PDA

View Full Version : FWIW- Nfldraftcountdown.com has us taking Barkley

Pinkerton Security
01-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Bills General Manager Buddy Nix has also let it be known on more than one occasion that finding a quarterback of the future is a priority, especially with Ryan Fitzpatrick struggling mightily after signing an ill-conceived contract extension, and it could happen in round one. USC’s Matt Barkley entered the year as the presumptive favorite to be the #1 overall pick but a nightmare senior campaign has significantly impacted that standing. There has even been chatter that Barkley could slide out of the first round completely! In the end that probably won’t happen, if for no other reason than there are just too many teams in need of help under center to let a polished, accurate passer with top intangibles fall too far on Draft Day. There are some legitimate concerns with Barkley though, most notably a lack of ideal height (6-1⅞) and average arm strength. Barkley also dealt with a handful of minor injuries during his college career and some worry that his success may have been the byproduct of an extremely talented supporting cast. Buffalo has also shown interest in North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon and could shock everyone by reaching for Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib. After all, new Head Coach Doug Marrone is more familiar with Nassib than anyone after working with him for four years in college. Notre Dame ILB Manti Te’o could also be exactly what the doctor ordered for their underachieving front seven.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

obviously doesnt mean much but I'd be Ok with this...I think he' be a solid QB, but I'd probably prefer to get an impact Lineman on either side of the ball and then someone like Nassib or Wilson in the 2nd.

jamze132
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
No.

MikeInRoch
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Please no.

Bill Cody
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
hell no

Slim
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
At this point, I would be all for it. Probably the best fit for Marrone's system.

Night Train
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
In 2 weeks, they'll have us taking someone else..and we can all swoon with surprise and anger..

and then 2 weeks after that, another name..

rinse, repeat..