X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Bills have already met with and talked to all 6 Senior Bowl QBs

I really like the aggressive nature this off season.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Bills have already met with and talked to all 6 Senior Bowl QBs

Well they should be talking with them. But it doesn't mean they should take ANY of them in the 1st RD.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
      Well they should be talking with them. But it doesn't mean they should take ANY of them in the 1st RD.
      Well, if 2 or 3 QBs are taken before the Bills draft, they will have no choice but to draft one at 8. Nix has said he learned you have to draft a QB a round before you would like to.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Nix says he and his scouting staff typically meets with draft prospects each night at the Senior Bowl from 830pm to 1130pm. And it’s not just the quarterbacks, they’ll meet with all the different position groups.
        I'm shocked that Nix is still awake by 10pm.

Joking aside, is it a surprise that we never talked to Geno Smith? Guess we're not so good about pre-draft posturing.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Well, if 2 or 3 QBs are taken before the Bills draft, they will have no choice but to draft one at 8. Nix has said he learned you have to draft a QB a round before you would like to.
          That's a ridiculous mentality. Drafting a QB in the first round because you need one doesn't make him worthy of the pick. It's a desperation move to make up for years of mismanagement. We never got our QB before and now we are screwed because demand far exceeds supply. And, it could cost us a stud player at another position of need.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

well the bills need 2...so talking to 6 is a good start.

Comment

• BeerMe
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              I'm shocked that Nix is still awake by 10pm.

Joking aside, is it a surprise that we never talked to Geno Smith? Guess we're not so good about pre-draft posturing.
              Maybe because he isn't at the Sr Bowl? ;-)
              You are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success....act like it!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
                Maybe because he isn't at the Sr Bowl? ;-)
                Good point. You got me.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

No, no no. You don't just take a QB because other teams above you did. You have to have the mindset of taking BPA and if that player just so happens to be a QB, great! But this draft will not have a QB as BPA at #8.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    That's a ridiculous mentality. Drafting a QB in the first round because you need one doesn't make him worthy of the pick. It's a desperation move to make up for years of mismanagement. We never got our QB before and now we are screwed because demand far exceeds supply. And, it could cost us a stud player at another position of need.
                    The reason we did not get a QB before now is because demand has always exceeded supply. We have no choice this year, the Bills will have to do like other teams & overdraft a QB.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Really? I hadn't seen where he said that.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                        Really? I hadn't seen where he said that.
                        I heard him say that. Don't remember if it was on Shredd & Ragan or John Murphy show.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                          No, no no. You don't just take a QB because other teams above you did. You have to have the mindset of taking BPA and if that player just so happens to be a QB, great! But this draft will not have a QB as BPA at #8.
                          Drafting BPA is the reason the Bills need a QB this year. Jake Long may have been the BPA a few years ago, but I bet EVERYONE in Miami would rather have Matt Ryan today.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Its important to note every NFL team met with every prospect by rule.

That's a new rule too.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

"... If you're still there in Round 2 or 3 , we may call you. Good luck ! "
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X