PDA

View Full Version : Only three guys I would touch in top 10 at this point

DesertFox24
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
1. Mingo - if we are going to run a hybrid he would be perfect he is stronger at POA than I thought and he would definitely help us defend outside runs

2. Warmack - Have this gut feeling Levitre is going to walk

3. Damonte Moore - I am not a fan of Werner he is a nice player but I do not see elite there

I try and trade up to top of second or bottom of first to get the QB, I would not touch Geno at all in the top 10. Also I just do not think anyone else is worth it to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry my number 4 guy would be Star Loutelli. We need another DT in the event Kyle gets hurt and Troup stays hurt. Plus we are losing Spencer so it makes sense if we are going to run 3 man fronts to get bigger.

Skooby
01-16-2013, 09:55 AM
I think Levitre stays because other teams will not pay $9 M for a guard from the Buffalo Bills that has never even sniffed a pro-bowl or even as an alternate.

better days
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
I have a gut feeling Levitre resigns with the Bills.

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
i think the bills keep livitre and byrd, but our biggest team needs are QB, QB, LB, QB, QB, WR, QB, oh yeah and did i mention QB

DynaPaul
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I hope we don't lose Levitre or Byrd. I'd hate to have to see ANOTHER Buffalo Bill doing awesome on some other team because we were too cheap to re-sign them.

DrGraves
01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
I'd say pick BPA. Or track record of picking for need has been less than spectacular and since there are no stone cold locks at QB coming out why not try or chances with a guy like Matt Flynn. Clearly has the arm strength and I'm sure Seattle would be willing to deal at this point.

Bangarang
01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I'd say pick BPA. Or track record of picking for need has been less than spectacular and since there are no stone cold locks at QB coming out why not try or chances with a guy like Matt Flynn. Clearly has the arm strength and I'm sure Seattle would be willing to deal at this point.

So you say don't draft our own QB because there isn't a stone cold lock (as if there ever really are) and instead want us to give up draft picks to draft for Matt Flynn? I'm assuming you think he's a stone cold lock otherwise I don't see the logic.

I'd rather draft a 22 year old unknown to be our guy than trade picks for a 27 year old unknown. The risk is still there.

justasportsfan
01-16-2013, 10:52 AM
is he willing to take a paycut from his current contract? I think he's slated to make 7.5 million this year and 8.2 next year.

RedEyE
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
I think one of the draws for Marrone was the Bills offensive line. I base this solely on the fact that he himself is an ex-lineman and ex-lineman coach and probably sees the potential these guys possess. If so, hopefully this will be enough for Levitre to want to stay after Marrone reaches out and talks to him about the things he plans on accomplishing. But often times things just come down to money. If a good team that has a seemingly decent shot at the post season wants him and is willing to pay for him, well, he's probably going to walk versus staying with the Bills.

coastal
01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
I am in mourning over Jake Matthews decision to return to A&M.

CleveSteve
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I am in mourning over Jake Matthews decision to return to A&M.

At least now you don't have to see the Cardinals take him one pick ahead of you.

coastal
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
At least now you don't have to see the Cardinals take him one pick ahead of you.
I guess that's one way of looking at it... I'm still really bummed about it. Tackles of Glenn and Matthews would have been cool.

The others on my list right now are all seemingly in that 15-30 range...

Tyler Wilson
DeAndre Hopkins
Dion Jordan
Xavier Rhodes

but I have this sneaking suspicion that Dee Milner will end up in a Bills uniform.

sdbillsfan2
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
So you say don't draft our own QB because there isn't a stone cold lock (as if there ever really are) and instead want us to give up draft picks to draft for Matt Flynn? I'm assuming you think he's a stone cold lock otherwise I don't see the logic.

I'd rather draft a 22 year old unknown to be our guy than trade picks for a 27 year old unknown. The risk is still there.

Actually ,they (NFL live) were saying it's quite possible for KC to go after Flynn. A stone lock@ Qb ? NO
Does he have more of a idea of what's going on ? yeah . Not all that bad an idea. JMO At this point Flynn would be an upgrade around here or for the Chiefs.

TigerJ
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
There are 2 QBs I would consider at #8, Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson. I know they are moderate reaches, but not nearly what they would be for KC at #1 overall. If not QB, then I wouldn't mind Keenan Allen at WR, Damontre Moore, or maybe Alec Ogletre. Manti Teo will have to show more speed and quickness at the combine than I think he has to warrant being picked at #8

The Jokeman
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
1. Mingo - if we are going to run a hybrid he would be perfect he is stronger at POA than I thought and he would definitely help us defend outside runs

2. Warmack - Have this gut feeling Levitre is going to walk

3. Damonte Moore - I am not a fan of Werner he is a nice player but I do not see elite there

I try and trade up to top of second or bottom of first to get the QB, I would not touch Geno at all in the top 10. Also I just do not think anyone else is worth it to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry my number 4 guy would be Star Loutelli. We need another DT in the event Kyle gets hurt and Troup stays hurt. Plus we are losing Spencer so it makes sense if we are going to run 3 man fronts to get bigger.

When was a top talent OG was drafted in the top 10? Not recently look at last year where everyone felt DeCastro was the best O-line prospect in the entire draft and where'd he go? Pick#24. If we take an O-lineman it probably one of the LT prospects and then we could shift Glenn to LG.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Seattle already dealt the Bills a QB last year. Besides, Flynn was a backup before and it's no surprise he'll still be a backup. No need to deal him.

Bert102176
01-16-2013, 07:04 PM
i think the bills keep livitre and byrd, but our biggest team needs are QB, QB, LB, QB, QB, WR, QB, oh yeah and did i mention QB

U forgot TE