PDA

View Full Version : Can we lose the Hobbits ?

Skooby
01-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Ennis / Gerbe don't belong in a NHL uniform, little men for a big game.

SabreEleven
01-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Besides Plus Ott and Minus Roy, this is the same exact team as the last two years. Why are we expecting different results?

OpIv37
01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Ennius is useless. The guy has had so many chances this year but fails to convert. He's Afinogenov II- all style no substance.

PTI
01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Sabres will severely miss Derek Roy this year. I would have much rather eliminated Ennis, who I do like, and without a doubt Gerbe. Getting Ott for Roy and expecting more scoring....ummmm no. Just not happening, Roy will double Ott's points this year. I thought Roy always got a bad shake here, and with a different coach he could have been better.

PTI
01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Should have traded Ott for Gerbe and Ennis

PTI
01-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Heck, I wish Buffalo tried to get Jagr.

don137
01-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Yea, Ennis and his bad faceoffs led to Hurricanes GW goal. Has done squat for second line center through four games. In fact done more harm than good for team.

Skooby
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Yea, Ennis and his bad faceoffs led to Hurricanes GW goal. Has done squat for second line center through four games. In fact done more harm than good for team.

If being a liability was an NHL asset, he's Gretzky.

OpIv37
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Sabres will severely miss Derek Roy this year. I would have much rather eliminated Ennis, who I do like, and without a doubt Gerbe. Getting Ott for Roy and expecting more scoring....ummmm no. Just not happening, Roy will double Ott's points this year. I thought Roy always got a bad shake here, and with a different coach he could have been better.

Uh, let's not go overboard.

Roy had plenty of chances here and did jack ****.

Crisis
01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
I've been on the fence about this until now, but Ruff needs to go.

This team also lacks a defensive center in a big way, absolutely pathetic on faceoffs... Without Miller this team would be terrible

I'm not losing faith in Ennis even though he's been terrible so far, he shouldn't be playing a center... good stretch last season made people forget he's really a winger.

PTI
01-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Uh, let's not go overboard.

Roy had plenty of chances here and did jack ****.

With the same coach in the same sad system? Like I said, if we got someone who could score more I would have liked it better.

clumping platelets
01-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Ott was not brought in here to increase scoring. He was acquired to increase grit. Roy was a cancer in the locker room.

chernobylwraiths
01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I can't believe we brought this free agent Scott in and he hasn't scored yet!

Skooby
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't believe we brought this free agent Scott in and he hasn't scored yet!

It upsets me too Al, how you been ?

OpIv37
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
With the same coach in the same sad system? Like I said, if we got someone who could score more I would have liked it better.

Roy's whole offensive game relies on speed. He has to enters the zone quickly and score off the initial rush. He's much less effective in puck possession/offensive zone cycle. Defenses know they just have to get a man in his face cuz he doesn't do well in traffic.

That's not going to change no matter what system he plays in. You're right that he will probably have more points than Ott, but Ott wasn't brought here for offensive production. That's why we have Vanek, Poms, Stafford, Hogson and Ennis.