PDA

View Full Version : X's 2013 NFL Draft Mock Draft V1.0

X-Era
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Here's my first look. It's still early and this is just what I see at this point as being a possibility:

1) Cordarelle Patterson- WR- Tenn
2) Ryan Nassib- QB- Syr
3) Kasheem Greene- OLB- Rut
4) Jon Bostic- ILB- Fla
5) Zac Dysert- QB- Miami (OH)
6) Brandon McGee- CB- Mia
7) Knile Davis- RB- Ark

Or this for the Nassib at 8 crowd:

1) Nassib
2) Robert Woods- WR- USC
3) Kasheem Greene
4) Jon Bostic
5) Zac Dysert
6) Brandon McGee
7) Knile Davis

YardRat
01-18-2013, 07:11 PM
A good buddy of mine agrees with you on Patterson...he's all over that pick. I don't see Nassib lasting until the second personally, but I would rather take him there than at 8.

X-Era
01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
A good buddy of mine agrees with you on Patterson...he's all over that pick. I don't see Nassib lasting until the second personally, but I would rather take him there than at 8.
It will be real interesting to see what happens with the QB's on draft day.

I could see teams taking them high but just as easily I can see teams going more on their overall rankings and letting them drop.

Nassib is at best the 3rd best QB to me and could be the 4th behind Glennon or Wilson. So if Smith and Barkley drop to mid to low 1st I can see Nassib fitting in around our 2nd rounder.

A move up to late 1 or down to late 1 also seems to make sense for him. Moving down could land us Nassib and another 2nd which could be used on Robert Woods for example... Such as:

1) Trade down- Nassib
2-1) Woods
2-2) Maybe Justin Pugh... Or LB like Reddick or Brown

Skooby
01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Nassib isn't a early first rounder & I'll be PO'd if we draft him that high. If we like him, fall back & pick up an extra 3rd (& 6th) rounder, then take Nassib.

Bangarang
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Nassib isn't a early first rounder & I'll be PO'd if we draft him that high. If we like him, fall back & pick up an extra 3rd (& 6th) rounder, then take Nassib.

The problem with this draft is that the talent isn't there to justify teams trading up. The talent drop off from the 8th and 20th pick isn't that big this year.

But then again, GMs are complete idiots that it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

mightysimi
01-18-2013, 08:36 PM
After us, who needs a QB? I think whatever gets past us, will be there in the second round barring someone trading back into the first.

mightysimi
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
well maybe the Jets

Mr. Magoo
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
I would not be upset with that Mock.

Extremebillsfan247
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Here's my first look. It's still early and this is just what I see at this point as being a possibility: 1) Cordarelle Patterson- WR- Tenn 2) Ryan Nassib- QB- Syr 3) Kasheem Greene- OLB- Rut 4) Jon Bostic- ILB- Fla 5) Zac Dysert- QB- Miami (OH) 6) Brandon McGee- CB- Mia 7) Knile Davis- RB- Ark Or this for the Nassib at 8 crowd: 1) Nassib 2) Robert Woods- WR- USC 3) Kasheem Greene 4) Jon Bostic 5) Zac Dysert 6) Brandon McGee 7) Knile Davis Top one looks about right to me, but drafting 2 QBs? I think if the Bills got Nassib, that would be their man going forward. That would be especially true if your second mock option were to happen. Drafting him 8th overall would mean the Bills think he's franchise QB material. This isn't the Redskins, it's the Bills we are talking about here. <- that in part is meant as a joke, but I really don't see it happening. Also, didn't the Bills trade away their 7th pick to move up in last years draft for Graham? Just trying to clarify.

SquishDaFish
01-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Love mock 1 wouldnt mind mock 2. Love the idea of getting Dysert later in the draft also.

Skooby
01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
The problem with this draft is that the talent isn't there to justify teams trading up. The talent drop off from the 8th and 20th pick isn't that big this year.

But then again, GMs are complete idiots that it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

That's true too, so we're F-Ed.

clumping platelets
01-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Too difficult to mock until after we see the outcome of FA.............Bills could, hypothetically, sign WR Jennings and lose G Levitre........that puts Warmack on the Bills radar at #8

I'd likely prefer that outcome

Trade up to get Nassib.........use #8 and get BPA at area of need but do not reach

X-Era
01-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Too difficult to mock until after we see the outcome of FA.............Bills could, hypothetically, sign WR Jennings and lose G Levitre........that puts Warmack on the Bills radar at #8

I'd likely prefer that outcome

Trade up to get Nassib.........use #8 and get BPA at area of need but do not reach
Absolutely true.

Losing Byrd could change things too. Or signing a quality starting LB'er or two.

The move back into the 1st for Nassib may cost a 2nd and 3rd. Depending on what we've done in FA to that point I might not be adverse to it.

mush69
01-19-2013, 07:00 AM
After us, who needs a QB? I think whatever gets past us, will be there in the second round barring someone trading back into the first.

Philly

tampabay25690
01-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Absolutely true.

Losing Byrd could change things too. Or signing a quality starting LB'er or two.

The move back into the 1st for Nassib may cost a 2nd and 3rd. Depending on what we've done in FA to that point I might not be adverse to it.

If we lose Byrd dont be surprised to see Aaron Williams put at Safety with Searcy.
I really hope we keep Byrd and Levitre though to solid pcs on this team.

X-Era
01-19-2013, 08:01 AM
If we lose Byrd dont be surprised to see Aaron Williams put at Safety with Searcy.
I really hope we keep Byrd and Levitre though to solid pcs on this team.I wont be at all. Many felt he was a FS more than a CB when he came out.

Buddo
01-19-2013, 08:33 AM
While I do believe generally, that we need another WR opposite Stevie, I'm a lot less inclined to take one early this draft.
Somewhere we need a new QB, FA or draft - probably both. Said new QB, could quite easily make our current WRs look a lot better, especially Graham, and we will get Nelson back to help as well.
Personally, I believe we would be better off using the #8 pick elsewhere, even to the extent of another top quality CB, if that's what Pettine's D will need.
FWIW, I really don't buy the 'no QBs worth a top 10 pick' line in this draft, and tbh, even if there aren't, I can still see a couple going early, as there are teams who aren't 'set' with their recent choices, who could well decide to take another one high, and let a competition play out. I see this happening more frequently now, with the rookie wage scale allowing teams much more latitude than previously.

tampabay25690
01-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I wont be at all. Many felt he was a FS more than a CB when he came out.

Wouldnt mind if we put WIlliams at S, and drafted Dee Milliner.
Would give us a nice young secondary and another lockdown CB to go along with Gilmore.

But then again we need LB'S, QB, WR, etc....And possibly a Guard.

Lone Stranger
01-19-2013, 10:25 AM
I am not as knowledgeable as many on board here but didn't we give up the 7th for Tavaris.

kingJofNYC
01-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Dysert isnt going in the 5th, Day 2 pick.

X-Era
01-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Dysert isnt going in the 5th, Day 2 pick.
I'll bet you the 15K ZB's you have that he goes after day two. Wanna make that wager?

kingJofNYC
01-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I'll bet you the 15K ZB's you have that he goes after day two. Wanna make that wager?

Sure, why not.

TigerJ
01-19-2013, 12:56 PM
After us, who needs a QB? I think whatever gets past us, will be there in the second round barring someone trading back into the first.We don't know that teams ahead of the Bills will draft a QB. Some pundits don't see a QB going in the first round. If that happens, there will be a run on QBs at the top of the second.