PDA

View Full Version : Could Tarvaris Jackson become our starting QB?

Skooby
01-17-2013, 11:49 PM
SEC QB with NFL experience, we already paid for him with a draft pick so why not use him?

ServoBillieves
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM
He could.

Problem is he'd have to dress for a practice, but he'd be deactivated. Tough luck.

Bangarang
01-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Can we start setting our standards higher than mediocre to average at best?

Skooby
01-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Can we start setting our standards higher than mediocre to average at best?

Does that equal .500 ball?

Crisis
01-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Well it'd obviously take another year to groom him so he could learn a new offense again.

Night Train
01-18-2013, 05:25 AM
He's a UFA but he looks like a possibility for an uptempo K-gun/spread, unlike Fitz.

1 year deal. That's all anyone would offer him anyhow. Still find a Vet in FA and draft another QB in April. Cut Fitz.

RedEyE
01-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Beat out by Flynn, who was beat out by Wilson. I think he has some upside but probably wouldn't be anyomre than a decent back-up. Gailey screwed us on this one. TJ shoud have been taking snaps the end of the season just for better evaluation if nothing else. I'd hnestly be suprised if agreed to sign here another year after being on the Bills inactive list all season.

GingerP
01-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Two organizations have asked that same question and answered no. Doubt the 3rd time's a charm.

TigerJ
01-18-2013, 06:34 AM
I never say "never," but it's a loong shot. First, I think he's a free agent, I think, and being a little disgruntled because he never got activated the Bills would have to convince him he's got a legit shot or he won't re-sign. Second, the Bills can't count on him, so the Bills need to follow through with whatever plans they have to try and acquire a decent starting quality QB at least, and hopefully a lot better than decent. Since it is a brand new coaching staff and offensive system, andy QBs they have will start out with the same opportunity, so Tarvaris Jackson would have to beat out whatever competition there is.

Don't Panic
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
I still can't believe he didn't suit up one time this year... that one will have me baffled to the end of time. Even if he isn't a savior, he might have been worth giving a look in the multiple games when Fitz was less than stellar.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
If ever there was an appropriate time to shoot the messenger.

Saratoga Slim
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I think there's a reason he never suited up.

As of now, with a new offense and the fact that he's an FA - he's in the same pot of available candidates as Alex Smith and others. I haven't seen this guy do anything that makes me want him back.

And I don't blame Gailey at all for not starting him. There's a reason he was available and willing to come to B-Lo.

Ginger Vitis
01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
SEC QB

Tarvaris played 2 seasons at Arkansas and threw 48 passes in total and then transferred to Alabama State..Not sure I would call him a SEC QB

The Toe Show
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
He's very good in Madden. Fast and a really strong arm.

There isn't a lot we can do this year to overhaul the QB position. The free agent market is no good. The draft isn't compelling (yet).

Maybe the answer is Tarvaris, or some other unknown entity.

Don't count on feeling good about our QB situation in the off-season.

Skooby
01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
He's very good in Madden. Fast and a really strong arm.

There isn't a lot we can do this year to overhaul the QB position. The free agent market is no good. The draft isn't compelling (yet).

Maybe the answer is Tarvaris, or some other unknown entity.

Don't count on feeling good about our QB situation in the off-season.

This was pretty much how I felt as well, it's just not looking like a good year to draft a QB.

trapezeus
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
I wanted TJ to play last year, just so we didn't have to have this debate now. have him play by deactivating thigpen and putting him on the waiver wire. Then put him in one of the last 6 games when fitz just wasn't getting anything done.

if he failed, then we knew, "we need qb's in a hurry. and TJ can not be brought back" and at best, he would have seen servicable and would have been a nice back up option.

now we have such a deficiency at qb. tj could be brought back, but no one knows what we are getting. and fitz is gone and thigpen is gone. there are few FA QB and there are no can't miss qb's. So tj may come back simply because the new staff doesn't know and there aren't options. and he may just as unreliable as fitz but we'll have to see by example

JoeMama
01-18-2013, 02:04 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/NO-1.gif

Mr. Pink
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
If you were TJax would you stay here?

You were traded for just to sit on the sidelines, hold a clipboard and basically be the scout team QB.

Why would you want to sign a contract here?

Serious question.

Skooby
01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
If you were TJax would you stay here?

You were traded for just to sit on the sidelines, hold a clipboard and basically be the scout team QB.

Why would you want to sign a contract here?

Serious question.

Did his check clear? New coach, new chance.

Extremebillsfan247
01-18-2013, 10:51 PM
The Bills probably wont bring him back. He was nothing more than a short term insurance policy in case something serious happened to Fitzpatrick injury wise during the 2012 season. But that's all over now that Gailey is done and Marrone has taken over. He will be searching for his future QB. He's going to want a young QB that Hackett can work with. They won't want a veteran that's going to question his younger than usual OC. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Just an update on Tarvaris Jackson; He could be a Jet next season. There is a rumor that the Jets may pursue him once free agency opens. Since it's just a rumor at this point, I didn't feel it needed its own thread, so I decided to just throw it in here.