PDA

View Full Version : If I'm nix or brandon...

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
I make getting a qb my number one priority - I address this by signing Chase Daniel (or aggressively pursuing him, and offering him a 50/50 shot at the starting job) and then drafting Nassib with our 2nd pick - even if that means we trade back into the first. I get them the best reciever on the board at #8 so they can have a legitimate duo of solid WRs and try like hell to keep levitre here. Hopefully we have told Levitre that we are doing every thing we can to get the offense going and that this is our plan (bringing in two potential starters and getting them a legitimate 2nd weapon) to try to keep him in Buffalo. Our O line should hopefully not see any drop off seeing as how it should have most of the starters back next season - depending on Levitre's choice. This team WILL NEVER see january football again until it fixes the position behind center - our front office has to stop worrying about losing their jobs and take the risks necessary to get this team back into the playoffs - now is the time we are loaded on both sides of the ball minus a true ILB and a legit #2 WR.

I sincerely believe that Chase Daniel will be the answer and will elevate his game knowing that another qb who is also familiar with the offensive system we will run will be looking over his shoulder (assuming we also draft Nassib). Chase has had 4 years to learn from one of the best qbs in today's game in Drew Brees. PULL THE TRIGGER.

Doing this will allow Marrone and co. to part ways with the previous coaching regime's trash - no more pigpen and no more $#!tsTragic!!!

Who's on board with me?

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
This front office has earned it's self an additional year by pulling off mario.

if they get Daniel and Nassib, along with the best wr on the board at 8, I give them yet another year.

All they can do is go after the players who will most likely make this team better. They did so with Mario (Spiller too), and Dareus, and Nick Barnett - though he has slowed down last season - they are making the right calls now - which is a pleasant surprise over McGahee when we've got a productive Henry, or Whitner while ngata is sitting on the board...

If I hear this front office has made a serious push at daniel, best wr on board @8, and Nassib with pick #2, I will be more than happy to extend my vote of confidence for Nix, Whaley and Brandon giving them yet another year in our FO.

Night Train
01-22-2013, 11:00 AM
I started a thread about Nassib but wish they would solve this prior to the draft by signing a vet or 2. Then if a decent option is still there for future development in Round 2 or 3, consider it. Still, 2 LB's a WR and a CB are big prioroities, in addition to QB. Those positions may have far deeper quality and depth in this draft.

Tavarus Jackson would seem to be a good cheap signing for 1 candidate. Daniel is only 6 feet tall and needs to roll out to create passing lanes, much like Russell Wilson. I have no real problem with that, BTW. I'm sure there are a couple others.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
chase daniel will win our starting job if we get him here. Drew Brees is also only 6 feet tall too - maybe 6'1"... tomato toh-mah-toe

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I also think that we need to make Byrd a priority signing over levitre - guards are easier to replace than a ballhawking safety like Byrd.

The King
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I have never seen anything from Daniel to make me believe he can play, has he ever taken an NFL snap? Brian Hoyer played under Brady for years he's not exactly a Pro Bowl caliber guy sometimes the back-up is just an arm for second team reps.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
he has looked good in limited action - this is by no means me arguing for a rob johnson type... I know Daniel could just as easily fail as RJ. but he's had time under Brees who is arguably the best in the league right now, he knows the system, and the only knock on him is that he's a choker - in college - which I say Bulls#!t to - because Peyton Manning was once regarded as a choker - yet he got his ring. I don't buy the whole choker thing. if you can build a team that can win enough to consistently get a high playoff seed - and create that window of opportunity where your team should be good for like a 5-7 year stretch, that's how you get a superbowl win in today's NFL. And to me, that all starts at qb. they have to be proactive and aggressive as all hell to get someone in here - I don't care if we go into the preseason with 5 on the roster that are all acquired this year.

psubills62
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
What makes Chase Daniel so special?

