PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick stiffs CBS after the game, Sharpe rips him for being poor loser

BLeonard
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bill-belichick-stiffs-cbs-game-shannon-sharpe-rips-034609666--nfl.html

New England coach Bill Belichick doesn't handle losing all too well, and he blew off CBS' customary postgame interview with the coach of the losing team after the AFC championship game.

CBS analyst Shannon Sharpe wasn't impressed and called him out for it with some harsh comments.

"There's something to be said about being gracious in defeat," Sharpe said on CBS' postgame show. "We've seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious [in the AFC championship game). We've seen the opposing coaches who lost come out and talk to our Steve Tasker. Coach [Bill] Cowher did it when they lost to them, we saw this last week.

"Bill Belichick makes it real easy for you to root against the Patriots. You can't be a poor sport all the time. You're not going to win all the time, and he does this every time he loses. It's unacceptable."

Don't players get fined if they refuse to talk to the media after the games? Why has Belichick never been penalized? As the article says, this isn't the first time he's pulled this type of ****.

-Bill

Skooby
01-21-2013, 01:22 AM
F-him & the horse he rode in on, he's a complete putz.

jills
01-21-2013, 01:59 AM
C'mon Beli****, smile for the camera (pun intended)

OpIv37
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Does this really surprise anyone? Bellicheck always acts like a douche.

black N yellow
01-21-2013, 08:57 AM
maybe he was crying like Brady and didn't want to be seen.

Bangarang
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Billichick is such a boss.

The media getting butthurt about this even though BB is so terrible in post game interviews and historically gives 2 word answers makes this even funnier. Who cares really?

trapezeus
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
true, this is par for the course for him. but this is exactly what's wrong with top level leaders these days.
They are willing to get paid and take the accolades when the going is good and they hide when they screw up.

if he's really just a odd guy who doesn't like the limelight, then don't do the letterman's and other puff interviews when you win superbowls.

I hope this guy gets what he deserves. which is that the truth comes out and that he was nothing but a hustler in hopes to get our from under parcell's shadow and that it squarely puts him behind parcells forever.

Albany,n.y.
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
He doesn't have to do a network interview, neither did SF coach & NFC Champion Jim Harbaugh.
They both did their post game press conferences in compliance with league rules, so there really isn't anything here other than a few fans and a network analyst who are making a big deal out of nothing.

Pinkerton Security
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Shannon Sharpe just likes to flap his sizeable gums. I dont see this as a big deal, just Belichick's normal response to losing.

Bangarang
01-21-2013, 11:07 AM
As a Bill's fan, I don't like the Patriots. Even being born and raised in the Boston area, I've never liked the Patriots.

However, I think it's a joke that majority of Bills fans look to hate on BB, Brady and the Pats organization as a whole for every little thing. Their success has us envious so to cope we just make fun of them. Meanwhile they could care less because of their utter dominance the past decade.

jimmifli
01-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Shannon Sharpe just likes to flap his sizeable gums. I dont see this as a big deal, just Belichick's normal response to losing.

His weekly fight with the English language is always a spectacle.

cookie G
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
As a Bill's fan, I don't like the Patriots. Even being born and raised in the Boston area, I've never liked the Patriots.

However, I think it's a joke that majority of Bills fans look to hate on BB, Brady and the Pats organization as a whole for every little thing. Their success has us envious so to cope we just make fun of them. Meanwhile they could care less because of their utter dominance the past decade.

It isn't just Bills fans being envious any more. T. Suggs and Shannon Sharpe's comments said aloud what many around the country thought for a long time.

When the T. Suggs article came out last night, I read it on Yahoo. As I was scrolling down the comments, almost all were vicious in their dislike of the Pats. And no one was defending them.

The Jokeman
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
It isn't just Bills fans being envious any more. T. Suggs and Shannon Sharpe's comments said aloud what many around the country thought for a long time.

When the T. Suggs article came out last night, I read it on Yahoo. As I was scrolling down the comments, almost all were vicious in their dislike of the Pats. And no one was defending them.

To quote an often used phrase in football "Winning is the best deodorant". Now that the Patriots are losers people start to speak up.

TigerJ
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
It's no secret that Bill Bellichick is not very gracious in defeat. It's one of the things that makes him among the least likeable coaches in the NFL.. He can coach though.

better days
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Billichick is such a boss.

The media getting butthurt about this even though BB is so terrible in post game interviews and historically gives 2 word answers makes this even funnier. Who cares really?

Everyone knows Belicheat would have said the same two or three words he always does. The point is he showed the same poor sportsmanship he always does & should be fined by the NFL for it.

bluerosekiller
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
No one in that organization seems to respond to their losses very well. I actually had a great time watching as Brady sulked on the bench with his lips pursed like a disappointed, spoiled child as the clock ticked down toward the two minute warning. Now, THAT to me was heartwarming television. Petty on my point? Certainly. But good times nevertheless.

Novacane
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I hate Tom Brady but he made BB. BB was just another bum till Brady came along. He was a loser before he got Brady. He will be a loser again when Brady retires.

YardRat
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
**** him. Neither he or Kraft should still be in the league anyway, they both should've been booted after SpyGate.