X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gloveus
    • Sep 2010

Darrelle Revis in a Bills Uniform?

Suddenly, in the media, it's like there's a frenzy over the fact that the Jets might be trading Revis. It probably has to do with the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract, is coming of an ACL tear, and seems to want a new contract every other year. According to a report on NFL.com, the Bills are one of the teams that are "highly interested."

Here's the link:
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Looks like they want multiple 1st and 2nd rounders. The guy is only 27, and with a couple of new LBs, our defense could be AMAZING. The flip side to this though, it would really hurt our search for a franchise QB. And unless we got really lucky and found someone like a Russel Wilson in the 3rd round (which I think is too rare), I don't think trading away our future for Revis is worth it. We aren't the Atlanta Falcons who were only a Julio Jones away from being a top Super Bowl contender.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Darrelle Revis in a Bills Uniform?

No. Trades. Within. The. Division.

No exceptions.

If they are letting him go, there is a reason. Plus, you know he'll be crying about his contract here, if we can even keep him. And, the Jets will probably take those. Draft picks and use them to kick our asses for the next 10'years while we get 3 good years out of Revis.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Sounds like the press machine is trying to roll a story to help the Jets, sorry Charlie no dice. Revis may never be the same again & there are no assurances of his play without being able to play at the same level. That being said, if the Jets are reasonable & would accept a conditionally higher pick based on play then it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      No. Trades. Within. The. Division.

No exceptions.

If they are letting him go, there is a reason. Plus, you know he'll be crying about his contract here, if we can even keep him. And, the Jets will probably take those. Draft picks and use them to kick our asses for the next 10'years while we get 3 good years out of Revis.
      Spot on, we'll get raped somehow on the deal.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Although they do need a QB... Perhaps a straight up trade could be arranged?

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i read that story earlier. why are we one of the leading teams in this? how many years in a row do we need to see that having amazing DB's do nothing unless you have the front 7 solidified? FORGET the DB position. it's like they are intent on finding the most perfect DB. Stop it.

if the bills trade anything, even a 7th rounder for revis, i don't want him. he has a year left and keeps throwing off any long term planning a team does by holding out every decent year he has.

and with the need of the bills QB situation, a 1st and second is out of hte question. neither. not even of the two slots would i trade. i want a LB and i want a qb.

i hope the bills are in this just to drive the price up or screw the jets to hold on to him after the market busts underneath him. the bills put out the biggest asking price. they hem and haw on completing deal and then withdraw and then everyone else is just not interested any longer.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

his price may send him to FA by getting him released - qb is our number 1 priority...
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

look, the jets won't release him. they'll still eat the salary cap and open a huge hole. and with or without an upset revis, it's not like the locker-room is going to be in great shape otherwise. they hvae a qb issue. they have no rb, no wr, and the team is angry.

i'm pretty sure the jets goal is to be the #1 pick next year.

a dream would be to watch the jets demand brady, belichick think he is the master mind, revis still getting burned routinely by Stevie, Brady getting crushed on every play, and mallet not succeeding. meanwhile the bills tortoise and hare approach is to just get a QB who is capable and draft a mean blitzing LB.

won't ever happen, but it would be a dream.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Multiple 1st and 2nd rounders.

I'll give them our 3rd in 2014, maybe. Then we'd still have to hear this primadonna ***** and moan like a spoiled child everyday.

Go suck a rock Jets.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

My moneyball analystics say that he isn't worth the risk at that price. He'd have to come for a low draft pick. 3rd or 4th round or we could do a straight up swap of Fitzpatrick for Revis.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

I have had some time to digest this since the first report and I think wasting picks on this guy is a solid diversion from where the Bills need to be. I vote NO.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      i hope the bills are in this just to drive the price up or screw the jets to hold on to him after the market busts underneath him. the bills put out the biggest asking price. they hem and haw on completing deal and then withdraw and then everyone else is just not interested any longer.
                      Nah, there are unspoken ethics involved as well. Karma is a *****. Hate to be in the other shoe one day.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Unreal. When healthy this guy is one of the Top 5 players in the league. Not defenders, players. He's not even 28 years old. And people aren't even willing to entertain the idea of a trade for him?

Think about it this way. We haven't drafted a player of Revis' caliber for years, maybe not since Thurman Thomas. While my first choice is still to trade up for Geno Smith, I would absolutely be willing to throw picks at Revis. You not only pick up an elite player, you take the 2nd best player in the division away from a rival.

Of course, you guys are also treating this like we'd have to trade for him sight unseen. If the Jets are serious about dealing him, they'd be nuts not to allow anyone the chance to medically examine him or negotiate with his agent first.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gloveus View Post
                          Suddenly, in the media, it's like there's a frenzy over the fact that the Jets might be trading Revis. It probably has to do with the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract, is coming of an ACL tear, and seems to want a new contract every other year. According to a report on NFL.com, the Bills are one of the teams that are "highly interested."

Here's the link:
                          The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Looks like they want multiple 1st and 2nd rounders. The guy is only 27, and with a couple of new LBs, our defense could be AMAZING. The flip side to this though, it would really hurt our search for a franchise QB. And unless we got really lucky and found someone like a Russel Wilson in the 3rd round (which I think is too rare), I don't think trading away our future for Revis is worth it. We aren't the Atlanta Falcons who were only a Julio Jones away from being a top Super Bowl contender.
                          What makes you think that they are going to trade him in the division, count that out.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            Unreal. When healthy this guy is one of the Top 5 players in the league. Not defenders, players. He's not even 28 years old. And people aren't even willing to entertain the idea of a trade for him?

Think about it this way. We haven't drafted a player of Revis' caliber for years, maybe not since Thurman Thomas. While my first choice is still to trade up for Geno Smith, I would absolutely be willing to throw picks at Revis. You not only pick up an elite player, you take the 2nd best player in the division away from a rival.

Of course, you guys are also treating this like we'd have to trade for him sight unseen. If the Jets are serious about dealing him, they'd be nuts not to allow anyone the chance to medically examine him or negotiate with his agent first.

Check the bills evaluation on merriman. i don't trust the bills to gauge health accurately.

and again, the bills are a better team with more LB's and better qb play. throwing away picks on someone who could very honestly might not be here the year after is a huuuuuge gamble not worth taking. if the bills were a db away from years of playoff appearances and wanted to stifle a qb eating us alive, fine. but the bills got roasted by rookies, scrubs and talented qb's this year. one db isn't changing that.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              Check the bills evaluation on merriman. i don't trust the bills to gauge health accurately.
                              Looking at the Bills' draft history, I don't trust them to hit on most of their picks anyway. At some point you have to trust them to do something right.

and again, the bills are a better team with more LB's and better qb play. throwing away picks on someone who could very honestly might not be here the year after is a huuuuuge gamble not worth taking.
                              I wouldn't trade for him without an agreement in principle for a new deal or some sort of conditional compensation from the Jets if he walks.

if the bills were a db away from years of playoff appearances and wanted to stifle a qb eating us alive, fine. but the bills got roasted by rookies, scrubs and talented qb's this year. one db isn't changing that.
                              He's not just one DB, he's the best DB in the game. The Jets were able to build their scheme on leaving the opponent's #1 on Revis Island and attacking, counting on him to hold up behind. And then we hired their DC.

Now, obviously all this is contingent on him being healthy, which is why I said the Jets should let us examine him first.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X