They certainly need to look for and get a QB (if not more than one). But I have yet to see anyone who I'd consider "the answer." This is why coaching is so important. Whatever QB we get, the coaches will need to run the offense to his strengths.

EDS
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
This front office has earned it's self an additional year by pulling off mario.

if they get Daniel and Nassib, along with the best wr on the board at 8, I give them yet another year.

All they can do is go after the players who will most likely make this team better. They did so with Mario (Spiller too), and Dareus, and Nick Barnett - though he has slowed down last season - they are making the right calls now - which is a pleasant surprise over McGahee when we've got a productive Henry, or Whitner while ngata is sitting on the board...

If I hear this front office has made a serious push at daniel, best wr on board @8, and Nassib with pick #2, I will be more than happy to extend my vote of confidence for Nix, Whaley and Brandon giving them yet another year in our FO.

Don't look now but the Bills had two 1000 yard backs on their roster when they drafted Spiller.

Why is Daniels, a guy with 10 career passes who was undrafted out of college and was available to any team last year for peanuts, considered a legitimate option at QB?

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
familiarity with the offense. familiarity with the offense can cover up weaknesses.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Don't look now but the Bills had two 1000 yard backs on their roster when they drafted Spiller.

Why is Daniels, a guy with 10 career passes who was undrafted out of college and was available to any team last year for peanuts, considered a legitimate option at QB?

yes, I know. I didn't like it at the time, but Spiller is going to be something special if we'd just hand the guy the damn ball. see above post... system familiarity. and many said he was better and smarter than Blaine Gabbert - who was also widely regarded on here two years ago at this time.

EDS
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
familiarity with the offense. familiarity with the offense can cover up weaknesses.

Yes, that did wonders for Fitzpatrick this past season.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Fitzpatrick's problems are his deep ball sucks and he throws too many picks - sometimes right to the defenders... you can't really fix accuracy now can you?

DynaPaul
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Let's cut Fitz to save cash for the vets that we want to keep like Levitre and Byrd. Then bring in 3 new QBs through the draft and free agency and let them battle it out.

ublinkwescore
01-22-2013, 11:41 AM
exactly what I'm saying... one of them should have system familiarity. after we get daniel, we can get a Nassib and another vy type...

ThunderGun
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM

What makes you say that he has familiarity with the offense?

ServoBillieves
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
We need a quarterback? And to keep Byrd and Levitre? News to me.

Bill Cody
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I make getting a qb my number one priority.

Who's on board with me?

Your solution makes no sense to me. There is nothing about Chase Daniel's arm or size that gives me any reason to believe he will ever be an NFL starter. There's a reason he wasn't drafted. He also has almost no actual on field NFL experience, you'd be putting a lot of money on "red" to even mention him as a starting possibility. If he's smart he'll stay in NO as long as they'll let him and make a nice check. That being the case you're hoping the QB you want will be there in the second round. How is that making QB your #1 priority? Answer: it isn't.

I'm not sure there's a single QB in this draft that screams "NFL starter", all of them have some warts. If teams drafted based on ratings you probably would not have a single QB taken in the first round. But that's not the way it works. There's a lot more teams that need QB's than there is talent so you have to overpay. The first pick MUST be a QB. Having said that I'd be very open minded about trading down a bit. I'd also be on the phone with Seattle about Matt Flynn. He actually has played in some games and looks pretty good to me.

Bill Cody
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
exactly what I'm saying... one of them should have system familiarity. after we get daniel, we can get a Nassib and another vy type...

I could care less about "system familiarity". The guy we need will have enough gray cells to master any offense and do it quickly. NFL teams change OC's frequently, you don't draft a QB based on knowledge of an offense you draft a skill set. You sound like you're shopping for auto parts. We need 1 guy, the right guy.

Mouldsie
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I'd like to see us take a run at Alex Smith as well as a QB in the 1st two rounds as well as either a guy like Daniels or another mid round QB. No camp arms either, I'd want the rookie(s) to get as many snaps as possible

We need 3.

kishoph
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't know how easy it will be to get Daniel to leave the Saints, unless you offer him a starters contract and I think they should have learned there lesson by now about giving starters pay to a backup.

