• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Brady's intent to injure

What what the league do if this situation was reversed?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Brady's intent to injure

Brandon Spikes was overtly out to hurt people during the Bills last game against the Pats.

he got flagged for a hit on Fitz and a few plays later knocked Fred Jackson out.

the NFL **** canned the Saints organization for one whole season even though no player injuries were linked to their so-called bounty program.

Spikes promised to injure people and did.

He got a fine which Kraft probably paid for him via a bonus or something.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Ay-ya!

alisa-flying-sidekick.jpg

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

not sure...looks like the nfl isn't against kicking this year between this and the suh/schaub kick.

but it was dirty and with intent.

as for spikes hitting fred and knocking him out, i guess karma's a b&*#$ when your rb gets knocked out and no one throws the flag in the championship game.

Bernard Pollard should have his bust put in canton now simply based on how many patriots he's injured.

Comment

• Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

Shoe on the other foot, you mean if someone did that to Brady? Well the offender would be banned for life, the team he was with would have all its championships in its history and its wins for the past ten years vacated, the league would also press charges for attempted murder and Goodell would demand the death penalty.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            not sure...looks like the nfl isn't against kicking this year between this and the suh/schaub kick.

but it was dirty and with intent.

as for spikes hitting fred and knocking him out, i guess karma's a b&*#$ when your rb gets knocked out and no one throws the flag in the championship game.

Bernard Pollard should have his bust put in canton now simply based on how many patriots he's injured.

Suh was fined $30,000 for kicking Schaub by the NFL. I doubt they fine Brady.

Comment

• Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Suh was fined $30,000 for kicking Schaub by the NFL. I doubt they fine Brady.
              They will fine Reed for attempting to make contact with Brady before the end of a slide.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

suh's kick a little more serious and was treated as such.

brady's still had the intent to injure...and frankly its sickening that he gets away with it.

The NFL knows its fan base. and they know boston is a large market of baseball fans. the only way to keep them interested is to let these little indiscretions go so they can retain the revenues. and for kraft, he got the max revenue with that home game. he doesn't care.

the only reason that game was called remotely close was becuase the nfl PR machine was ok with the interest and story lines of R. Lewis and Harbowl! If atlanta won, patriots would hvae gotten their standard 3-5 calls in clutch moments to ensure the largest market won again. Did you see Bill Leavy, the Ref who just mangled the Bills Patriots game this season in Foxborough. He looked like he was going to cry every time he had to make a call against the patriots.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

The NFL protected it's baby by calling the other rule the Tuck Rule.

This one is the C-ck block rule. He was protecting it therefore no flags against Brady. NFl's happy.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    the NFL **** canned the Saints organization for one whole season even though no player injuries were linked to their so-called bounty program.
                    I wouldn't say no one was hurt. I'm sure there are others as well... just a quick google search turned these names up first.

Does the NFL have solid proof that the Saints implemented a "bounty" program? Steve Wyche, one of 12 reporters who got a good look at the evidence on Monday, provides his thoughts.

player cited for receiving a "cart-off" reward was safety Roman Harper, who injured New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs

One piece of evidence showed that Saints players had pledged $35,000 to anyone who could knock Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre out of the 2009 NFC Championship Game. Vilma, according to the document, pledged $10,000. Hargrove, on a subtitled video, is seen winking, then telling teammate Bobby McCray to give him his money after Vitt told players it appeared Favre had broken his leg and wouldn't return.
                    The NFL announced an ongoing investigation into the New Orleans Saints for a “bounty program” run by the defensive staff and players. According to the league, during the past three seasons, players contributed to a fund that rewarded not just big plays, but injuries to opposing players. Chicago played New Orleans in week two, and offensive players Earl Bennett and Gabe Carimi were both injured in the loss.

Carimi's injury was a freak dislocation of the knee, so it's unlikely that any bonuses were paid out when the offensive tackle left the game. However, Bennett was knocked out with a painful tackle by Roman Harper. Bennett was hit in the chest by Harper's helmet.
                    According to a report from CBS Sports' Patrick Kirwan players injured by the Saints during Gregg Williams tenure are considering a legal action.

Former NFL MVPs Kurt Warner (was) hurt in a big game against the Saints during that time period. They aren't alone but they are the most high profile injuries.

Warner appeared on the Jim Rome Show... said that... the hit he took against the Saints, a hit that ended his career....
                    Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• CleveSteve
                      • Apr 2011

Hey I hate Bernard Pollard (I know it's Reed Brady went after) as much as anyone outside New England, and I hate the Ravens as much as anyone anywhere, but Brady needs at the very least a fine and probably a 1 game suspension for this. Totally inexcuseable.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

32673-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-snes-screenshot-mileena-blocks-jade.jpg

So anyway, they'd hvae a suspension, but it's Tommy cry-baby who works for Belichick and Uncle Kraft so he'll get a slap on the wrist or a letter from the league saying "He didn't intend to injure, his leg just accidentally went straight at the opponent.

I wish the defender would've grabbed his leg and kept forward momentum. Would actually put the ball in Mallett's hand instead of using his a gimmick on a punt.
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

I don't know. Maybe I'm old school. But if it were my team and I was shelling out billions of dollars and my defensive players aren't trying to rip the heads off opposing offenses, then they aren't really doing their job to the best of their ability. So tired of the nancy pitty-pat PC bull**** the NFL is adopting.

The bounty pool was just about finding a different way to motivate yourself.

Imagine someone trying to counsel Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and Deacon Jones concerning their overachieving, harmful and maiming efforts.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            Ay-ya!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16211[/ATTACH]
                            That's actually Brady without makeup.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• denverboz
                              Pucker up, Buttercup
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by CleveSteve View Post
                              Hey I hate Bernard Pollard (I know it's Reed Brady went after) as much as anyone outside New England, and I hate the RaveShe was asking why he didn't get a penalty, and all I could say wasins as much as anyone anywhere, but Brady needs at the very least a fine and probably a 1 game suspension for this. Totally inexcuseable.
                              Was watching the game on and off with my gf who knows very little about football and even she was like "WTF Is that legal" when we saw it. She was asking why isn't that a penaalty, all I could say say was "It's Tom Brady and the Patriots". But she does know enough to hate Tom Brady! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X