X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Can we stop with the we passed over Dalton, Kaep, and Wilson

Look it is well documented that we did not draft them and Aaron Williams has not played well so it does make it worse.

Wilson looks really good as well and no one knows if Graham will be good yet.

Point is they are not here and never will be so lets move on and talk about QBs we can get or trade for.

Here is the other thing no one has thought about had we drafted one of these three guys Gailey and company would still be here.

I do not know about you guys but I would much rather have Marrone and Pettine than those guys. For once the bills actually have two coaches on their staff that had other job offers, and they CHOOSE to be here. Feels good to actually have someone other people wanted.

I am friends with a Browns fan and I told him the Chud hire was just like Gailey, came out of no where, no one interviewed him, no one even talked about as head coach. Probably not be able to get any good names on his staff because no one thinks he will stick. Sad thing is the browns have more talent now than we did three years ago.

Bottom line Nix made a mistake, we all do and all GMs do. Everyone passed on Dalton, Kaep, and Wilson so I guess all 32 teams should fire their whole scouting staff.

Yes I am well aware unless Graham becomes a legit WR and we get a franchise QB those guys will haunt us, but nothing we can do about it now.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can we stop with the we passed over Dalton, Kaep, and Wilson

seriously!

Lets focus on getting our Wilson THIS SEASON.

Pressure is on though for sure. We need to hit on this or we are doomed for more failure.

Comment

• Mouldsie
      • Aug 2012

There isn't a Wilson in every draft. That's kind of the point though.

I also don't see anyone that broke the NCAA record for passing and rushing totals (Kaepernick)

There may be a Dalton, but I don't like Dalton.

I'm hoping we can land a franchise QB but you cant constantly pass on studs at the position thinking that there will be more every year; especially it being the most important position and not having had a QB in over a decade.

2014 looks better, though I hate to waste more time.

The odds are there will be 1 to emerge this year, we need to be the team that finds him if he's there.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Tajh Boyd.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post

Tajh Boyd.
          I read recently that he's staying in school. We also kept the GM that failed to get us a franchise QB, so I'd figure on some more F-ups before his time is over. A. Williams, oh man did we wet the bed there.
          Last edited by Skooby; 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
            There isn't a Wilson in every draft.
            Every team has Wilsons, they make the balls

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

graham was open a lot when he played this year. clearly no R Wilson, but we get a QB who can throw accurately at 25-35 yards, and graham could become a real asset.

i wish teams looked at drafts in a 2 year cycle. reach for aR. Wilson because its a dead QB class coming. bills have put themselves in a crappy situation by not only avoiding a Franchise qb but just not having anyone servicable for next year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

No, we can't.

You know why?

Because those guys are winning while we are losing. The decision to pass on those guys bites us in the ass week in and week out. The choices may have been made a long time ago but the consequences aren't going away anytime soon.

If we ever start winning, then we can forge about it. But people are going to keep talking about it as long as it keeps getting shoved in our faces by them winning and us losing
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Just read that Tajh is staying... well who knows with the rest of them.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    No, we can't.

You know why?

Because those guys are winning while we are losing. The decision to pass on those guys bites us in the ass week in and week out. The choices may have been made a long time ago but the consequences aren't going away anytime soon.

If we ever start winning, then we can forge about it. But people are going to keep talking about it as long as it keeps getting shoved in our faces by them winning and us losing
                    This is 13 years running as well, so it's not like it's been a short-term failure. How long can something bleed before it dies or goes away ?? Nix is part of the problem, the game has gone well past his ability to make the right final choices. Hopefully the coaching staff can work with the draft picks he deals them, I plan on this redo taking a few more years as well.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

The lack of a QB, the failure of our GM to address the position in three separate drafts and the fact that it appears to be a down year for QB draft prospects is THE issue for a Bills franchise mired in suckitude for over a decade. It is the white elephant in the room. Nothing else regarding the near term future of the team is as important save the potential ownership transition given Ralph's age.

Ask yourself why a lame duck GM is being given the green light to make the call on draft day? Sure sounds like a built in excuse for failure for Brandon and company if you ask me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        This is 13 years running as well, so it's not like it's been a short-term failure. How long can something bleed before it dies or goes away ?? Nix is part of the problem, the game has gone well past his ability to make the right final choices. Hopefully the coaching staff can work with the draft picks he deals them, I plan on this redo taking a few more years as well.
                        That's another good point: the idiot responsible for passing on those guys is still in charge.

He hasn't gotten it right in the past. What logical reason is there to expect him to get it right now?

Until Nix is either gone or proves he has learned from his mistakes by finding a QB, then passing on those guys is still relevant discussion.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

leave it up to OP to turn another thread into a beachfest.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            i wish teams looked at drafts in a 2 year cycle. reach for aR. Wilson because its a dead QB class coming. bills have put themselves in a crappy situation by not only avoiding a Franchise qb but just not having anyone servicable for next year.
                            You can't know that far ahead of time. If Barkley had ripped through the NCAA like people anticipated and Smith hadn't slackened at the end of the year, people would be calling this a stacked QB class instead of a bust.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                              Look it is well documented that we did not draft them and Aaron Williams has not played well so it does make it worse.

Wilson looks really good as well and no one knows if Graham will be good yet.

Point is they are not here and never will be so lets move on and talk about QBs we can get or trade for.

Here is the other thing no one has thought about had we drafted one of these three guys Gailey and company would still be here.

I do not know about you guys but I would much rather have Marrone and Pettine than those guys. For once the bills actually have two coaches on their staff that had other job offers, and they CHOOSE to be here. Feels good to actually have someone other people wanted.

I am friends with a Browns fan and I told him the Chud hire was just like Gailey, came out of no where, no one interviewed him, no one even talked about as head coach. Probably not be able to get any good names on his staff because no one thinks he will stick. Sad thing is the browns have more talent now than we did three years ago.

Bottom line Nix made a mistake, we all do and all GMs do. Everyone passed on Dalton, Kaep, and Wilson so I guess all 32 teams should fire their whole scouting staff.

Yes I am well aware unless Graham becomes a legit WR and we get a franchise QB those guys will haunt us, but nothing we can do about it now.
                              The answer is NO!!! We should NEVER stop talking about the long and dismal history the Buffalo Bills have when it comes to QB's.

Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

I've wrote this many times, but, it cannot NEVER be forgotten.

In the 60+ year history of the Buffalo Bills, they have spent their first round pick on a QB, only TWICE. Jim Kelly, and JP Losman.

In the 60+ year history of the Buffalo Bills they have NEVER, not ONCE spent their first draft pick on a QB.

Remember, even Jim Kelly was NOT the Bills first pick that year. Tony Hunter was, the monumentally huge bust at TE.

The Bills have used their first pick on a Running back 10 TIMES.

The Bills have used their first pick on a Defensive back 10 TIMES.

But NEVER on a QB....inarguably the most important single position in any team sport.

As Bills fans, we must NEVER forget the total ineptness of the team owner. NEVER!

Comment

Working...
                              X