• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

If I'm nix or brandon...

I make getting a qb my number one priority - I address this by signing Chase Daniel (or aggressively pursuing him, and offering him a 50/50 shot at the starting job) and then drafting Nassib with our 2nd pick - even if that means we trade back into the first. I get them the best reciever on the board at #8 so they can have a legitimate duo of solid WRs and try like hell to keep levitre here. Hopefully we have told Levitre that we are doing every thing we can to get the offense going and that this is our plan (bringing in two potential starters and getting them a legitimate 2nd weapon) to try to keep him in Buffalo. Our O line should hopefully not see any drop off seeing as how it should have most of the starters back next season - depending on Levitre's choice. This team WILL NEVER see january football again until it fixes the position behind center - our front office has to stop worrying about losing their jobs and take the risks necessary to get this team back into the playoffs - now is the time we are loaded on both sides of the ball minus a true ILB and a legit #2 WR.

I sincerely believe that Chase Daniel will be the answer and will elevate his game knowing that another qb who is also familiar with the offensive system we will run will be looking over his shoulder (assuming we also draft Nassib). Chase has had 4 years to learn from one of the best qbs in today's game in Drew Brees. PULL THE TRIGGER.

Doing this will allow Marrone and co. to part ways with the previous coaching regime's trash - no more pigpen and no more $#!tsTragic!!!

Who's on board with me?
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • ublinkwescore
    • Sep 2002

Re: If I'm nix or brandon...

This front office has earned it's self an additional year by pulling off mario.

if they get Daniel and Nassib, along with the best wr on the board at 8, I give them yet another year.

All they can do is go after the players who will most likely make this team better. They did so with Mario (Spiller too), and Dareus, and Nick Barnett - though he has slowed down last season - they are making the right calls now - which is a pleasant surprise over McGahee when we've got a productive Henry, or Whitner while ngata is sitting on the board...

If I hear this front office has made a serious push at daniel, best wr on board @8, and Nassib with pick #2, I will be more than happy to extend my vote of confidence for Nix, Whaley and Brandon giving them yet another year in our FO.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I started a thread about Nassib but wish they would solve this prior to the draft by signing a vet or 2. Then if a decent option is still there for future development in Round 2 or 3, consider it. Still, 2 LB's a WR and a CB are big prioroities, in addition to QB. Those positions may have far deeper quality and depth in this draft.

Tavarus Jackson would seem to be a good cheap signing for 1 candidate. Daniel is only 6 feet tall and needs to roll out to create passing lanes, much like Russell Wilson. I have no real problem with that, BTW. I'm sure there are a couple others.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        • Sep 2002

chase daniel will win our starting job if we get him here. Drew Brees is also only 6 feet tall too - maybe 6'1"... tomato toh-mah-toe

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          • Sep 2002

I also think that we need to make Byrd a priority signing over levitre - guards are easier to replace than a ballhawking safety like Byrd.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I have never seen anything from Daniel to make me believe he can play, has he ever taken an NFL snap? Brian Hoyer played under Brady for years he's not exactly a Pro Bowl caliber guy sometimes the back-up is just an arm for second team reps.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              • Sep 2002

he has looked good in limited action - this is by no means me arguing for a rob johnson type... I know Daniel could just as easily fail as RJ. but he's had time under Brees who is arguably the best in the league right now, he knows the system, and the only knock on him is that he's a choker - in college - which I say Bulls#!t to - because Peyton Manning was once regarded as a choker - yet he got his ring. I don't buy the whole choker thing. if you can build a team that can win enough to consistently get a high playoff seed - and create that window of opportunity where your team should be good for like a 5-7 year stretch, that's how you get a superbowl win in today's NFL. And to me, that all starts at qb. they have to be proactive and aggressive as all hell to get someone in here - I don't care if we go into the preseason with 5 on the roster that are all acquired this year.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

What makes Chase Daniel so special?

They certainly need to look for and get a QB (if not more than one). But I have yet to see anyone who I'd consider "the answer." This is why coaching is so important. Whatever QB we get, the coaches will need to run the offense to his strengths.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                  This front office has earned it's self an additional year by pulling off mario.

if they get Daniel and Nassib, along with the best wr on the board at 8, I give them yet another year.

All they can do is go after the players who will most likely make this team better. They did so with Mario (Spiller too), and Dareus, and Nick Barnett - though he has slowed down last season - they are making the right calls now - which is a pleasant surprise over McGahee when we've got a productive Henry, or Whitner while ngata is sitting on the board...

If I hear this front office has made a serious push at daniel, best wr on board @8, and Nassib with pick #2, I will be more than happy to extend my vote of confidence for Nix, Whaley and Brandon giving them yet another year in our FO.
                  Don't look now but the Bills had two 1000 yard backs on their roster when they drafted Spiller.

Why is Daniels, a guy with 10 career passes who was undrafted out of college and was available to any team last year for peanuts, considered a legitimate option at QB?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

familiarity with the offense. familiarity with the offense can cover up weaknesses.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                      Don't look now but the Bills had two 1000 yard backs on their roster when they drafted Spiller.

Why is Daniels, a guy with 10 career passes who was undrafted out of college and was available to any team last year for peanuts, considered a legitimate option at QB?
                      yes, I know. I didn't like it at the time, but Spiller is going to be something special if we'd just hand the guy the damn ball. see above post... system familiarity. and many said he was better and smarter than Blaine Gabbert - who was also widely regarded on here two years ago at this time.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                        familiarity with the offense. familiarity with the offense can cover up weaknesses.
                        Yes, that did wonders for Fitzpatrick this past season.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

Fitzpatrick's problems are his deep ball sucks and he throws too many picks - sometimes right to the defenders... you can't really fix accuracy now can you?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Let's cut Fitz to save cash for the vets that we want to keep like Levitre and Byrd. Then bring in 3 new QBs through the draft and free agency and let them battle it out.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              • Sep 2002

exactly what I'm saying... one of them should have system familiarity. after we get daniel, we can get a Nassib and another vy type...

Comment

Working...
                              X