PDA

View Full Version : Bills have already met with and talked to all 6 Senior Bowl QBs

RedEyE
01-24-2013, 07:31 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/01/22/bills-meet-with-all-six-senior-bowl-qbs/

I really like the aggressive nature this off season.

jamze132
01-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Well they should be talking with them. But it doesn't mean they should take ANY of them in the 1st RD.

better days
01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Well they should be talking with them. But it doesn't mean they should take ANY of them in the 1st RD.

Well, if 2 or 3 QBs are taken before the Bills draft, they will have no choice but to draft one at 8. Nix has said he learned you have to draft a QB a round before you would like to.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Nix says he and his scouting staff typically meets with draft prospects each night at the Senior Bowl from 830pm to 1130pm. And it’s not just the quarterbacks, they’ll meet with all the different position groups.
I'm shocked that Nix is still awake by 10pm.

Joking aside, is it a surprise that we never talked to Geno Smith? Guess we're not so good about pre-draft posturing.

OpIv37
01-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Well, if 2 or 3 QBs are taken before the Bills draft, they will have no choice but to draft one at 8. Nix has said he learned you have to draft a QB a round before you would like to.

That's a ridiculous mentality. Drafting a QB in the first round because you need one doesn't make him worthy of the pick. It's a desperation move to make up for years of mismanagement. We never got our QB before and now we are screwed because demand far exceeds supply. And, it could cost us a stud player at another position of need.

trapezeus
01-24-2013, 10:31 AM
well the bills need 2...so talking to 6 is a good start.

Arctic Wild Man
01-24-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm shocked that Nix is still awake by 10pm.

Joking aside, is it a surprise that we never talked to Geno Smith? Guess we're not so good about pre-draft posturing.

Maybe because he isn't at the Sr Bowl? ;-)

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe because he isn't at the Sr Bowl? ;-)
Good point. You got me.

jamze132
01-25-2013, 04:34 AM

No, no no. You don't just take a QB because other teams above you did. You have to have the mindset of taking BPA and if that player just so happens to be a QB, great! But this draft will not have a QB as BPA at #8.

better days
01-25-2013, 06:46 AM
That's a ridiculous mentality. Drafting a QB in the first round because you need one doesn't make him worthy of the pick. It's a desperation move to make up for years of mismanagement. We never got our QB before and now we are screwed because demand far exceeds supply. And, it could cost us a stud player at another position of need.

The reason we did not get a QB before now is because demand has always exceeded supply. We have no choice this year, the Bills will have to do like other teams & overdraft a QB.

TigerJ
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Really? I hadn't seen where he said that.

better days
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Really? I hadn't seen where he said that.

I heard him say that. Don't remember if it was on Shredd & Ragan or John Murphy show.

better days
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
No, no no. You don't just take a QB because other teams above you did. You have to have the mindset of taking BPA and if that player just so happens to be a QB, great! But this draft will not have a QB as BPA at #8.

Drafting BPA is the reason the Bills need a QB this year. Jake Long may have been the BPA a few years ago, but I bet EVERYONE in Miami would rather have Matt Ryan today.

DraftBoy
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Its important to note every NFL team met with every prospect by rule.

That's a new rule too.

Night Train
01-25-2013, 08:09 PM
"... If you're still there in Round 2 or 3 , we may call you. Good luck ! "

psubills62
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Its important to note every NFL team met with every prospect by rule.

That's a new rule too.
Even if it wasn't...it's kind of their job to thoroughly research these prospects, and talking to them would kind of help that cause.