PDA

View Full Version : Nassib. Bills not that high on him

Lefty2985
01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
JoeB@wgr550.com

Well, it's not even February and the draft rumors are already flying strong.

Likely to be one of the most talked about in western New York leading up to the 2013 NFL Draft, Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib has seen both his head coach and offensive coordinator from school land with the Bills over the course of the past month.

Nassib has even went as far as to call it a match made in heaven. With that, here's this new nugget of information from long-time draft prognosticator Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net:

"We’ve been told the Buffalo Bills are not as high on Ryan Nassib as most presume. In fact we’ve heard their scouts don’t even rank him as the best quarterback in Mobile."

Nassib was part of a six-pack of quarterbacks to work out at this week's Senior Bowl. He was joined by Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, Oklahoma's Landry Jones, NC State's Mike Glennon, Florida State's E.J. Manuel and Miami's Zac Dysert.

Still with more than three months to go, this surely won't be the last rumor you read regarding the Bills and draft-eligible quarterbacks

OpIv37
01-25-2013, 05:59 PM
So, this poses an interesting question: what if all the QB's the Bills like are gone before our pick?

Does the FO reach for Nassib or someone else? Go for a different position and hope Nassib or someone else is there in the 2nd? Trade up to get a top QB? Trade down and hope to get Nassib later in the first?

I see a lot of potential for things to go south here. The Bills are desperate for a QB at a time when demand far exceeds supply.

YardRat
01-25-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm OK with taking the best defensive player/offensive lineman on the board at 8 and seeing who falls into the second.

IAG
01-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Nassib is just not that good.

Night Train
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
None of them are 1st Round good.

DraftBoy
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
So what is the determining factor in what January rumor we believe and what we don't?

Nassib at 8 last week was called blowing smoke, not Bills not being as high on Nassib as seen as correct?

Odd compass we are using.

Jeff1220
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
As a 'Cuse fan, I''ve always liked Nassib as the best QB there since McNabb, which I guess isn't really saying much with guys like Troy Nunes and RJ Anderson to compare. Point being, even as a 'Cuse homer, and not much of a draft prognosticator, I've figured Nassib to be a 3-4 round type QB. I guess it all comes down to supply and demand.

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Wait till our pick in the 2nd. One of those QBs ought to be there.

Bert102176
01-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Hell one of those guys will be there in there 3rd I say either best LB or Best WR and we could alwys use a top OL

Bert102176
01-26-2013, 12:38 AM
I think u may not see a QB go until Rd 2

more cowbell
01-26-2013, 02:01 AM
I think the only QB worth a 1st round pick this year is Tyler Wilson. I like Nassib, and I went to WVU so I'm a homer for Geno Smith...but I do not see him being a good pro. What the hell do I know though?

jamze132
01-26-2013, 03:19 AM
So, this poses an interesting question: what if all the QB's the Bills like are gone before our pick?

Does the FO reach for Nassib or someone else? Go for a different position and hope Nassib or someone else is there in the 2nd? Trade up to get a top QB? Trade down and hope to get Nassib later in the first?

I see a lot of potential for things to go south here. The Bills are desperate for a QB at a time when demand far exceeds supply.
Oh OBD plays their cards right, we'll have Alex Smith and this ****ty QB crop won't be an issue for us.

kishoph
01-26-2013, 05:00 AM
I think u may not see a QB go until Rd 2

With all the teams in need of a QB, there's not a chance of that happening.

Bill Cody
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
So what is the determining factor in what January rumor we believe and what we don't?

Nassib at 8 last week was called blowing smoke, not Bills not being as high on Nassib as seen as correct?

Odd compass we are using.

I use my own compass. That compass tells me Nassib is not going to be drafted in the first round.

YardRat
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh OBD plays their cards right, we'll have Alex Smith and this ****ty QB crop won't be an issue for us.

Yeah, but the new ****ty QB will be. Stay the hell away from A.Smith...very far away.

TigerJ
01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
For what it's worth, that opinion coincides with what DGreg posted in this thread. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/216789-A-little-bit-of-info

Recalling an earlier thread, DGreg claims a Syracuse connection with Nate Hackett, Bills offensive coordinator, not insider information at OBD. Could be just as valid though, especially since this article seems to confirm it.

JoeMama
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Pretty lame showing by Ryan Nassib today.

The prospect of drafting him 8th overall sounds like pure madness.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2013, 09:10 PM
ej manuel!!!!!!!!!! do it!

TigerJ
01-28-2013, 01:22 PM
This mock draft http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/2013-nfl-mock-draft/mock-draft.html actually uses the rumblings about the Bills dislike for Nassib as a reason the Bills will draft him at #8 overall. It's disinformation, you see. LOL

The King
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Here's the thing. This is professional football, there are guys like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees playing QB at this level. Nassib may be a good kid and a solid QB, but you can't settle at QB in the NFL.

This staff knows his strengths and his flaws and if they feel someone is out there without those flaws then you need to go in that direction. Because you cant settle for a nice guy or a good kid. We just went through that. Fitzy might be the nicest QB in the league, but on Sundays that means nothing.

better days
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
None of them are 1st Round good.

Well, Kaepernick & Wilson were not deemed 1st rnd good before their draft. I think a lot of teams including the Bills would give up a first today if given the chance to get them.