PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nassib

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Wanna get some thoughts on this , good qb and im all for drafting him but 8 pick in the first rd i dont think i would do that. prob jarvis or top WR like Keenan 2nd rd is where i think i would draft him, just don't wanna reach for that pick. and if he isnt there still goods ones in the draft in 2nd rd

justasportsfan
01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I like him in the 2nd but the senior bowl as well as the combine will determine whether his stock will rise or fall.

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Yea true which direction would u go with the 8th pick

justasportsfan
01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Yea true which direction would u go with the 8th pick

Eddie Lacy

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Really a running back ummmm y

SpillerThrills
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
because that's what this organization does..... they pick a position that we are already stacked in and pick it again.... see the CJ Spiller pick....

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
llllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooo true

RedEyE
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I'd prefer to draft EJ Manuel over Nassib. If Nassib is there with a 5th or later, then yeah maybe.

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I think we've already discussed this topic to death.

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM
EJ manuel florida st nah not feeling that

trapezeus
01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
EJ Manuel, from the little i've seen isn't really a pro offense QB. A lot of running plays and pitch outs and when he does throw, the accuracy isn't there.

I think the time for athletic qb's has come and gone. You can run, but you got to be able to deliver passes accurately. Manuel strikes me as a third round selection if he is there.

What i like from the little i've seen from Nassib is that he's built like a tank...he looks indestructable. and he has the arm to play the winter conditions. you can teach a guy who wants to learn how to deliver accurate shorter passes. it's hard to get them to throw the long ball.

at the end, if i was GM, i would want to pick who comes off the most like a leader. Look at R Wilson. Whenever he speaks, he just exudes confidence and that he's ready to put in the work. and that's what hte bills have been lacking of late.

Night Train
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Brandon just fed all the analytical data into the computer.

It came out with a punter from Slippery Rock.

HAMMER
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
I think the time for athletic qb's has come and gone. You can run, but you got to be able to deliver passes accurately.

Have you been watching Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick the last month? First off a QB can never be too athletic, should they start raiding the physics dept at Yale for QB's now? Second, have you been watching Wilson and Kaepernick lately?

Bangarang
01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Have you been watching Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick the last month? First off a QB can never be too athletic, should they start raiding the physics dept at Yale for QB's now? Second, have you been watching Wilson and Kaepernick lately?

Cam Newton says hello.

HAMMER
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Cam Newton says hello.

and RGIII...

The last buffalo fan
01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
What i like from the little i've seen from Nassib is that he's built like a tank...he looks indestructable. and he has the arm to play the winter conditions. you can teach a guy who wants to learn how to deliver accurate shorter passes. it's hard to get them to throw the long ball.

at the end, if i was GM, i would want to pick who comes off the most like a leader. Look at R Wilson. Whenever he speaks, he just exudes confidence and that he's ready to put in the work. and that's what hte bills have been lacking of late.

Do you see him in this category? I read here somewhere that he is not a leader, that he is more like a Mario Williams type of player.

SabreEleven
01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Wanna get some thoughts on this , good qb and im all for drafting him but 8 pick in the first rd i dont think i would do that. prob jarvis or top WR like Keenan 2nd rd is where i think i would draft him, just don't wanna reach for that pick. and if he isnt there still goods ones in the draft in 2nd rd

So what's going to happen is we won't get him in the first round pick...someone picks him up in the early 2nd before us and we are on this board same time, next year *****ing about it when he is in the playoffs and we aren't.

HAMMER
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
I think it's a major stretch that Nassib goes before the middle of the second round, major.

Bangarang
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
and RGIII...

My point being that everyone was hyping Cam Newton as a hall of famer because of his excellent rookie season. His sophomore season was less than impressive and all of a sudden you aren't hearing his name mentioned as often or seeing his face on Sportscenter every day.

Give it time before we start fitting Wilson and Kaepernick for their gold jackets.

SabreEleven
01-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I think it's a major stretch that Nassib goes before the middle of the second round, major.

and we said the same thing about Wilson and Kaepernik last year.

Maximilli
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
So what's going to happen is we won't get him in the first round pick...someone picks him up in the early 2nd before us and we are on this board same time, next year *****ing about it when he is in the playoffs and we aren't.

