PDA

View Full Version : This year's fantasy stud

Mouldsie
01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I am doing a fantasy hockey league with my friends and I discovered that none of our dear Sabres are ranked very high by ESPN.... I believe Stafford was the highest rated forward somewhere in the 100 range overall.

I'm obviously trying to gain an edge by finding some hidden gems. Last year I went to the championship by mining the likes of Erik Karlsson, Jordan Eberle, Jaime Benn, Tyler Seguin among others... It made me wonder who could be that guy in Buffalo.

Is Tyler Ennis one of those men this year? Does Grigorenko come in week 1 and light it up?
What do you think?

Skooby
01-15-2013, 03:16 AM
That Russian rookie has 5 days to beat out Hecht, who is loved by Lindy & shaven nightly by 50 Virgins. I don't even know if he'll stay up with the club this year, risky play.

Mski
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
its still early to say, but i dont see how he's not atlease the 3rd best center in this league... ennis seemed to have really clicked with foligno and stafford last year, and all three could be point producers, i think CoHo might be the second biggest boom or bust guy on the team behind Grigo

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
its still early to say, but i dont see how he's not atlease the 3rd best center in this league... ennis seemed to have really clicked with foligno and stafford last year, and all three could be point producers, i think CoHo might be the second biggest boom or bust guy on the team behind Grigo
i meant to say "on this team"

mightysimi
01-18-2013, 03:52 PM
I am doing a fantasy hockey league with my friends and I discovered that none of our dear Sabres are ranked very high by ESPN.... I believe Stafford was the highest rated forward somewhere in the 100 range overall.

I'm obviously trying to gain an edge by finding some hidden gems. Last year I went to the championship by mining the likes of Erik Karlsson, Jordan Eberle, Jaime Benn, Tyler Seguin among others... It made me wonder who could be that guy in Buffalo.

Is Tyler Ennis one of those men this year? Does Grigorenko come in week 1 and light it up?
What do you think?

Are you in a 4 person league? How could Eberle, Benn and Seguin not get drafted?

Mouldsie
01-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Who said they weren't drafted?

They were undervalued in the majority of 2011-12 drafts. I got them late and they produced above their projection. Karlsson especially. What a fantasy beast.

This year I took chances on a bunch of rookies; Yakupov, Huberdeau, Conacher, J. Schultz, and Tarasenko.

Also hoping Brendan Smith can produce above default rankings and general expectations.

Draft was all Sabres fans so they all got taken higher than I was thinking. I like avoiding players on my fav team anyway.

mightysimi
01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Ahh I thought you said you got them on the waiver wire. They might have been undervalued based on point production but anyone who watched them play could see they were ready to break out.

Skooby
01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Anybody else?

Mouldsie
01-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Vanek is on pace for 240 points so I guess he counts. Prob fell out of the first 2 rounds in every league. Great value haha

mightysimi
01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Tarasenko in St louis is off to a nice start. Probably not drafted or drafted low. Ales Hemsky could have a bounce back year now that he is healthy too.