PDA

View Full Version : Why not Bray?

Cali512
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Out of all the QBs this year Bray has the strongest arm. Seems to be this years Stafford or Cutler. But why is he never talked highly? He has the most NFL ready arm over Geno and Nassib. Hes big, good in the pocket it seems, and hes very accurate. Every deep ball ive seen outa him has been perfect, so whats wrong with him? Because im starting to like him over everyone. Tyler Wilson is pathetic, Nassib has alot of ?s, Geno is only good vs bad teams, and Glennon plays in a small school. While im at it, why in the hell does anyone like Wilson? He looks terrible, ive never seen him make a NFL throw. His arm is weak as hell, no zip, and ive seen him throw so many ducks, which shows he doesnt have a great grip of the football, and its impossible to be good when your hands are to small to grip the ball. Grip and throwing should be natural. In the NFL its all mental, you should be able to have enough faith and control of the ball, that you dont even have to pay any attention to motion, or fundementals, just get it in the place you need to. Bray has the best control of the ball over any QB. He might make some stupid decisions, but he puts the ball where he wants and has no issue getting it there. Just sometimes isnt the correct choice.

The Jokeman
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Out of all the QBs this year Bray has the strongest arm. Seems to be this years Stafford or Cutler. But why is he never talked highly? He has the most NFL ready arm over Geno and Nassib. Hes big, good in the pocket it seems, and hes very accurate. Every deep ball ive seen outa him has been perfect, so whats wrong with him? Because im starting to like him over everyone. Tyler Wilson is pathetic, Nassib has alot of ?s, Geno is only good vs bad teams, and Glennon plays in a small school. While im at it, why in the hell does anyone like Wilson? He looks terrible, ive never seen him make a NFL throw. His arm is weak as hell, no zip, and ive seen him throw so many ducks, which shows he doesnt have a great grip of the football, and its impossible to be good when your hands are to small to grip the ball. Grip and throwing should be natural. In the NFL its all mental, you should be able to have enough faith and control of the ball, that you dont even have to pay any attention to motion, or fundementals, just get it in the place you need to. Bray has the best control of the ball over any QB. He might make some stupid decisions, but he puts the ball where he wants and has no issue getting it there. Just sometimes isnt the correct choice.

To me the only QB with a top 10 pick is Geno Smith. You can't dismiss his numbers from last season and the size/skills he shows. After that it's a big question marks. I think your comparison to Cutler and Bray is fair but that's a huge gamble to take and not sure I'd take it unless we trade down to the mid to late teens or even early twenties and amass another pick in the first three rounds. Yet I will say I do favor Bray over Wilson as I don't get the love either. Same thing for Glennon. I admit also intrigued with EJ Manual in Round 2. Though if I were to pick any QB to want in this draft it has to be Geno. Nassib and his Syracuse ties are intersting but only in the second but only if Smith, Bray, Wilson (I think he'll be a mid twenty to early round pick in Round 2), Manuel are off the board. Then you'd have to debate Glennon/Nassib.

Cali512
01-14-2013, 09:03 PM
To me the only QB with a top 10 pick is Geno Smith. You can't dismiss his numbers from last season and the size/skills he shows. After that it's a big question marks. I think your comparison to Cutler and Bray is fair but that's a huge gamble to take and not sure I'd take it unless we trade down and amass another pick in the first three rounds. Yet I will say I do favor Bray over Wilson as I don't get the love either. Same thing for Glennon. I admit also intrigued with EJ Manual in Round 2. Though if I were to pick any QB to want in this draft it has to be Geno.

Geno has looked god awfull so many times this season. Especially when hes needed to show up. He has great playmakers, and had good protection last year, but he still had games were he was terrible. Id say hes the biggest gamble this whole draft, because you can throw some of his tape on and say hes a top 5 pick, then others and you wouldnt say any higher than 3rd.

The Jokeman
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Geno has looked god awfull so many times this season. Especially when hes needed to show up. He has great playmakers, and had good protection last year, but he still had games were he was terrible. Id say hes the biggest gamble this whole draft, because you can throw some of his tape on and say hes a top 5 pick, then others and you wouldnt say any higher than 3rd.

and the tape on most of the rest of the guys listed don't show to be a top 5 picks at all. QB is tough position to predict.

