PDA

View Full Version : Mike Glennon on Bills, Senior Bowl

Mr. Magoo
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Mike_Glennon_on_Bills_Senior_Bowl/d07d76ae-6100-403d-b883-d2ed45c56d7f

There are 2 QB's that I think the bills are going to target Glennon is one and the other is Nasib. If you watch some video with him and TJ he was a play maker. I will provide one below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmagRtfOvo

The Jokeman
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Mike_Glennon_on_Bills_Senior_Bowl/d07d76ae-6100-403d-b883-d2ed45c56d7f

There are 2 QB's that I think the bills are going to target Glennon is one and the other is Nasib. If you watch some video with him and TJ he was a play maker. I will provide one below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmagRtfOvo

Yet will his playmaking ability beable to perform at the NFL level. Most scouting reports talk about Glennon's lack of athletic ability which shouts to me Drew Bledsoe/Byron Leftwhich. Which is a scary thought, here's one lengthly report: http://insidethewarroom.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/can-mike-glennon-be-a-first-rounder/ which seems fair and lists him as a guy we might be able to take in the 2nd Round which I wouldn't be opposed to be but honestly I'd prefer a more athletic guy if had a choice and why I side with guys like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel.

better days
01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Yet will his playmaking ability beable to perform at the NFL level. Most scouting reports talk about Glennon's lack of athletic ability which shouts to me Drew Bledsoe/Byron Leftwhich. Which is a scary thought, here's one lengthly report: http://insidethewarroom.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/can-mike-glennon-be-a-first-rounder/ which seems fair and lists him as a guy we might be able to take in the 2nd Round which I wouldn't be opposed to be but honestly I'd prefer a more athletic guy if had a choice and why I side with guys like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel.

Well if you want an athletic guy, Pat White is looking to get another shot in the NFL & is at the Senior Bowl talking himself up. He is probably more athletic than anyone in the draft. I would rather have a QB that can throw the ball myself.

Mouldsie
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Well if you want an athletic guy, Pat White is looking to get another shot in the NFL & is at the Senior Bowl talking himself up. He is probably more athletic than anyone in the draft. I would rather have a QB that can throw the ball myself.
What about a QB that is patient in the pocket and makes good decisions?

better days
01-22-2013, 04:25 PM
What about a QB that is patient in the pocket and makes good decisions?

I like the good decisions part, but not the patient in the pocket so much. Guys with patience find themselves on their backs too often.

coastal
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
This guys a stiff...

cookie G
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
This guys a stiff...

With questionable accuracy. At least Bledsoe was accurate.

coastal
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Who, if any, of the QBs r u down with.

im kinda partial to Matt Scott in the 3rd with a couple of big bodies before him.

DraftBoy
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM

im kinda partial to Matt Scott in the 3rd with a couple of big bodies before him.

I like Scott too, but in the 7th.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
i would love glennon. let him sit for two years behind alex smith

coastal
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Why the 7th?

hes the read option prototype.

no?

Mr. Magoo
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Why the 7th?

hes the read option prototype.

no?

There is a big chance that he is not even drafted.

coastal
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
There is a big chance that he is not even drafted.
Says who?

Mr. Magoo
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Says who?

I must have watch some bad video on him because from what I have seen he was horrible.

cookie G
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Colin Klein. Go with who ya know.

Ok....not. But I can't say there's one I'm in love with right now.

Geno Smith has the biggest combination of arm strength and accuracy. And from what I've seen, it isn't even close. Glennon might have his arm strength, but no where near his accuracy.

Some people say his problem is when he's under pressure in the pocket. There are some times when he holds on to the ball too long, but that's correctable. On the other hand, Texas put lots of pressure on him, he was even sacked 4 times in the first half. But he also led 4 scoring drives in the first half and threw 4 tds in the game. He was audibling out of plays at the line that gave them some big rushing gains and for the most part, he was finding the hot receiver. I don't think pressure is his problem.