EDS
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't know how easy it will be to get Daniel to leave the Saints, unless you offer him a starters contract and I think they should have learned there lesson by now about giving starters pay to a backup.

He is a free agent and his last contract was a one year $1 million contract, so any multi-year offer should get the job done.

TedMock
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Fitzpatrick's problems are his deep ball sucks and he throws too many picks - sometimes right to the defenders... you can't really fix accuracy now can you?

This is partly what scares me about Daniel. Not that his accuracy is bad, but his arm strength was the primary reason he wasn't coveted coming out of college.

cookie G
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
What do you mean, Nix or Brandon?

I thought Brandon wasn't making football decisions?

mightysimi
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
He has familiarity with the Saints system but his poor play jump started the Brees negotiations. I want no part of this guy. I would rather get a good prospect or a guy with experience.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
the team may go after daniel, but he is not the lone vet we will go after lol...

i see daniel and alex smith being brought in as vets, or at the very least matt flynn or possibly cousins...

and they will draft the best qb at 8... im sure nix will not want to take the chance on a decent talent at qb getting away, and will justify it by saying i can get great talent at other positions in rds 2-7

ZAZusmc03
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
the team may go after daniel, but he is not the lone vet we will go after lol...

i see daniel and alex smith being brought in as vets, or at the very least matt flynn or possibly cousins...

and they will draft the best qb at 8... im sure nix will not want to take the chance on a decent talent at qb getting away, and will justify it by saying i can get great talent at other positions in rds 2-7

Can we please just drop the Cousins talk?! The skins WILL NOT trade him, RG3 is going to get injured, there is a reason they drafted cousins a few rounds later. ****!

kishoph
01-23-2013, 04:17 AM
He is a free agent and his last contract was a one year $1 million contract, so any multi-year offer should get the job done.

You don't think the Saints will try to retain him, I do and if they don't, then there's something wrong with him that they don't like, which should be a red flag.

ublinkwescore
01-23-2013, 06:51 AM
I really don't want Alex smith any where near this team, he is drew bledsoe v 2.0

Extremebillsfan247
01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
If I were Nix or Brandon I'd target 4 positions at 8 in the draft, WR, LB, QB, and CB. Take the best player available based on those 4 positions. If it isn't QB at 8, then it becomes top priority in the 2nd. Then the rest of our draft picks filter out from there. But that's just me. In all likely hood the Bills are going to run a version of the west coast offense. If they are going to bring in a free agent QB, he must be experienced with that scheme. If they can't find one, then its imperative that they draft one. JMO

better days
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
What do you mean, Nix or Brandon?

I thought Brandon wasn't making football decisions?

Brandon is taking over the role Ralph played. He hires & fires. He said he will leave football matters to Nix & Marrone.

The King
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
I really don't want Alex smith any where near this team, he is drew bledsoe v 2.0

Awful comparison. Smith hasn't done anything in his career, Bledsoe had thrown for like 35,000 yards when he came to buffalo. He also was bonafied starter. Smith was in and out of the lineup constantly and has really only had 1 consistent season. He's also a totally different style than Bledsoe. They literally share nothing, except that they were replaced.

mightysimi
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM

I can't imagine in any world that Drew Bledsoe runs a 35 yard naked bootleg into the end zone like Smith did last years playoffs.

EDS
01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
You don't think the Saints will try to retain him, I do and if they don't, then there's something wrong with him that they don't like, which should be a red flag.

It is not like anyone is going to get in a bidding war for this guy! He has zero experience and limited physical skills. If the Saints really liked him they would have signed him to a multi year deal last off-season.

kishoph
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
It is not like anyone is going to get in a bidding war for this guy! He has zero experience and limited physical skills. If the Saints really liked him they would have signed him to a multi year deal last off-season.

I'm sold.