PDA

View Full Version : Center Ice pricing

gebobs
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/much-nhl-center-ice-gamecenter-live-cost-2013-222800253--nhl.html

Pricing for NHL Center Ice will be $49.99 for the season, if you're ordering from an inDEMAND system. For DirecTV users, it will be $59.96, broken down into four payments of $14.99. A free preview can be seen from opening night on Jan. 19 until Jan. 31.

The NHL announced Monday that GameCenter Live will be $49.99, streamable via your computer and various devices like Playstation 3, XBOX 360, Roku, smartphones and tablets.

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
the only one of those the NHL had control of pricing over was gamecenter... and i think they should have made it much cheaper than that

YankeeInRaleigh
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
This is my first year with Directv...I don't care about the ten extra dollars, I JUST WANT SOME FREAKING HIGH DEF! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:10 AM
on time warner, all the games are in HD :idunno:

YankeeInRaleigh
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
on time warner, all the games are in HD :idunno:

Not in raleigh they werent. There would be a thing in the corner of the screen saying "Presented in big glorious HD!" (not exact wording) while i'm, at the same exact time, watching a clearly SD broadcast. It was ****** frustrating.

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
i guess it depends on the feed they recieve from the teams... i know until a year or two agao, sabres games weren't televised in hd, because they didnt have hd camera's at the f'n center

SkateZilla
01-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Game Center on Xbox 360 hooked to an HDTV or a HTPC hooked to a HDTV is awesome,

Center Ice has LIMITED HD Feeds (and providers like Cox here, dont have any HD Center Ice Channels),

No brainer, GameCenter = Ability to watch, rewind, etc, which center ice has, but Center Ice doesnt allow you to go back and re-watch games :p

don137
01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I had Time Warner last year and none of the Sabres games on MSG were in HD. About half the other games were in HD. I am back with Direct TV where pretty much all games were in HD. I think that is why they are more expensive. Worth the extra charge.

DrGraves
01-16-2013, 11:41 AM
So if I get Gamecenter on xbox can I record the games like I could with a DVR on time warner? Because some of the time I will be working during the games and I like to watch them once I get out and FF thru the intermissions

Skooby
01-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Hmmmm... Comcast or PS3 is the question. I have 3 TV's to watch this on Comcast versus just the one on PS3 but that's the 70" Vizio & is assured a digital feed off my high-speed router. Decisions / decisions.

SkateZilla
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
So if I get Gamecenter on xbox can I record the games like I could with a DVR on time warner? Because some of the time I will be working during the games and I like to watch them once I get out and FF thru the intermissions

You should be able to login, select an inprogress game and choose "Start from beginning". or select a recent game and choose Start from Beginning.

i got till the end of jan to buy mine, which I'll prolly do before hand, as Cox has ZERO HD center ice channels.

But opening night is on NBC so :), ripping out the Digital Antenna. (Cable has issues with NBC sometimes)

OpIv37
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
My parents have trouble with NBC on Cox in Springfield, VA too. They've had the guy out to look at it several times with no luck.

Back on topic, I have a PS3, iPad and Apple TV upstairs so I have plenty of watching options for GameCenter but I need the ability to record and/or start games late. And FF if I start late. Most of the time, I have to much to do to start watching TV at 7 for 2.5 hours or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know about CI HD on Directv?

SkateZilla
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
My parents have trouble with NBC on Cox in Springfield, VA too. They've had the guy out to look at it several times with no luck.

Back on topic, I have a PS3, iPad and Apple TV upstairs so I have plenty of watching options for GameCenter but I need the ability to record and/or start games late. And FF if I start late. Most of the time, I have to much to do to start watching TV at 7 for 2.5 hours or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know about CI HD on Directv?

I have HD -DVRs on both TVs, and Can watch GameCenter on all my PC's.

My Main PC drives 4 displays, so I can load a game on each display if i want to (using multiple windows of Chrome/Firefox open).

Can also watch on Xbox 360, or tablet too. or laptop, or even work PC.

OpIv37
01-16-2013, 08:32 PM
The GameCenter site says that it has full game replays, but it doesn't say if it is every game or how soon they are posted. Does anyone know?

OpIv37
01-17-2013, 10:15 AM
The GameCenter site says that it has full game replays, but it doesn't say if it is every game or how soon they are posted. Does anyone know?

Nothing on this? No one has used Gamecenter?

Mski
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
i would PM skatezilla... he seems to be well versed in it

Typ0
01-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't have cable and could really care less about it. I would love to pay $49 and be able to watch sabres games though I'm going to miss that. Does anyone know if I can get it without having cable? I am in a time warner area and have a direct tv dish on my house as well.

Cleve
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Not in raleigh they werent. There would be a thing in the corner of the screen saying "Presented in big glorious HD!" (not exact wording) while i'm, at the same exact time, watching a clearly SD broadcast. It was ****** frustrating.