The problem is when teams play back on him, like Kansas St. did. They took away the deep game and they were very good about not allowing YAC on the shorter throws. That's what befuddled him. The thing is, I think there were deep shots he could have taken, but the window isn't what he's used to seeing. I think there are throws he could have made but chose not to, though he definitely has the accuracy for it. In other words, he CAN hit a tight window, but won't do it mentally. If he doesn't understand that the window in the NFL isn't what it is in college, he could end up another Jason Campbell.

Tyler Wilson looks like the next best thrower in terms of a combination of strength and accuracy. Its just that when I've seen him play, he's under duress nearly every play. He looks like he makes a play more often than not. To me at least, he looks like a baller though. Fitz with accuracy and a stronger arm. I don't know if that's a bad thing.

From what I've seen of Nassib, accuracy is no more than OK, and as others have said, a one speed velocity. He looks like he has happy feet also. He gets the ball out quick enough for the most part. Certainly a strong enough arm. My concern with QB's with so-so accuracy (that goes for Glennon also), I don't know how much you can teach accuracy. Improve it a little, maybe, but for the most part, you have it or you don't. Ask Fitz.

My late round, off the board, use a 7th on him and don't count him out until the cutdown pick- Nick Florence, Baylor

Everyone said Baylor was in serious trouble after losing RGIII and Kendall Wright. They were wrong. He threw for 4300 yards and over 30 TD's and ran what might have been the best offense in college football by the end of the season.

Ok, not the best arm, but doesn't miss on a lot of his throws, and he knows how to find the open guy. His passes of 40 yards and under are almost always on target. Handles his offense extremely well. They scored 40 points or more in 6 of their last 8 games, and over 50 in 3 of them. Can run when the opportunity presents itself. Certainly worth a look in the later rounds.

TigerJ
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
From what I've read Glennon throws a nice deep ball, and doesn't do much else that's really good. Nassib is good with short range accuracy and has nice footwork. Geno Smith has a nice combination of athleticism, arm strength and accuracy, but his college offense gave him poor preparation for the NFL, and his decision making isn't always great. Manuel is similar to Smith with less consistency. Tyler Wilson has toughness leadership and accuracy but suffers from the curse of the small hands. Barkley has the questionable arm strength and the suspicion of small hands. What this all means is that there is going to be no perfect choice at QB, unlike a year ago. But then, Buffalo was never in a position last year to draft a "perfect QB (Luck or RG3). I think the consensus is that every QB is going to be a reach in the first round, but teams may do it anyway by the time the draft actually gets here, even though they complain about the value now. While Nix has stated drafting a QB is a priority, that doesn't necessarily mean he be one to reach in the first round, but we don't know. It's going to be interesting, but I expect perceptions are still going to change a lot between now and the end of April, and we won't really know what NFL teams are actually thinking until the draft.

The Jokeman
01-22-2013, 08:22 PM

In two years the Bills could be in serious trouble as CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson could be off the team, also Dareus could be gone as an UFA and there's no guaranteeing Stevie Johnson will have the same success under Alex Smith had under Fitz. I'm sorry but could be against adding Smith as I don't see him significantly better than Fitz. Yes, he might cost less but leaving high draft picks on the bench isn't going to help improve this team in 2013 or 2014.

Night Train
01-23-2013, 04:08 AM
Glennon looks like a thinner Bledsoe. No thanks.

Nassib gets the ball out very quickly, from what I saw yesterday. Of the 6 QB's in Mobile, he impressed me the most.

BidsJr
01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Glennon does NOT have Bledsoe's feet and feet were Drews biggest problem.

better days
01-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Well, Glennon can move a lot better than Bledsoe. People should watch the links posted in the first post. Io compare Glennon to Bledsoe is ridiculous.

venis2k1
01-23-2013, 08:19 AM
To compare Glennon to Bledsoe is a compliment of the highest caliber.

