the next season & I watched them raise the banner. I even believe the Sabres won that game.

Electrici
01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
there is no asterisk next to the 94-95 championship... why would there be one this year

Because its Buffalo. and I agree with OpIv; the Cup is the Cup. I could care less what others think if we win it this season. Someone has to win it, it might as well be Buffalo.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Ask LeBron if he's giving back his lockout shortened ring.

Downinfloflo
01-14-2013, 04:41 PM

That was the Devils.

Rangers won the cup the year before the shortened season.

Crisis
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM

You're a Sabres fan and you don't say Hasek??

The team Hasek carried to the finals was worse than what we have now.

Crisis
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM

There's no asterisk on shortened seasons. Everyone is still playing the same amount of games and you still have to win the same amount of games in the playoffs. Does anyone bring it up with the Heat, Spurs, Rangers? Nope.

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
You're a Sabres fan and you don't say Hasek??

The team Hasek carried to the finals was worse than what we have now.
Hasek was great but he wasn't as good as Brodeur in his prime. Basically, only the best goalie ever could win a Cup with this team.

Crisis
01-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Hasek was great but he wasn't as good as Brodeur in his prime. Basically, only the best goalie ever could win a Cup with this team.

Hasek's prime is probably the best of any goalie ever. Brodeur has longevity over him, but in their primes I'd take Hasek any day of the week.

Hasek had better numbers on much much worse teams. Put him on the Devils and they probably win more cups.

mightysimi
01-15-2013, 12:04 AM

Roy did it twice. They had no business winning in 86 or 93. The one with Colorado he had a good team but he basically stole those cups.

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2013, 05:51 AM

You're high.

YankeeInRaleigh
01-15-2013, 07:29 AM

Dude, please pass whatever you must have smoked to have said this.

trapezeus
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
im just saying as a non-local fan, i know all the crap i'm taking from my friends who are fans of other teams. they'll say it to just get under my skin and i will lose it. i'm essentially sonny corleone with regards to dissing my hometown. people know i'll go crazy and they love doing it.

Skooby
01-15-2013, 09:42 PM
im just saying as a non-local fan, i know all the crap i'm taking from my friends who are fans of other teams. they'll say it to just get under my skin and i will lose it. i'm essentially sonny corleone with regards to dissing my hometown. people know i'll go crazy and they love doing it.

It's the journey that matters, not the destination.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the journey that matters, not the destination.

mightysimi
01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Hasek's prime is probably the best of any goalie ever. Brodeur has longevity over him, but in their primes I'd take Hasek any day of the week.

Hasek had better numbers on much much worse teams. Put him on the Devils and they probably win more cups.

I agree on Hasek being better in his prime. Brodeur was good but mostly a bi-product of the trapping teams in NJ.

rbochan
01-16-2013, 07:06 AM
http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13286451

gebobs
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Disagree. Hasek carried his team. Brodeur had far more help from the team in front of him and the system.

Typ0
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Ryan Miller is phenom when he is focused properly. That is on him. If he learns to maintain that focus and the guys gel who knows where they can go? I like this team right now. Miller is going to soon become the weak point or the strength point. We can win with him but we have to score more goals ...

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Brodeur wasnt close to hasek. He had a mediocre save percentage much of his career even in new jerseys defensive system. Hasek in his prime is the best goaltending the sport has ever seen.

imbondz
01-21-2013, 09:53 PM

that made me lol. the thing is, no one remembers 10 years down the road what year was a shortened year, or who won it. I wouldn't care if it's shortened or not, if the Sabres win the Cup I would still flip out. I have no idea what team won the SuperBowl the year of the scrubs, or who won the World Series in the strike shortened season.

Typ0
01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
with our luck they probably will put a * next to every name on the cup!!!!!!

JATMtheJATM
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
There was no world series in 94. Braves won in 95. Seattle had a great run in 95.