PDA

View Full Version : Titus Young

Lexwhat
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/TitusDYoungSr

Looks like he's been goin off on Twitter rants lately. The guy has character issues, and obviously needs a change of scenery. His latest tweet: "Never needed the money. Give me a dollar and a ball, bet I come back #HallofFame"

Anyway, I know all the "Dick Jaurons" here are gonna talk this and that about his character, but I don't care. Yea, he's a punk, but the guy can play. He's got talent, he's got speed, he's got attitude, and he's only 23.

If the Lions ever decided they wanted to trade him, the Bills should (IMO) definitely think about it. We badly need a #2 WR and to me, this guy fits the profile.

Crisis
01-25-2013, 07:08 PM
The guy literally gave up on his team and stopped running routes.. He shouldn't even be in the NFL.

ThunderGun
01-25-2013, 07:21 PM
The guy literally gave up on his team and stopped running routes.. He shouldn't even be in the NFL.

I'm not advocating trading for young, but to just to be clear, he didn't quit/stop running routes. He intentionally lined up in the wrong spot. He insinuated it was because he "knew where the ball was going". So he basically knew the ball wasn't coming to him, so he lined up where the ball was going.

The kid is clearly a headcase, but lining up wrong because you want the ball so bad is very different than quitting on your team, and not running routes.

Again....not saying we should sign him. I'm sure the Patriots will trade a 6th for him though, and we'll watch him become a star. Lol.

Night Train
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Young was suspended for most of his sophomore season at Boise State (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Boise_State) after a fight with a teammate. Additionally, Young was passed upon by many teams during the NFL (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/NFL) draft due to widely being considered a character risk. In May 2012, the Detroit Lions (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Detroit_Lions) sent Young home after he sucker-punched Louis Delmas (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Louis_Delmas). In November 2012, the Detroit Lions (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Detroit_Lions) again sent Young home and did not play him in the annual Thanksgiving day game due to conduct detrimental to the team. According to Lions coaches, Young purposefully lined up in the wrong position twice and got into a verbal confrontation with receivers coach Shawn Jefferson (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Shawn_Jefferson).

PTI
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Sick of just not having enough talent on the field along with poor coaching. I would take Young if we can get him cheap enough and just get rid of him if he punks out, I would take the risk.

better days
01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a perfect WR for the JETS.

SABURZFAN
01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
sounds like he needs a fresh start. bring him in on the cheap.

JoeMama
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
No thanks to :hoodratstuff:

IlluminatusUIUC
01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
I'd roll a 7th, conditional 6th rounder on him. He's a dumbass, but with so little invested then we have very little to lose.

Cali512
01-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Signing an idiot like this is the absolute worst thing a coaching staff can do. Especially a new one that's trying to gain respect of the players. Marrone and Nix would lose a lot of the team if we got Titus. No one wants him on there team, and hes doing absolutely nothing to make his situation better. People cant be stupid enough to really want him?

better days
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Signing an idiot like this is the absolute worst thing a coaching staff can do. Especially a new one that's trying to gain respect of the players. Marrone and Nix would lose a lot of the team if we got Titus. No one wants him on there team, and hes doing absolutely nothing to make his situation better. People cant be stupid enough to really want him?

Yeah, I'm sure Titus would take well to Marrone's hard nosed Coaching style.

PTI
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Well, he got released today................

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
dude is a section 8. no thanks... in fact, we dont really need him. we can get a better wr in the draft

Skooby
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Cheap flier but he's a good fit for Dallas, not us.

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
He doesn't fit what the offense wants to do, and we can get a guy who has the talent he does in the later rounds of the draft.

He doesn't just have "character concerns", he intentionally lined up in the wrong spots because he was throwing a temper tantrum because of not getting playing time. He also got into a fist fight with Louis Delmas in the offseason and has been nothing but a head case since his college days. The birth of his child was supposed to even him out and bring him into adulthood but he's done nothing but continue to be a headcase. Do not want him on this team. He's not even that "talented" to begin with. He's quick but he doesn't run good routes and he doesn't have good hands.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 04:02 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Slim
02-04-2013, 04:15 PM
This kid is a lost cause.