Yep - I had Center Ice 2 years ago with Time Warner, and 90% of the games were 480i standard def. I thought it sucked - and it was a LOT more expensive then too. It was ridiculous too, since all the games were clearly being filmed in HD.

YankeeInRaleigh
01-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Yep - I had Center Ice 2 years ago with Time Warner, and 90% of the games were 480i standard def. I thought it sucked - and it was a LOT more expensive then too. It was ridiculous too, since all the games were clearly being filmed in HD.

And you'd even hear the announcer mention multiple time "tonights game presented in glorious High definition from sony blah blah", and i'm squinting trying to make out the numbers on the backs of jerseys, ridiculous.

Typ0
01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I was pretty excited about this Gamecenter Live thing but guess I am in the regional market for MSG broadcasts and can't see the games :(

Skooby
01-19-2013, 07:58 PM
I just went with Comcast for all the TV's, reason to mess around.

Typ0
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I am going with WGR stream I guess and no video...it's sad but way too much $$$ by adding another bill to my household that I don't want. I did the math my best option was directv and it would come out to $12 per game roughly and that assumed good playoff runs. I'm disappointed I won't be able to see the games but it's either this, wasting money or becoming a criminal.

SkateZilla
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I am going with WGR stream I guess and no video...it's sad but way too much $$$ by adding another bill to my household that I don't want. I did the math my best option was directv and it would come out to $12 per game roughly and that assumed good playoff runs. I'm disappointed I won't be able to see the games but it's either this, wasting money or becoming a criminal.

Im still looking at a THE GAME WILL BEGIN SOON screen.....

lol

if i wanted too, i could hook my Xbox 360 to my PC and re-broadcast the stream in 720p, but Im not gonna do it.

Typ0
01-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Oh I am sure I could see it if I were to defraud them...but I am trying to be good in my old age and not rationalize bad behaviors.

SkateZilla
01-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh I am sure I could see it if I were to defraud them...but I am trying to be good in my old age and not rationalize bad behaviors.

half of the 1st period i was constantly getting the Buffer Circle on my Xbox..

Typ0
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Do you have it on wireless? Plug in man!

SkateZilla
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
It's on a Wired 1000MBit (GBit) Lan Connection.

it was constantly Buffering the Buffalo game, it was getting extremely frustrating. Having to switch back and forth between home and away, and Center Ice on the DVR.

the first half of the 1st, then it straightened itself out, then was fine for most of the 2nd, and pretty much the entire 3rd was constant screen freezes w/ audio still going and buffering.

modem and router both reported no packets lost.

BigZ
01-22-2013, 12:25 PM

They figure out where you are via your IP address - what they told me so if you're away from MSG area you should be able to get it. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to sign up using a Roku or with Brighthouse in Tampa. Last nights game was only in SD with a tech coming tomorrow to see if I can get HD.

Typ0
01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
They figure out where you are via your IP address - what they told me so if you're away from MSG area you should be able to get it. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to sign up using a Roku or with Brighthouse in Tampa. Last nights game was only in SD with a tech coming tomorrow to see if I can get HD.

yeah that's what their website says ... so all you would need to do is load it through a proxy of some kind and you should be able to see the game.

I am in a regional coverage area because MSG2 is on my local cable systems. So basically the government is saying I have to purchase cable or satellite cable to see the games even though there is another marketing channel. *****s!

gebobs
01-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Has anyone gotten GameCenter Live? I was thinking about getting it for my iPad, but I'm afraid the connection I have when I'm out of town won't be strong enough for the live feeds.

SkateZilla
01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
so far 1 game out of 4 i've tried to watch was decent,

the rest had buffering and signal drop outs on both Xbox and PC.

Typ0
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
what kind of connection do you have from the isp?

SkateZilla
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
what kind of connection do you have from the isp?

I was able to get it stable on my PC by Changing it from "Best" to "3000Kbit" Basically Forcing the best possible connection.

I dont think my Xbox App has that option, i'll have to check. if not I just run a HDMI from the PC to the HDTV like i did before.

GameCenterLive > Center Ice.

Option to Watch Home/Away Feed for EVERY Game, unlike Center Ice here, where it only gives me that option half the time.

Everything is in HD.

Streaming HD With GameCenter Live + Post Processing from GPU to Filter and Sharpen = Clearer than Normal HD through Cable/Satellite.

On Busy Nights, I Can Have 4 Games Per Window, and I can open Multiple Windows (Ie, I Run WIndows with 3 Screens, I can Open Google Chrome Windows for Each Screen, and put 4 Feed Mosiac View on all 3 screens for a Total of 4 Games, Then just click on one to watch or enable sound for.

It'd be nice if they Didnt cut the feed at allow us to see post game interviews....