Cali512
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
and the tape on most of the rest of the guys listed don't show to be a top 5 picks at all. QB is tough position to predict.

Bray and Glennon look the best if you just look at the tape and ignore the rest. Barkleys not even an option to me, and Geno thank god wont be there to gamble on. Hell be the chiefs issue, but I dont hate him, but he scares me to much. Early in the season he looked amazing and i thought he would be perfect, but then he played real teams and sucked. Bray, Glennon, EJ or Nassib is my pick

YardRat
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Please, no Geno. Let's go defense, WR or oline at 8, and see who starts to drop to the top of the second round before even considering trading back up.

Mouldsie
01-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Because he's a moron.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-15-2013, 12:43 AM
I think Geno's expectations kinda blew everything out of proportion. He got whupped by K-State, I admit that, but what other godawful performances are we talking about? The Pinstripe Bowl? He went 19/28 (68%) for 200 yds and 2 TDs. Not eye-popping numbers but "godawful"? Really? The guy threw 6 picks in over 500 attempts. That's a staggering feat.

Night Train
01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Not sure Bray fits the O the Bills will run.

kishoph
01-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Saying Tyler Wilson has a weak arm makes me think you really haven't seen enough of Tyler Wilson, his arm is plenty strong enough to make any pass to add with his accuracy and touch. Don't be surprised if the Chiefs take him with the 1st pick. I wouldn't complain with selecting Bray, but he certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Because he's a moron.
But maybe he's a Marrone!

tampabay25690
01-15-2013, 06:43 AM
The thing with Bray is he had 2 pretty damn good WR at TENN and his OL was not bad.
The guy never won a big game at all...Forces throws and makes stupid mistakes. I know all QB's do that but the guy was AWFUL under pressure.
Not big on him at all....
Im an SEC guy and I dont see him panning out in the NFL, if we want a clip board QB then go ahead and draft the young Tyler Bray....

tampabay25690
01-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Saying Tyler Wilson has a weak arm makes me think you really haven't seen enough of Tyler Wilson, his arm is plenty strong enough to make any pass to add with his accuracy and touch. Don't be surprised if the Chiefs take him with the 1st pick. I wouldn't complain with selecting Bray, but he certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

I didnt even read who said Tyler Wilson has a weak arm but they shouldnt even comment if thats what was stated.
Tyler Wilson is my fav QB in this draft class.
I know some of you like Ryan Mallett then you will like Tyler Wilson that much better, great arm and can move around a bit.....Will take a hit in the pocket and can throw every route on the field.

kingJofNYC
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Because he's not the things you say he is. Good accuracy and Bray, they don't belong together. He's below 60% for his career, yet you tag him as accurate. Had two of the more dynamic WRs in CFB and still couldnt crack the 60% barrier. Bray is more like Osweiler than Cutler or Stafford.

If you think Tyler Wilson's arm is weak you should take a step back and reconsider how you judge players.

Tatonka
01-15-2013, 08:03 AM
im not sure how much you watched this year, but Bray was highly inconsistent. he had times when he was accurate, but it was followed up with some off target throws. And while he has a big arm, he is built like a twig.. he looks fragile to me.

i also never saw the clutch factor out of him. i probably watched 5 tennessee games this season.. he looked the same pretty much every game.. some great plays and some awful ones.. he does remind me a lot of glennon.. same description..

TigerJ
01-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Tyler Bray is regarded as the least mature QB in the class. He is regarded as not having very good study habits. His arm is not so much better than most of the top QB prospects it would be worth putting up wiith his lack of self discipline IMO. Among QB prospects; Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib, Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, Zac Dysert, and Geno Smith are all said to have strong arms. The only one about whom there is a concern over arm strength is Matt Barkley, and his arm is better than some startng NFL QBs.

kishoph
01-15-2013, 08:12 AM
I didnt even read who said Tyler Wilson has a weak arm but they shouldnt even comment if thats what was stated.
Tyler Wilson is my fav QB in this draft class.
I know some of you like Ryan Mallett then you will like Tyler Wilson that much better, great arm and can move around a bit.....Will take a hit in the pocket and can throw every route on the field.