ParanoidAndroid
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Why would anyone want a dude with antisocial personality disorder on their team?

THRILLHO
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Cue the Patriots...

Meathead
02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

mama mia mama mia

gr8slayer
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, that's something that I don't think I've ever seen. He'll get a chance somewhere, but it shouldn't be in Buffalo.

better days
02-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah, that's something that I don't think I've ever seen. He'll get a chance somewhere, but it shouldn't be in Buffalo.

I am not that sure he will get a chance ANYWHERE in the NFL next year. He may have to play Arena Ball a year or two to rehab his reputation.

gr8slayer
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Eh, the NFL is all about second chances. The guy is too talented to not pick up, it just has to be a very stable team (NE, Baltimore, etc...).
I am not that sure he will get a chance ANYWHERE in the NFL next year. He may have to play Arena Ball a year or two to rehab his reputation.

better days
02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Eh, the NFL is all about second chances. The guy is too talented to not pick up, it just has to be a very stable team (NE, Baltimore, etc...).

No, the NFL is all about the BLACK BALL. Players & Coaches have both claimed to have been black balled in the NFL & found it difficult to get another job. If anyone deserves a black ball, it is Young.

PTI
02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
There is little chance this kid does NOT play on a team next year, 550K waive wire pick up, you kidding, he will be playing next year.

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
He will land in New England.

better days
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
He will land in New England.

I hope so. No better team to give Cancer to.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I hope so. No better team to give Cancer to.

No HARDER team to give Cancer to. For some reason they don't seem prone to distractions like other teams.

Mike13
02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/TitusDYoungSr

Looks like he's been goin off on Twitter rants lately. The guy has character issues, and obviously needs a change of scenery. His latest tweet: "Never needed the money. Give me a dollar and a ball, bet I come back #HallofFame"

Anyway, I know all the "Dick Jaurons" here are gonna talk this and that about his character, but I don't care. Yea, he's a punk, but the guy can play. He's got talent, he's got speed, he's got attitude, and he's only 23.

If the Lions ever decided they wanted to trade him, the Bills should (IMO) definitely think about it. We badly need a #2 WR and to me, this guy fits the profile.

No, no he cant.

T.O without the talent.

better days
02-05-2013, 12:09 PM
No HARDER team to give Cancer to. For some reason they don't seem prone to distractions like other teams.

The reason the Pats* haven't been prone to distractions in the past is Brady & the other leaders on that team. Brady is about the only leader left.

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Won't be a cancer because if he acts up he's gone.
They've had some good luck with Dillon and Talib.
Altough I don't think T. Young is as good as he thinks he is.

better days
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Won't be a cancer because if he acts up he's gone.
They've had some good luck with Dillon and Talib.
Altough I don't think T. Young is as good as he thinks he is.

And they got burned by Albert Haynsworth & I just read they are leery of giving Talib a contract because they don't trust him & he could become a FA.

Lexwhat
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
No, the NFL is all about the BLACK BALL. Players & Coaches have both claimed to have been black balled in the NFL & found it difficult to get another job. If anyone deserves a black ball, it is Young.

Well, the Rams took him. So much for that.

Saratoga Slim
02-05-2013, 07:04 PM
He needs to be on a team with an established locker room and settled coach. New England, Giants, San Fran, Baltimore, one of those teams. Put him in an atmosphere in flux, such as ours or any other team with a new coaching staff or unstable recent history, and the potential for disaster way outweighs the upside in my book.

fluteflakes
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Thank god the Rams picked him up.

Frenchman
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Not just a lost cause but a cancer to the Lions! Bet that they are relieved!

gloveus
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Terrible. We need to fire Nix already.

The Bills missing out on him to the Rams is just another example of how terrible and clueless this front office is. He's a future HoFer! It said so on his hashtag!

No, but seriously, if fans here couldn't stand Lynch, McGahee, and Whitner, there's no way a headcase like Young (who I think is way worse than these guys were) will last a single season before people are calling for his head.

fluteflakes
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
It's not like he's that talented either. He's a slot WR'er pure and simple. And don't we have ENOUGH of those?

gr8slayer
02-06-2013, 06:42 AM

That didn't take long... again, the NFL is all about second chances. It happens time and time again.

better days
02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
That didn't take long... again, the NFL is all about second chances. It happens time and time again.