I hear ya but 8th pick to high when there other good qbs unless they trade back into first rd then fine but thats a to far of a reach for him

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Those are really the same point, by the way.

trapezeus
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM

My point isn't that you don't want a highly athletic QB, but we've seen the vick, young, possibly even newton experiments come and go. These guys can be marginalized after a while because they don't readjust to what is being thrown at them. EJ Manuel, from the little i've seen, strikes me as one of these guys. Could do well for a bit because he runs, but once he gets game planned around, won't make the passes to make defenses stop doing that. Then you have a frustrated QB.

Wilson is exactly my point of athlete, but has a strong leadership quality. he doesn't just buy time in the pocket and make plays with his legs, but he passes very accurately and reads a defense really well. Kaepernick similar but maybe less so. Sometimes when he starts scrambling, he looks like he wants to do it all himself. That packers INT was an example of that.

What i love about wilson is that if you don't watch for him to run, he will. and when you keep someone in there to prevent runs, he just moves around the pocket and delivers a good pass. That's the stuff you can kind of teach. but at the end it's the feel a qb has. Wilson knows to take what he can get from what he sees. Vicks and Manuels want to do it all themselves.

Not a QB expert...just my feeling.

GingerP
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
My point being that everyone was hyping Cam Newton as a hall of famer because of his excellent rookie season. His sophomore season was less than impressive and all of a sudden you aren't hearing his name mentioned as often or seeing his face on Sportscenter every day.

Newton got off to a slow start, but he finished really strong. He ended up 280-for-485 (57.7%), 3,869 (8.0 YPA), 19 TD, 12 Int, 86.2 QB Rating. Plus, he ran 127 times for 741 yards (5.8 YPC) and 8 TDs. That isn't bad. He really lit it up in the 2nd half of the year. Carolina won 5 of their last 6, including a win over the Atlanta team that is playing next weekend. Carolina really doesn't have a lot at WR other than Steve Smith, he was doing a lot of it on his own.

It isn't surprising Newton struggled a little to start his 2nd season, but he turned it around and the arrow is till pointing way up for him. Remember, he only played a year in major college and is still only 23 years old. His best years are ahead of him, especially if Carolina can put better talent around him. The Panthers don't regret the pick at all. If they re-drafted all the QB in the NFL, Newton still is easily top 10 and probably higher given how young he is.

THATHURMANATOR
01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I'd prefer to draft EJ Manuel over Nassib. If Nassib is there with a 5th or later, then yeah maybe.

Whoa you are pretty low on Nassib I see.

I have seen a decent amount of both Manual and Nassib.

Manuel is more athletic but doesn't seem to be a very polished passer.

Nassib has a Cannon but not that much touch. Seems to be a true leader.

I would be fine with either as long as we finally get a guy we can try to mold into a solid and consistant starter.

RedEyE
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Whoa you are pretty low on Nassib I see.

I have seen a decent amount of both Manual and Nassib.

Manuel is more athletic but doesn't seem to be a very polished passer.

Nassib has a Cannon but not that much touch. Seems to be a true leader.

I would be fine with either as long as we finally get a guy we can try to mold into a solid and consistant starter.

Too be honest, Corey, I'm high on Geno Smith and very little there after this year.

I really like Manuel's size and athleticism. He has a high 4.5 to mid 4.6 40 time (old) and some good burst out to move him out of the backfield. He has an amazing downfield rainbow. He has shown some signs of inconsistency against better teams (see Florida) but I really like what I saw from him when he played Clemson this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8OOY7AHRE

If the Bills decide to implement a read option into the offensive mix, he and Spiller would decimate opposing defenses.

Nassib, IMO, looks small on the field and just doesn't have a good feel for the pocket. He is a pure pocket passer and with a 4.8 - 5.0 dash time (old) he leaves little in the way of versatility. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY
His upside is that he already knows the base offense Hackett and Marrone utilize. But I'm sure the playbook is going to change a bit from college. And if the Bills are rumored to use an offense more like the Saints, then the QB will need to be a bit more nimble on his feet. That doesn't describe Nassib in my opinion.

These are just my opinions based on things I've watched recently.

justasportsfan
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
When NFL coaches inquire about Nassib from his college coach . "he blows" Marrone

jamze132
01-16-2013, 06:13 AM
All depends on the Senior Bowl and the Combine.