PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin looking for #2, #3 Cornerback $$

YardRat
01-16-2013, 04:23 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/leodis-mckelvin-intends-to-sign-a-cornerback-contract.html

"I should be looked at as a No. 2 or at worst a No. 3," McKelvin said. "I still strongly believe that I can play in this league, that I can be a starter. I know I'm a starter."

jimmifli
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM
We'll he is the second best CB on at least one roster.

trapezeus
01-16-2013, 04:29 PM
didn't he sign as a number 11 pick before the CBA sorted our rookie contracts?

additionally, you have to value him a little higher on his PR skills. he is a playmaker there. it'd be nice to keep him for slot coverage and kicks. but we already have a number 3 in a. williams (i know, how sad). So perhaps we have to let him go and find another stupid freakin' db.

K-Gun
01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
didn't he sign as a number 11 pick before the CBA sorted our rookie contracts?

additionally, you have to value him a little higher on his PR skills. he is a playmaker there. it'd be nice to keep him for slot coverage and kicks. but we already have a number 3 in a. williams (i know, how sad). So perhaps we have to let him go and find another stupid freakin' db.

I love being able to say this:

Let Pettine be the judge of how good McKelvin can be. We'll see what our new DC thinks by the contract he gets (or doesn't.)

The Jokeman
01-16-2013, 05:00 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/leodis-mckelvin-intends-to-sign-a-cornerback-contract.html

"I should be looked at as a No. 2 or at worst a No. 3," McKelvin said. "I still strongly believe that I can play in this league, that I can be a starter. I know I'm a starter."

Bye Leodis, it was nice having you in Buffalo.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
he will be back. just by him saying this tells me buffalo has leverage.

" he sure is dumb, but he sure is fast" - forrest gump....

Novacane
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Bye Leodis, it was nice having you in Buffalo.

No it wasn't

Don't Panic
01-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Let him compete for the nickel spot and return punts for pay equal to such duties. One less thing...

EDS
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's just draft another corner! I am sure having ALL inexperienced corners will work out brilliantly.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
we pick 8... thats about right for another bust corner

coastal
01-16-2013, 08:39 PM
There's two MUST signs... Levitre and Byrd.

There's one that's pretty damn close to being a MUST sign.

thats Leodis.

Oaf
01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
His quote wasn't taken in context of what he thinks he deserves in a contract. I have no problem with him having confidence, especially when he's not all like, "I can still be a top 5 CB in this league," etc

A decent #3 is what he is.

kishoph
01-17-2013, 04:01 AM
The worst part of McKelvin's game has been the ability to play the ball and he looked better when he was forced into action last season. I think with Pettine running the defense, there's going to be a lot of press coverage and with what we have on the roster now, McKelvin is probably one of the best options, other than Gilmore. Of course you have to look at what he brings to the return game also. I hope that they can get him resigned.

X-Era
01-17-2013, 05:22 AM
He is a #3 CB. Pay him #3 CB money... That's maybe 2 to 3 mill per depending on where we want to use him at CB going forward.

Hell, he's way better than Brad Smith at returning and plays a more significant role on his non-ST's duties.

I want to add a vet CB regardless. Personally I'd like to add DRC. If McKelvin leaves we need two.

Extremebillsfan247
01-17-2013, 05:34 AM
If McKelvin hits the free agent market, his chances of coming back here are very slim. He, in all likely hood will be lured away by a better contract like Posluszny was. I'm not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me at all if it did happen.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-17-2013, 06:27 AM
if we draft a another cb, im going to puke...

i mean, jesus christ!

The King
01-17-2013, 07:05 AM
McKelvin actually looked much better this year his core value is on ST but if he can come in and spell and injury and be consistent we need to keep him. You can't create holes when rebuilding.

coastal
01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
if we draft a another cb, im going to puke...

i mean, jesus christ!
I think Bills fans better get used to the idea that there's a really good possibility that if Detroit and Cleveland pass, Dee Milner will be a Buffalo Bill.

The Jokeman
01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
McKelvin actually looked much better this year his core value is on ST but if he can come in and spell and injury and be consistent we need to keep him. You can't create holes when rebuilding.

Depth CBs are a dime a dozen, yes McKelvin is a great ST contributor but is it worth paying him #2 CB money? I say no hence my wishing him well on his way out.

The King
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Depth CBs are a dime a dozen, yes McKelvin is a great ST contributor but is it worth paying him #2 CB money? I say no hence my wishing him well on his way out.

I think with his ST abilities you can give him 2 years 6-7 mill

Jeff1220
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see him back. He has talent at CB for sure. I think there's still possibility of improvement. His explosiveness on ST only adds to that. It doesn't sound like he's going to be asking an unreasonable price, so why not bring him back.

Night Train
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Thank you.

and goodbye.

trapezeus
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Leodis had a couple games this year (SF, called back and Miami) where he was the only guy scoring a TD. There might have been another game.

But for a team that maybe expects the growing pains to continue on defense, you might want to keep him to keep points up on the board.

if the bills think they can turn the offense (with a new QB) and the defense around (with a few tweaks here and there), then so be it.

but if i was running the team, i think his claim of being a number 2 or 3 isn't absurd and i'd tell him, we already paid him number 1 money on the old CBA rates. then you try to bridge the middle ground to get to a solution. he bridges us to a draft next year where a DB may be needed and won't be seen as picking something while avoiding the obvious.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
good bye McKelvin. and take all of your McLovin jerkoff fans with you.... :bigwave: