• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Understanding the Marrone/Hackett Offense

You may ask what offensive system will Head Coach Doug Marrone and Offensive Coordinator Nate Hackett bring to Buffalo. Will it be the K-Gun, the West Coast, the Run and Shoot, Air Coryell, the Spread Option or the Pistol? The answer is yes. Hackett and Marrone’s offense, much like Sean Peyton’s in New Orleans is a Frankenstein monster of the NFL’s greatest hits. The key to the offense is having an intelligent QB and versatile weapons that can create mismatches.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • mush69
    • Jan 2003

Re: BBD: Understanding the Marrone/Hackett Offense

Whatever it is it will be different. If they really want to seperate themselves from Bills offensive schemes of the past, it won't Suck!
    Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Getting the right QB is the key to whatever they want to do offensively. He needs to be accurate and be able to diagnose hidden blitzes and coverages. A large part to our success will also be the smarts and athleticism of the WRs and RBs. They need to sell the route even on called runs. In today's technologically advanced NFL, teams will pick up on a WRs tendencdy pre and post snap. If the CB or S assigned to that receive can tell by the receivers body language whether its a pass or a run, we're not going to have much success. This is something that Jauron and Gailey could give two shizers about.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
        • Jan 2010

i would bring in alex smith, chase daniel, and draft nassib rd 1...

jmo

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I know that in the NFL, "different" is often a key to success. If you're the only team that is running a particular offensive scheme, then for most of the teams on your schedule in a given season, one week of preparation to deal with your offense is all they get. It's tough to be effective defensively with only one week of exposure to and offensive scheme in the whole season. division opponents have a little more opportunity to understand and counter what your offense is doing, but it still can't be easy. In any case, it sounds like anything but "2 yards and a cloud of dust" and should be very entertaining.

Even though this is going to be a fast tempo offense, it's important not to have a lot of 3 and outs, to sustain drives through several series of downs, even if you don't score every time. That will help your defense from getting worn down too much.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Every offense in the NFL is about the qb and creating mismatches.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
              I know that in the NFL, "different" is often a key to success. If you're the only team that is running a particular offensive scheme, then for most of the teams on your schedule in a given season, one week of preparation to deal with your offense is all they get. It's tough to be effective defensively with only one week of exposure to and offensive scheme in the whole season. division opponents have a little more opportunity to understand and counter what your offense is doing, but it still can't be easy. In any case, it sounds like anything but "2 yards and a cloud of dust" and should be very entertaining.

Even though this is going to be a fast tempo offense, it's important not to have a lot of 3 and outs, to sustain drives through several series of downs, even if you don't score every time. That will help your defense from getting worn down too much.
              Well, except the Pats* they always seem to have a bye the week before one game against the Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

it's nice to see the coaching staff having multiple options in their playbook. The last few years we had no answer to when teams stack the LOS & medium range and dare our qb to throw deep.

Question is, can Marrone get the players to apply and perform to their potential.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Well, except the Pats* they always seem to have a bye the week before one game against the Bills.
                  Maybe the NFL figured they would benefit the Patriots with two weeks off that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X