Not only was Bledsoe the hands down top pick in the draft, he was so by a mile. I can recall many scouts raving that he had the tightest spiral and biggest arm they have EVER seen. Bledsoe failed here because of a Poor o-line and bad coaching. Prolly the best arm ever to wear the red, white and blue though.

Top 10 all time in passing btw.

If Glennon reminds you of Bledsoe, its not a bad thing.

better days
01-23-2013, 08:24 AM

Not only was Bledsoe the hands down top pick in the draft, he was so by a mile. I can recall many scouts raving that he had the tightest spiral and biggest arm they have EVER seen. Bledsoe failed here because of a Poor o-line and bad coaching. Prolly the best arm ever to down the red, white and blue though.

The people comparing Glennon to Bledsoe are not comparing their arm. Bledsoe was called a statue because he did not move in the pocket. People comparing them are trying to say Glennon is also a statue which is WRONG. He can MOVE in the pocket.

Bill Cody
01-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Well, Glennon can move a lot better than Bledsoe. People should watch the links posted in the first post. Io compare Glennon to Bledsoe is ridiculous.

Indeed it is ridiculous. Drew Bledsoe is top 10 all time in yards. He was the first player taken when he came out. Glennon is a project that may never start an NFL game.

better days
01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Indeed it is ridiculous. Drew Bledsoe is top 10 all time in yards. He was the first player taken when he came out. Glennon is a project that may never start an NFL game.

You may be right. I'm not saying Bledsoe was not a good QB myself, I think he was good but could have been great if he had Brady's work ethic. But even the biggest Bledsoe fan will have to admit he did not move well in the pocket or at all for that matter. People are trying to say that about Glennon in the comparison between the two which is WRONG. Glennon can move much better than Bledsoe did even if he never starts a game in the NFL.

sukie
01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
On the deep ball of Glennon. Do the Bills currently have anyone that can get space deep?

better days
01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
On the deep ball of Glennon. Do the Bills currently have anyone that can get space deep?

Yes, TJ Graham drafted in the 3rd by the Bills last year. Played with Glennon in College & he can FLY. Look at the links in the first post.

sukie
01-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Yes, TJ Graham drafted in the 3rd by the Bills last year. Played with Glennon in College & he can FLY. Look at the links in the first post.

Wasn't wowed with TJ this year but that is true of alot of rook WRs. Hope he blossoms under the new regime

Bill Cody
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
You may be right. I'm not saying Bledsoe was not a good QB myself, I think he was good but could have been great if he had Brady's work ethic. But even the biggest Bledsoe fan will have to admit he did not move well in the pocket or at all for that matter. People are trying to say that about Glennon in the comparison between the two which is WRONG. Glennon can move much better than Bledsoe did even if he never starts a game in the NFL.

Maybe, Mike can move around some. But overall I see him as a Drew wanna be. Drew is actually the faster runner. Glennon cannot outrun anyone, linemen included. He would need work on his mechanics and footwork. And the truth is the game is changing. Not sure you want a pure pocket passer anymore. This is a weak QB class (naturally we need one). The guy that kind of intrigues me if you're talking projects is Zac Dysert. Not a finished product but more mobil than a Glennon and big upside. He's more of a 3rd round value but you'd have to take him in the 2nd the way QB's get overdrafted.

BleedinGreenNC
01-23-2013, 10:54 AM

Be careful what you wish for, i have watched him play at NC State many times, anything outside of the 4th round is a reach for him, and thats pushing it

Ingtar33
01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I like Glennon in round 2 or 3... nothing i've seen makes him a round 1 guy. what i'd like to see him do is stay in college one more year. What I've seen with him is he's streaky. When he's got a rhythm going he gets the ball out fast, and usually to the right read. When the defense confuses him, or is getting early pressure on him his game comes apart. I don't like his step away from the line of scrimmage when he's throwing short passes, or short crossing routs. It really takes something off the ball and generally plays havoc with his accuracy. He reminds me a lot of Drew Bledsoe, only more of a poor man's Bledsoe. In Bledsoe's youth he was a bit better QB in the pocket then what I'm seeing from Glennon, which worries me. Especially since Glennon looks more like the post Ben Coates version of Bledsoe in the pocket.

