X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Andre Reed mad that Bills didn't hire him as receiver's coach

Giving credit where credit is due, I found a link to this article at www.buffalorumblings.com. Andre Reed says he made it known to the Bills that he was interested in interviewing for the receivers coach position and the Bills never acknowledged him. Now, I'm not convinced that Doug Marrone hired the most highly qualified coaching staff in the league, but Ike Hilliard is not the least qualified member of the staff by any means. Andre Reed has no coaching experience beyond a little volunteer work. He's never done any college work and nothing in the pros, not even a coaching internship. Andre, you were a great player, but this sense of entitlement you're wearing around your neck isn't going to get you anywhere. Go out and get a college coaching job, divison 3 if you need to, and work your way up. BTW, that's something you should have started about 15 years ago.

I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Andre Reed mad that Bills didn't hire him as receiver's coach

I agree with you.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Andre Reed likes to play the victim. Always has.

He really doesn't need the negative publicity present time if he wants to get into the HOF. The list of finalist was already going to make it difficult for him.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
        Giving credit where credit is due, I found a link to this article at www.buffalorumblings.com. Andre Reed says he made it known to the Bills that he was interested in interviewing for the receivers coach position and the Bills never acknowledged him. Now, I'm not convinced that Doug Marrone hired the most highly qualified coaching staff in the league, but Ike Hilliard is not the least qualified member of the staff by any means. Andre Reed has no coaching experience beyond a little volunteer work. He's never done any college work and nothing in the pros, not even a coaching internship. Andre, you were a great player, but this sense of entitlement you're wearing around your neck isn't going to get you anywhere. Go out and get a college coaching job, divison 3 if you need to, and work your way up. BTW, that's something you should have started about 15 years ago.

http://www.bombasticview.com/2013/01...hing-position/
        he was still playing 15 years ago.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Maybe Jim and Thurman and the new ownership group can help his cause...

unless of course the reality is that drunk ex-players who once had the spotlight historically struggle to find a direction and focus post football!

that can't be the case... can it?

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

I would be concerned with Andre Reed the coach. Way too much ego there to be effective as a position coach IMO. There's a reason most of the great players don't transition into coaching gigs... hard to match the level of competition and adulation they had when they still wore pads.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Seems like many of coaches work their way into the coaching ranks as either a position coach in college or an assistant to a position coach in the pro ranks and not just as a position coach in the pro ranks. I love Andre and he will always be one of my favorite Bills player but he needs to get his feet wet before he jumps in.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Whats next Thurman complaining he wasnt called upon to be the equipment manager.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Whats next Thurman complaining he wasnt called upon to be the equipment manager.
                  That's funny, nobody would have a helmet.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Andre sat up near me in the club seats a few times. Polite isn't his forte. His ego is quite healthy.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

What does he do for a job now?

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

he's a douche bag.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Bruce Smith for club bartender.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            he's a douche bag.
                            Sweet! What does that pay?

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

To be fair, Andre Reed has been continually snubbed by the Bills and the NFL.

When the Bills cut Reed after the 1999 season, he didn't get so much as a phone call. He found out the same way the fans did. The news. After all he gave this franchise, that's obviously a slap in the face.

The NFL HOF passes him up every year despite the fact he was the #2 all time reception leader when he retired.

Now the Bills don't even give him the courtesy of an interview.

Something tells me that a guy like Reed has more knowledge of the WR position than Ike Hilliard. Not that I think Hilliard is a bad hire, it seems ok. But come on, at least acknowledge Reed.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X