• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

odd qb situation...

so most of agree, none of the qbs in the draft are 1st rd talent... some not even 2nd...

nix will not want to give up picks for alex smith, or at least high picks...

the market is then

matt flynn and matt moore?? or fitz....

who would you sign to start?

1) keep fitz
    2) sign flynn
    3) sign matt moore

im assuming we might just be stuck in taking a qb rd 1, none will be there in rd 2, and the choice will be even worse in comparison to other positional talent....

i get the feeling we might just sign flynn/moore and draft w/e qb they like rd 1
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 01-26-2013, 12:11 PM.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: odd qb situation...

flynn is not a free agent

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
      flynn is not a free agent

he will be... he has a 50 millon contract...

- - - Updated - - -

do you guys like matt moore? his stats are impressive, and he has upside...

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

I'd sign Matt Moore. No draft pick, and can start and play well while they bide their time for next year. But I'd still draft a QB later in the draft.
        Last edited by Goobylal; 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          I'd sign Matt Moore. No draft pick, can start and play well while they bide their time for next year. But I'd still draft a QB later in the draft.
          dude, the later you wait for a qb, the worse it gets...

i mean, dont they have to take a qb rd 1? didnt nix say they will probably have to reach...?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

i dont mind matt moore, more accuracy and stronger arm... and he has proven he can win.

but we cant go into the season with no decent qb prospect in rd 1

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I hope they don't reach. I would be OK with signing Moore or, preferably, the kid from New Orleans. Draft the best OL/DEF player at #8, and see who drops into the top of the second round before considering moving up for a QB to start day 2.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
                That remains to be seen. His salary for this season is only $5m. Someone might trade a late round pick for him. Maybe we could send them a QB in return that would be less costly....like Tavaris Jackson

If we had Flynn I'd be less worried about reaching for a QB in the 1st round

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

TJax is an UFA.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    I hope they don't reach. I would be OK with signing Moore or, preferably, the kid from New Orleans. Draft the best OL/DEF player at #8, and see who drops into the top of the second round before considering moving up for a QB to start day 2.
                    chase daniel is intriguing, but has proven nothing...

i think they would go with matt moore, at least you know you can win with him... either that or trade/sign flynn... flynn wouldnt cost to much for nix...

i think i like flynn because he lost to wilson, moore couldnt beat out tannehill... but both would be ok.

but THEY MUST take the best qb rd 1. just the way it is... sucks but you have to role the dice. even if he fails, you will have to role the dice again...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Flynn?? Not even close.

The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers quarterback Matt Flynn, the team announced Sunday.

The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

This one reports it as 3 years $19.5 million
                      A current summary of Seattle Seahawks 2024 player cap & cash figures.

In any event his salary escalates a lot this year so he still may end up a FA.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• K-Gun
                        Deal with it
                        • Jul 2003

We DO NOT have to take a QB in the 1st, especially when next year's QB class blows this class out of the water. This is the year to go DEFENSE in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The loser move is to take a qb in the first this year out of desperation. It would be like trading up for Losman and not drafting Rodgers b/c you invested a 1st round pick that you made when your back was against the wall.

There's going to be a killer LB/DE or even DT prospect available in the 1st and 2nd. Let's build a nasty D, and do what we have to do to get a true francise QB next year out of the 2 or 3 that are going to be there. None of these guys this year scream francise. Why set the new coach up to fail and force him to go all in on a bunk first hand?
                        Last edited by K-Gun; 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM.
                        [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by K-Gun View Post
                          We DO NOT have to take a QB in the 1st, especially when next year's QB class blows this class out of the water. This is the year to go DEFENSE in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The loser move is to take a qb in the first this year out of desperation. It would be like trading up for Losman and not drafting Rodgers b/c you invested a 1st round pick that you made when your back was against the wall.

There's going to be a killer LB/DE or even DT prospect available in the 1st and 2nd. Let's build a nasty D, and do what we have to do to get a true francise QB next year out of the 2 or 3 that are going to be there. None of these guys this year scream francise. Why set the new coach up to fail and force him to go all in on a bunk first hand?
                          but we will take a qb for sure, but when? ej manuel rd 3? nassib rd 2? landry jones rd 2?

im guessing a decent prospect will be there rd 2, but then its like we are drafting a qb to just draft a qb...

nassib in rd 2 seems like it would probably happen i guess.

so we take flynn or moore to start?

- - - Updated - - -

i just cant see us keeping fitz, the guy as serious limitations that moore and flynn dont have

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

i think flynn would make the most sense

Comment

• K-Gun
                              Deal with it
                              • Jul 2003

but we will take a qb for sure, but when? ej manuel rd 3? nassib rd 2? landry jones rd 2?

im guessing a decent prospect will be there rd 2, but then its like we are drafting a qb to just draft a qb...

nassib in rd 2 seems like it would probably happen i guess.

so we take flynn or moore to start?

- - - Updated - - -

i just cant see us keeping fitz, the guy as serious limitations that moore and flynn dont have
                              I'm more or less resigned to the Bills offense being all about the running game next year. I don't think we can pass up the opportunity to land a high impact LB/DL for Pettine's defense. Getting a true francise qb is essential for this coaching crew, but forcing it this year just might mean that it never happens.

I'd be ok with 1 of these qb's in the first, 2 of them in the second, and 2 of them in the third. I don't think the #1 guy is going to be there at 8. But there's serious questions with even him.

Patience is a virtue, and while its ben 13 years w/o the playoffs for Bills fans, there hasn't een been a single player picked for Marrone's Bills.
                              [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                              X