PDA

View Full Version : Worst Jersey you bought

ServoBillieves
01-14-2013, 09:14 PM
I know we have all had our 21 Spiller jerseys, our JP/Trent's, heck, even a few Holcombs.

What's the worst jersey you have bought?

I'll start off with my authentic Coy Wire jersey.

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
McGahee. Well, technically it was a Christmas gift but I asked for it.

Also, my wife has one jersey: Losman.

YardRat
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
I quit buying jerseys for myself a long time ago, so the JP one I got for my son at a game will have to do.

EricStratton
01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I have a Travis Henry hanging in my closet.

OpIv37
I quit buying jerseys for myself a long time ago, so the JP one I got for my son at a game will have to do.

From now on, I'm only going with the proven, classic players. I have a Kelly one that I got maybe 5 years ago that's still in good shape. The Bruce Smith one that I got when I was in 8th grade in 1992 finally wore out but I'm hoping to replace it.

ServoBillieves
McGahee. Well, technically it was a Christmas gift but I asked for it.

Also, my wife has one jersey: Losman.

I'm sorry for your wife :/. But we all did it at the time. If that unreal game hadn't happened I'd say spray paint it orange.

ServoBillieves
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM

My dad bought me a Gabe Northern jersey. Your son has won that lottery.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I had a Drew Bledsoe jersey, its been nine years and that is still one fugly jersey.

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I have a Travis Henry hanging in my closet.

does it have like 13 smaller Travis Henry jerseys hanging off the bottom and asking for food money?

- - - Updated - - -

I had a Drew Bledsoe jersey, its been nine years and that is still one fugly jersey.

I have one of those too- my parents gave it to me when he was traded. I loved it at the time....*sigh.

IAG
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
1998 Logo Athletic Quinn Early replica. Beat that folks!

EricStratton
01-14-2013, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=OpIv37;3741361]does it have like 13 smaller Travis Henry jerseys hanging off the bottom and asking for food money?

I use it to wrap my bales of pot in

OpIv37
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I use it to wrap my bales of pot in

actually, that brings up a good question: what do you people do with your old jerseys?

Mine just sit in bins under the bed. I'll never wear them again, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to get rid of them because they are Bills jerseys.

IAG
01-14-2013, 09:42 PM
actually, that brings up a good question: what do you people do with your old jerseys?

Mine just sit in bins under the bed. I'll never wear them again, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to get rid of them because they are Bills jerseys.

I have 21 Bills jerseys. For authentic shirts I have a white Champion Bruce Smith shirt, 4 Rob Johnson shirts, home and away (Puma and Reebok) and home and away Travis Henry shirts the Donahoe era. I have a Pro Bowl Bruce Smith shirt from 1989.

I have them in Rubbermaids in the garage.

Skooby
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I bought my wife a #0 jersey with Wagons for a name, she still doesn't get it & I've told her what it means ~ 4 times.

clumping platelets
01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
#66 Dockery :ontome:

Scumbag College
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
I had a Scott Norwood shirt when I was a kid. It was a long sleeve t-shirt with a Bills logo on the front, "Norwood" across the upper back where the last name would be on the jersey and "11" across the rest of the back. I think I got it in 88 when he had a few game winning kicks at the end of games. It went missing early on during the calender year of 1991 and has never been seen again.

Mouldsie
01-14-2013, 11:10 PM
#21 Spiller

Best: 90's Eric Moulds

IlluminatusUIUC
01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
I have a #21 McGahee that I bought because I wanted a throwback and it was the only one available. I kept meaning to change the nameplate, but luckily Spiller changed his number before I could.

Hopefully McLovin unbusts or else we get someone good on that # again.

Crisis
01-15-2013, 01:34 AM
McGahee and Henry.

Don't Panic
01-15-2013, 05:06 AM
I have two jerseys... a replica Tasker and a Chinese "authentic" Dareus (thanks Squish). I'm not complaining with either, although the Tasker is one of my favorite possessions for obvious reasons.

kishoph
01-15-2013, 05:25 AM
I hate to admit it, but I bought a Trent Edwards jersey, I had a bad run with QB jerseys buying a Bledsoe and Losman before the Edwards, which by the way is the last Bills QB jersey I bought.

ServoBillieves
01-15-2013, 06:45 AM
I had a Scott Norwood shirt when I was a kid. It was a long sleeve t-shirt with a Bills logo on the front, "Norwood" across the upper back where the last name would be on the jersey and "11" across the rest of the back. I think I got it in 88 when he had a few game winning kicks at the end of games. It went missing early on during the calender year of 1991 and has never been seen again.

My g/f in college got me a $30 NFL.com card for Valentines Day. I got one of those "put what you want on it" Long sleeve shirts. Bills on both shoulders, Standing Buffalo on front, and #30 on the back.

Ko Simpson.

Pinkerton Security
01-15-2013, 07:07 AM
my worst purchase was a Whitner...it was even worse bc I bought it when he only had 1 year left on his contract.

I also have McGahee, Evans, and a Spikes jersey which I had changed to a Poz...ugh

However, my Flutie and of course classic Bruce jersey make up for these errors.

OpIv37
01-15-2013, 08:14 AM
I have 2 Spikes jerseys- a throwback and a regular white one that's autographed. I was going to modify the throwback to Poz but fortunately I never got around to it.