That said he does have a superb arm... He's sorta like Byron Leftwich only with a much faster release.

Geno Smith is the only guy in this draft I'd say is a surefire first rounder. Which means he'll go no.1 regardless what we think about his game.

Nasbit is a prototypical west coast offense QB... and would have fit fine in the old school early 90's 49ers offense. As long as you don't mind his first look will be short, or that he'll get jittery in the pocket if the ball isn't out of his hand fast you'll be good with him. Not too keen on his accuracy... his footwork is still too inconsistent so even in an old school 49ers offense he'd need to sit a year to work that issue out.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Big arm means nothing if he's not acurrate.

better days
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM

Yeah it does. You can't be as inacurrate as Fitz, but the threat of throwing downfield makes the defense play more loose & there is the posibility of pass interference.

CleveSteve
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Doesn't sound like you like him that much.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah it does. You can't be as inacurrate as Fitz, but the threat of throwing downfield makes the defense play more loose & there is the posibility of pass interference.
Deep ball isn't Fitz's problem. He can swing it long, just 5 yards over the receiver's head.

Big arm without accuracy becomes a INT machine. No thanks.

justasportsfan
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Not only was Bledsoe the hands down top pick in the draft, he was so by a mile. I can recall many scouts raving that he had the tightest spiral and biggest arm they have EVER seen. Bledsoe failed here because of a Poor o-line and bad coaching. Prolly the best arm ever to wear the red, white and blue though.

Bledsoe was also the biggest choker that ever played. Glennon is probably not like Bledsoe in that sense. Mallet however was like Drew in both areas.

WagonCircler
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Bledsoe was also the biggest choker that ever played.

No hyperbole here. Move along.

(Note: Bledsoe won 2 AFC Championship games. Has a Super Bowl ring).

better days
01-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Deep ball isn't Fitz's problem. He can swing it long, just 5 yards over the receiver's head.

Big arm without accuracy becomes a INT machine. No thanks.

Yeah, I said a QB can't be as inaccurate as Fitz & Glennon is not. I also just heard on Sirius that Nassib had a terrible day today.

justasportsfan
01-23-2013, 03:25 PM
No hyperbole here. Move along.

(Note: Bledsoe won 2 AFC Championship games. Has a Super Bowl ring).

He put up great nos. but the guy choked when the game was on the line. He was Fitzpatrick with an arm.OK, my bad. Drew is now second to Romo :D

Rob Johnson also has a ring that someone else won.

TigerJ
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Well if you want an athletic guy, Pat White is looking to get another shot in the NFL & is at the Senior Bowl talking himself up. He is probably more athletic than anyone in the draft. I would rather have a QB that can throw the ball myself.I wonder if Pat White is motivated by Russell Wilson's NFL success. There are similarities.

madness
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM

Matt Ryan had the same knock on him coming out of college. In fact that's who many NFL evaluators have compared Glennon to. He may be the most talented QB in the draft but will need to be put under the right coaching staff to fix some of his correctable bad habits(needs serious help with his footwork). Just like Ryan, he was in an offense which held him back and although not on the same level... has above average pocket presence (most reports will tell you the opposite but scouts will tell you he has a feel for the blitz, gets he ball out quickly and still deliver a strike with players at his feet).

What impresses me are his intangibles. He had a very firm grasp on a pro-style offense and and can read a defense very well. That's a positive combination when you throw in a big arm that can make any throw on the field.

Ingtar33
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
yes... but Ryan was a no doubt first rounder. Glennon isn't

madness
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
yes... but Ryan was a no doubt first rounder. Glennon isn't
I completely agree.