PDA

View Full Version : Ravens defensive lineman says he discovered Tom Brady's flaw

imbondz
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/01/21/ravens-pernell-mcphee-say-patriots-tom-brady-has-flaw/1851011/

Interesting. That and if you hit Brady and Welker hard, they crumble. Welker dropped a bunch of a catchable balls last night. All because he thought he was going to get hit hard because he was hit hard all night. To beat the Patriots, you can't do it w/ finesse, you have to hit them hard and get to Brady. He falls apart, it's the only reason we beat them a year ago.

Ingtar33
01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
funny that, Brady doesn't like being hit. wonder why the nfl let that happen yesterday? for the better part of a decade the league has been throwing flags whenever anyone lays a hand on Marsha.

Night Train
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
And all along I thought his weakness was blond freshman named Seth...

Crisis
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Bernard Pollard is New England' kryptonite.

imbondz
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
that tipped ball that got INT was the game. so, if it's true that Brady throws lower than normal, that's a huge find, just can't believe it's never been mentioned before, at least i've never heard that.

Tiburon1724
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Well no crap. How many of his passes have we batted the last couple times we played them? It's pretty obvious but the NFL geniuses couldn't figure it out until now?? Get your hands in the air and hit him and you beat him.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2013, 08:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Let's send a first to Baltimore and get his ass over here.

Typ0
01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I picked Baltimore to win because they were tough and physical ... and bigger than that they never buy into any of that NE myth whatsoever. NE is a good team but they get a lot of wins because they outright intimidate the other team before the game even starts. It's like a gift they get ... but the Ravens proved to me last week they were going to come with all they got. I honestly thought they were either used up in the wildcard round or we going all the way. NE is smart but beatable. And anyone that doesn't think so just buys into the myth. They really have good leadership it's structured properly and people are doing their jobs. Belickek got it working and then new guys can be fit into the system and the culture and structure keeps it working. I hope our new staff is up to the task because this could be a fun ride in the next few years....

Mr. Miyagi
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
So true.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Let's send a first to Baltimore and get his ass over here.

Only if we were going to draft a DB with the first anyways. However, I would mind sending a 3rd or a 4th for him.

Mr. Miyagi
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Brady's other flaw is sometimes his tampon string is hanging out.

Tatonka
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
i think people have known for a while, since the giants first superbowl win against brady, that if you knock his dick in the dirt, he doesnt play well. but honestly what qb plays good if you hit him a lot??

also, welker has been dropping passes all season.. i had him in fantasy and i watched it.. he is on the downside of his career.. i read speculation today that the pats would go after danny ammendola, who is a close that will come cheaper.

BertSquirtgum
01-21-2013, 11:55 PM
The NFL wanted a Har-bowl so they decided to let the referees call the game fair.

jamze132
01-22-2013, 05:18 AM
I picked Baltimore to win because they were tough and physical ... and bigger than that they never buy into any of that NE myth whatsoever. NE is a good team but they get a lot of wins because they outright intimidate the other team before the game even starts. It's like a gift they get ... but the Ravens proved to me last week they were going to come with all they got. I honestly thought they were either used up in the wildcard round or we going all the way. NE is smart but beatable. And anyone that doesn't think so just buys into the myth. They really have good leadership it's structured properly and people are doing their jobs. Belickek got it working and then new guys can be fit into the system and the culture and structure keeps it working. I hope our new staff is up to the task because this could be a fun ride in the next few years....

Or a roller coaster that comes off the track...

Yasgur's Farm
01-22-2013, 06:09 AM
i think people have known for a while, since the giants first superbowl win against brady, that if you knock his dick in the dirt, he doesnt play well. but honestly what qb plays good if you hit him a lot??

also, welker has been dropping passes all season.. i had him in fantasy and i watched it.. he is on the downside of his career.. i read speculation today that the pats would go after danny ammendola, who is a close that will come cheaper.But, but, but... He loves his dick in the dirt.

SabreEleven
01-22-2013, 06:14 AM
But, but, but... He loves his dick in the dirt.

No, he loves his dick in Kirt...

its also kryptonite when you don't let the Patriot film your sideline.

bf1
01-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Brady and Belicheck's strength was taken away too. Spy footage of their opponents plays.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
i think people have known for a while, since the giants first superbowl win against brady, that if you knock his dick in the dirt, he doesnt play well.

And yet coaches still drop 7 and 8 on him every down.

but honestly what qb plays good if you hit him a lot?

Big Ben comes to mind. You could hit that guy with a bat on most plays and he'd still throw downfield successfully. I don't know how long he can keep it up though.

mjt328
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Brady and the Pats have a lot of flaws (every player and every team does).

It just amazes me how after 10-15 years of them dominating the league - almost NOBODY plays defensive strategy to exploit those flaws.

It blows me away how week after week, DCs put linebackers and safeties in coverage on Wes Welker. They drop people into deep zones instead of trying to force pressure on the quarterback. They play soft on the receivers instead of getting in their face and physical. They seem completely unprepared for screens and quick passes.

Like someone else said, I think a lot of the Patriots success comes from the intimidation factor they built up during their undefeated regular season. But if defenses came with a sound defensive strategy, New England is more than beatable.

Fixxxer
01-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Brady is also atrocious when he moves to his left and has to square his shoulders.

I always thought that when playing against the Patriots your DEs (OLBs in 3-4) should be greatly involved in the gameplan, not rushing the passer but following Welker when he's put in the slot or in the backfield. This happens because Brady found a mismatch that he will try exploit. When that happens make the DE bump him, throw him off his route and then let him rush the passer or put your hand in the air to clog the passing lane.
Same with Gronk, we always let him sprint freely unimpeded to his post route. We ran our vanilla schemes (with Jauron and Wanny, Edwards at least beat Brady once) and we were greatly exposed, always.

You also have to mix it up with coverages, we played man all year against him and people dispised good players like Barnett and Scott because they couldn't stop Welker or Woodhead in the open field. You throw Brady off of his first read and he will have to hold onto the ball more than he wants to.

DynaPaul
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Brad Pitt has moneyball, Bill Belichick has cameraball...

OpIv37
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't think this is news. We all knew this.

The problem is that
a) the Pats have a good OL so its hard to get to him, and
b) if the DL is getting to him, the refs stop calling holding and start calling personal fouls and
c) if that still doesn't work, you get the "tuck rule"

streetkings01
01-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Pernell McPhee for DC........get it done Marrone!