I've felt/feel the same way about Wilson, one thing that a lot of people don't realize is that he lost his two best receivers to the NFL and his head coach this year, it makes sense his year was going to be down from last year. The one concern I have is the concussions, even though Wilson may be the toughest QB in this class, they could be of concern.

Bill Cody
01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Wilson is the best QB in this class

CleveSteve
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
There is probably no QB in the draft with better pocket passer tools than Bray, but the guy is so streaky. Any game he can go off for 400 yards, or he could complete jsut 50% of his passes. If you were going to get the best of each QB every game they played, Bray would be my top pick this year, but he seems to be a bit of a space cadet sometimes. He still might end up being a good starting QB and will likely go after pick 40... but he's risky.

trapezeus
01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
bray's a junior and he's below 60% in passing. Two no no's on the parcell list. if he's got the stuff, stay in school and get better.

i saw a game with him where he was super accurate. but then followed it up with a game that fitz would even cringe at. So he's no sure thing. the bills need a QB who needs little coaching and or can accept that he needs coaching but is a quick learner.

I don't think bray is that guy.

Bill Cody
01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
it had to be said: only a jackass would support bray

tomz
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I happen to be at UT (faculty). I watched a few games, Bray has an amazing arm. He makes it look effortless. BTW, those two big time receivers had a fair number of big time drops.
However, the word here is that Bray simply lacks intensity and, as someone mentioned, study habits. Not very mature. I even heard some quiet rumors about weed.

In short, awesome physical talent but lacking mentally. Could be partly coaching. Dooley was apparently not exactly keeping a tight rein on things.

mightysimi
01-15-2013, 10:32 PM
From what I read, there are questions about each QB. Also that there is enough of them that one of them will be there in the second round. I'm on the stud WR train.

TigerJ
01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
it had to be said: only a jackass would support bray One might even say that Bray sounds like an a**.

Raptor
01-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Because he was considered the weak link in that Tenn. offense

Bray is awful

CleveSteve
01-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Because he was considered the weak link in that Tenn. offense

Bray is awful

And yet, he threw for more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs, with a better QB rating than Tyler Wilson on a squad with no NFL draft prospects on the OL.

Oh yeah, and he never threw his team under a bus after getting crushed in a game where he didn't play.

Tyler Wilson at 8.

Night Train
01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Good arm. Huge.. but very..Bledsoesque. Couldn't stand Bledsoe.

Not one of the ones, IMO.

CleveSteve
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Good arm. Huge.. but very..Bledsoesque. Couldn't stand Bledsoe.

Not one of the ones, IMO.

I think that's a pretty good comp, NT.

Raptor
01-17-2013, 05:15 PM
And yet, he threw for more yards, more TDs, fewer INTs, with a better QB rating than Tyler Wilson on a squad with no NFL draft prospects on the OL.

Oh yeah, and he never threw his team under a bus after getting crushed in a game where he didn't play.

Tyler Wilson at 8.

and this post ^^^^^^ is the perfect example of why you must watch the games. Just spouting off stats will make you look pretty clueless.

See if CleveSteve here had actually watched Bray play he'd know that a lot of those stats where garbage stats that he gathered while trying to get back into games. He would also know that he had a lock first rounder and at least a fringe pair of WR's to throw to. He'd also know that Tenn. OL does in fact have NFL draft prospects on its OL and it was one of the better OL's in the SEC. If he would have watched Bray he would realize that he is horrible in the clutch and threw dumb pass after dumb pass showing no feel for the game.

But of course he would have had to have watched Bray play to truly understand how laughable it is to think he'll ever be anything on the NFL level

CleveSteve
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
No, I fully understand that he makes dumb passes. Absolutely. He's hot and cold. Did you watch the game vs. South Carolina? One of the best Ds in the country? I did. That wasn't all "comeback stat-padding." They were in that game from start to finish and were 20 yards from winning that game in south carolina.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2013, 07:09 PM
who is the most mobile out of this year's elite qbs? that is who I want.