I have to say I was surprised he got picked up. Yes the NFL is about 2nd chances, but usually when a guy causes problems like Young has, they have to show contrition before they get that chance. The Rams must be desperate.

fluteflakes
02-06-2013, 07:50 PM
The Rams are despirate. They don't have the cap room to keep Amendola and they really don't have any other slot guys on the roster. They were the only team to put in a claim, at all.

This is going to blow up in their faces, if being benched in Det didn't humble the kid, which since he said he's BETTER than Megatron just over a month ago, I don't think being cut and signed right away is going to humble him.

IMO the only way he could have had some perspective forced into him is if he had to take a year off and nobody signed him. But since he got signed off wavers he's going to continue to think he's gods gift to football and that the Lions were just stupid.

coastal
02-07-2013, 06:41 AM
And they got burned by Albert Haynsworth & I just read they are leery of giving Talib a contract because they don't trust him & he could become a FA.
Any little tweak of something and Talib ran for the bench and then stayed there.

it was weird watching it.

Gruden wouldn't shut up about the greatness of Talib and how he changed NEs defense the one game. Griden even plugged himself for drafting Talib. Then Aqib grabbed his hammy on one play and didn't come back.

He did it in a subsequent game as well.

he won't be back in NE, but Gruden is somewhat correct... the guy is a talent.

fluteflakes
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Talib was a top 5 corner 2 years ago for a reason, Talent has never been the issue, it's always been desire to improve and take to coaching, and his off the field problems.

Buddo
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Says something about the guy when only 1 team from 31 actually puts in a claim. The GM of the Lions, is quoted as saying that it was part of his job to gauge if there was any value to be had in a trade for the kid, and his judgement was, there wasn't. While losing a 2nd round pick for nothing, sucks, looks like he was spot on.
The only thing that can be said about the move, is that at least Jeff Fisher will be his HC. Fisher doesn't mess about, and if Young acts up, he will probably be out of the door soon enough.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
The Rams are done with him already.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/rams-already-done-with-titus-young-231077.html

SquishDaFish
02-15-2013, 07:27 PM
lol What a joke hahaha

Slim
02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
This kid is so lost.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
I'd roll a 7th, conditional 6th rounder on him. He's a dumbass, but with so little invested then we have very little to lose.

Look at this idiot ^^^. Wants to trade for Titus Young and then the kid gets arrest 3 times in 6 days for two felonies.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130512/SPORTS0101/305120346/1126/Former-Lions-receiver-Titus-Young-arrested-third-time-week

Meathead
05-12-2013, 02:40 PM
This kid is so lost

Skooby
05-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Can we pick him up as a FA so Da'Rick has someone to tutor?

j/k.

ServoBillieves
05-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Seems pretty level headed to me, bring him in!

casdhf
05-12-2013, 03:20 PM
He can star in the next remake of Longest Yard.

Jaydog57
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
I wonder which draft bust he idolizes more, Lawrence Phillips or Ryan Leaf.......

BillsFever21
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Nothing like going from a 2nd round pick in the NFL to be unemployed and arrested 3 times in a week just a couple years later. Nothing like a charge of burglary for breaking into a house when you are literally pissing away millions of dollars.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Buffalo needs this guy. With him Buffalo could steal a championship.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-12-2013, 07:05 PM
pretty sure this guy has a screw loose

Tatonka
05-12-2013, 08:27 PM
id really like to know why this idiot would break into a house..

IlluminatusUIUC
05-12-2013, 08:55 PM
This kid is so lost

It's ok, the police keep finding him.

Night Train
05-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Nice call. :rofl: 3 arrests in 1 week.

DraftBoy
05-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Its gone from joke to sad now.

Lexwhat
05-13-2013, 06:44 AM
lol...

:cynic:

Ingtar33
05-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Nice call. :rofl: 3 arrests in 1 week.

sounds like he's auditioning for the Bengals or Raiders.

TacklingDummy
05-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Without football how many players would be inmates?

Skooby
05-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Without football how many players would be inmates?

Aikman has been trying to commit a crime to get him all the male love he can handle.