PDA

View Full Version : Enroth starting tonight 1/24 @ Carolina

OpIv37
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=13269

I like the idea of keeping Miller fresh but I'm not sold on Enroth yet.

YankeeInRaleigh
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Eh, he's been solid for us in the past, but i'm not completely sold yet.

Mski
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
i believe he had a shut out last time he played in carolina, that might have even been the game he made a save without his helmet on

PTI
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
JHONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapezeus
01-24-2013, 03:21 PM
i like him. he's small, but he plays well. he had a rough stretch there last year, but i think that's part sophmore slump and part bad team slumping together.

i trust him and think he is the key to going anywhere in the playoffs. if miller is playing all the back to backs with the travel, he's going to be shot by the time he gets to playoffs.

Crisis
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Gerbe is back tonight.

Cleve
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Enroth had a terrible game - .865 save percentage, 5.0 GAA.

How much should Miller be rested in a 48 game season anyways? I would keep Miller playing until he looked shaky - and then rest him. He had a sparkling GAA of 1.5 in his first two games. Resting Miller after 2 games seems a little too "conservative".

jamze132
01-25-2013, 04:45 AM
It's not about being conservative. The Sabres need to keep Enroth in game shape since he will be counted on down the stretch.

don137
01-25-2013, 06:31 AM
He has not played well the last year and looked bad last night. When he first came into the league as Miller's backup he was reliable. Now he is as reliable as Lalime. Time to thinking of trading depth at defense for a reliable backup.

rbochan
01-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Bring back LaLime!

OpIv37
01-25-2013, 07:56 AM
This is what's so frustrating about this team. It's probably been six years since we've had a reliable backup and the FO has not been able to solve the problem. I realize no team is perfect and every team has flaws, but its inexcusable to have the same flaw for so long, especially in this particular case where a lack of a reliable backup hurts Miller's effectiveness as well.

SkateZilla
01-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Enroth had a terrible game - .865 save percentage, 5.0 GAA.

How much should Miller be rested in a 48 game season anyways? I would keep Miller playing until he looked shaky - and then rest him. He had a sparkling GAA of 1.5 in his first two games. Resting Miller after 2 games seems a little too "conservative".

Cant blame Jhonas for half of the goals.

PTI
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
That was inexcusable play with no discipline at all all game long by the forwards. Hodgson gave the puck away in prime scoring position twice that led to goals that Enroth had no chance on. Pommer just handed the puck to the Hurricanes almost all game long, and enabled a 3 on 1 break that Enroth is blamed for because of a 5 hole goal.

Enroth was not nearly as bad as some are saying. He is reliable as a backup. Hodgson played like he was in the Juniors like he could just finesse the puck away from people because he is just so much more skilled, and did not stay with his man at all.

Did some of you even watch the game?

SabreEleven
01-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Doing some Monday morning QBing, why not start Miller on the away game and start Enroth on the home game? Miller had two days off so he should have been fresh and it would have broken up the Friday-Sunday game.

SkateZilla
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
That was inexcusable play with no discipline at all all game long by the forwards. Hodgson gave the puck away in prime scoring position twice that led to goals that Enroth had no chance on. Pommer just handed the puck to the Hurricanes almost all game long, and enabled a 3 on 1 break that Enroth is blamed for because of a 5 hole goal.

Enroth was not nearly as bad as some are saying. He is reliable as a backup. Hodgson played like he was in the Juniors like he could just finesse the puck away from people because he is just so much more skilled, and did not stay with his man at all.

Did some of you even watch the game?

The GMan didnt play too well either, neither did any of the DMen, as they spent about 40% of the game chasing the puck back and forth behind our own net.

OpIv37
01-25-2013, 01:54 PM
CoHo played well offensively but terrible defensively.