ServoBillieves
01-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I have 2 Spikes jerseys- a throwback and a regular white one that's autographed. I was going to modify the throwback to Poz but fortunately I never got around to it.

Off-topic for a Bills board, but my aunt was invited to a private meeting at her office with Danny Briere. She let me know (I'm the favorite, what can I say) and he signed my 48 slug jersey, a puck, and a picture. She talked to him a bit and asked if he was staying, he said "I'm trying/love the city/fans/et cetera."

6 days later he jetted for Philly. Major disappointment.

The last buffalo fan
01-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Like OpI says, all are Bills jerseys, all of them are great on my book and worth every ****ing penny:

Kelly home and away
Thomas home and away
Bruce home and away
Reed home
Moulds home and away
Flutie home and away
Johnson away
Losman home and away (but people who bought them for me, got me the wrong sizes and my boys wear them)
Spikes away
Miloy home
Riemersma away
Holocek away
Spielman (Browns home jersey)

I guess I'm missing a few more but those are on top of my head right now

**** it .... :gobills:

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
1998 Logo Athletic Quinn Early replica. Beat that folks!
:rofl: You win!

My Youboty away jersey is up there though.

MTBillsFan
01-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Coy wire, poz, Edwards, Bledsoe, McGahee, Owens worst
Best: Chinese authentic Thurman, Chinese authentic Kelly and Chinese authentic Mario
Damn I have a bunch... All jerseys were on sale.

Skooby
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Off-topic for a Bills board, but my aunt was invited to a private meeting at her office with Danny Briere. She let me know (I'm the favorite, what can I say) and he signed my 48 slug jersey, a puck, and a picture. She talked to him a bit and asked if he was staying, he said "I'm trying/love the city/fans/et cetera."

6 days later he jetted for Philly. Major disappointment.

My Wife took Briere for her & my daughter / I took Vanek for me & the boy.

Mski
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
for football i have Spiller (28) spikes, troy vincent, poz, mario williams, the poz was a gift.. worst of them probably vincent
for hockey i have 3 pecca (one original blue home, one billy goat home/away) 1 Lafontain away(original logo) 1 zhitnik red billy goat, miller (new home), vanek (new home), Myers last year alt

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Riemersma away

That's hard core.

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
I have a friend who gave me a Trent Edwards jersey. I wore it to one game in 2009 & by the next game he was benched. Then when Gailey named Edwards the starter I wore it to start the next season & he got benched & cut. I have it in a closet & I cut the name Edwards off the back. It's kind of worthless since they changed the uniforms.

T-Long
01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
From now on, I'm only going with the proven, classic players. I have a Kelly one that I got maybe 5 years ago that's still in good shape. The Bruce Smith one that I got when I was in 8th grade in 1992 finally wore out but I'm hoping to replace it.
That's the route I took...Got a Kelly, Thomas, and B. Smith one that hang in my closet.

DynaPaul
01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
An authentic Fitzpatrick from China. I bought it last summer and it totally went against my rule of only going with established players or legends but there was one thing about it that made me "had to have it." It was black! I wear a lot of black clothing and this website had one black jersey that was unfortunately a Fitzpatrick one. So I bought it and now I have to burn it in effigy. It's a damn shame too because I was hoping there'd be some way I could save it but I don't think it's possible.

venis2k1
01-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I knew i should have waited on that Vince Young jersey....

ServoBillieves
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
for football i have Spiller (28) spikes, troy vincent, poz, mario williams, the poz was a gift.. worst of them probably vincent
for hockey i have 3 pecca (one original blue home, one billy goat home/away) 1 Lafontain away(original logo) 1 zhitnik red billy goat, miller (new home), vanek (new home), Myers last year alt

Not bad for the Sabres jerseys, but you also reminded me of my "what the hell?!" jersey for the Sabres.

It was a gift and actually FROM him so I don't and never will consider it a mistake, but Geoff Sanderson gave my dad (who then gave it to me) a signed black jersey. I love going to concessions and hearing "Is that a Geoff Sanderson jersey?"

Mski
01-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Not bad for the Sabres jerseys, but you also reminded me of my "what the hell?!" jersey for the Sabres.

It was a gift and actually FROM him so I don't and never will consider it a mistake, but Geoff Sanderson gave my dad (who then gave it to me) a signed black jersey. I love going to concessions and hearing "Is that a Geoff Sanderson jersey?"
thankfuly i dont have any of the ""black hole"" alternates to the billy goat thankfuly

ServoBillieves
01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
thankfuly i dont have any of the ""black hole"" alternates to the billy goat thankfuly

The circles with the crossed swords?

PISSCHUNK
01-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a blue #28 Greg Bell and a #55 Cornelius Bennett.

IAG
01-20-2013, 08:44 AM
:rofl: You win!

My Youboty away jersey is up there though.

Between my Early, your Youboty shirt and the previous guy's Dockery one, we have made some people wealthy over the years. lol.

Historian
01-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Worst: A red, white and blue Bledsoe...just before they unveiled the navy jersies, and a road Winfield after the jersies were unveiled.

My best was an authentic 1986 Russell Athletic Kelly jersey in white. It was the "fishnet" type.(They wore Russell for that one season) Wish I still had that one.

Still have my authentic Sand-Knit Ferguson (blue) and Haslett. (white)