PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Bowl

more cowbell
01-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey all...thought this was interesting. I went to the collegiate bowl on Saturday (the poor mans East/West Bowl) and one player who really stood out was Syracuse DT Deon Groggins. He looks like he could end up being a solid 3-4 Defensive End. Does anyone know more about this guy (any new Cuse/Marrone fans on this board)

TigerJ
01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
I just googled him. I didn't get much, he's undersized at 6'1" to 6'2" and 270-280 depending on who's reporting the data. I would guess he'll be an undrafted free agent. Frank Clooney's NFL Draft Scout estimates his 40 time at a decent 4.86.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107814&draftyear=2013&genpos=DT

CleveSteve
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
The DT i really liked out of that game was Byron Jerideau out of South Carolina. That guy was a load. Showed the ability to push the OG or C back into the QB and showed a nice arm-over move as well.

RB Stephens from TxTech was really fast and decisive.

LB Josh Francis from WVU closed with great speed but I'm worried he'd be too small to play LB in the pros. He could at least cover kickoffs really well I bet.

S Orhian Johnson from Ohio State and LB Bruce Taylor from VT made a couple nice plays as well. Definitely didn't have any mega sleepers like Devin Taylor in the Shrine Game, though.

CleveSteve
01-23-2013, 08:31 AM
One other guy that is intriguing to me is big WR Xavier Boyce from Norfolk State. He didn't get targeted much, but the one throw he got in practice on a skinny post was caught in that way that looks like it doesn't make a sound, like there was zero chance it would be dropped. Then he did the same thing in the game on a short crossing route in the end zone. Will he get drafted? I don't know, but i love the way he catches the ball.