PDA

View Full Version : Sabres @ Caps GDT!!!

Skooby
01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Go Sabres!!!

YardRat
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
:gosabres:

Skooby
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Lets Roll!!

PTI
01-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Caps have 8 goals in 4 games, they better not explode for 4!!!

Crisis
01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
No Vanek today

SkateZilla
01-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Good start then they start to sputter... no Vanek to rescue them

YardRat
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
We need a couple of guys for face-offs. I miss Gaustad.

SabreEleven
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought these were suppose to be tougher...they look like the same pussies as always.

SkateZilla
01-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Im really getting tired of seeing goals scored because people are just standing around...

Comcast blames Hodgeson on the 1st caps goal, when the guy snuck in from the wing, and where was Poms?, just sittin in the back of the face off circle. not even concerned with his guy skating to the net.

Goal #2, all 3 HOdgeson, Poms, and both DMen were standing still, the puck went off all 3 players in front watching the play.

Skooby
01-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Ruff needs to go, this looks like the same s-different day.

I swear to God, Hecht is Ruff's love God. These guys have had 11 years of frock licking fun together & the affair needs to end.

SkateZilla
01-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Gee Hecht, dont hurt yourself trying to get to the shooter and block the shot....

Cleve
01-27-2013, 03:46 PM
The Ruff Decline begins. Terry Pegula needs to get rid of both Ruff and Regier at the end of this abortion of a season. Not sure why he would sign a new contract with Regier that will cost him money to break in June though - it's not like any other teams were going to be knocking down the Sabres door trying to hire Regier.

don137
01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
It is quite apparent Hodgson is a big defensive liability not to mention his poor faceoffs. I am sick of Hecht screwing up too. Stafford's fight against Hartnall is the only time in 5 games he has showed a pulse.
No passion with these guys.

PTI
01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Gerbe is not an NHL player. Just not big enough. Would love to be wrong.

OpIv37
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Hecht won't score all season.

That penalty he drew will be the extent of his contributions.

This team blows. Wish I could get my CI money back because they are headed for 12th in the conf

Crisis
01-27-2013, 04:14 PM
can this team win a ****ing faceoff

Skooby
01-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Can I get my CI money back?? We pull our goalie & field 5 players, WTF?? Who is minding the shop here ?? Maybe we need another coach, Lindy must go.

SabreEleven
01-27-2013, 04:15 PM
How do you call a time out, pull your goalie and then only put 5 guys out there? What the **** is going on? 2nd time they put one less guy on the ice then they should have this season.

OpIv37
3 straight losses to the Southeast. Inexcusable.

Cleve
Another poor outing for the Sabres. They've now plummeted BELOW .500, and they've lost 3 in a row to WINLESS teams!!!!

How long with Pegula's love-affair with Ruff and Regier last??? This is a soft team that's coached softly, and puts too much emphasis on 'finesse'.

PTI
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Worse then a QB sneak on first down. Time to just fire Lindy.

Skooby
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
How do you call a time out, pull your goalie and then only put 5 guys out there? What the **** is going on? 2nd time they put one less guy on the ice then they should have this season.

We need to get rid of Ruff, Pegula's love for the past fest is over.

don137
01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
3 straight losses to the Southeast. Inexcusable.

Other then Toronto the Sabres play to the level of the competition. When they play a good time they will step up but when they play a weak team like their last 3 games they play complacent and down to the level of the competition.

PTI
01-27-2013, 04:22 PM
This was a pretty sloppy game all around, Miller was average. Miller is good, and he is lucky too. Dude could have easily let up 4 more goals so far with all the posts he was beat clean on, and goal scoring Skinner flat out fanning right in front of the net.

This team could be worse then I thought, which was a 7th place playoff team.

Cleve
01-27-2013, 04:24 PM

Are you kidding me???? I didn't notice that. How can you pull the goalie and NOT have another player on the ice? That's just an inexcusable mistake for an NHL coach, especially one who's team didn't even make the playoffs last year.

And this happened in one of the other games? How can Terry Pegula put all that money into the team and let his coach pull the goalie twice and only put 5 guys on the ice????

OpIv37
01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you kidding me???? I didn't notice that. How can you pull the goalie and NOT have another player on the ice? That's just an inexcusable mistake for an NHL coach, especially one who's team didn't even make the playoffs last year.

And this happened in one of the other games? How can Terry Pegula put all that money into the team and let his coach pull the goalie twice and only put 5 guys on the ice????

The 1st time wasn't a pulled goalie situation. It was 4 on 4 and our penalty expired first so it went to 5 on 4 yet the Sabres only had 4 on the ice.

Just as inexcusable though

Cleve
01-27-2013, 04:45 PM
The 1st time wasn't a pulled goalie situation. It was 4 on 4 and our penalty expired first so it went to 5 on 4 yet the Sabres only had 4 on the ice.

Just as inexcusable though

The Buffalo sports media should just SHRED Lindy Ruff for mistakes like that - that's just outright HC incompetence. Inexcusable! Where is the media????

OpIv37
01-27-2013, 04:53 PM
The Buffalo sports media should just SHRED Lindy Ruff for mistakes like that - that's just outright HC incompetence. Inexcusable! Where is the media????

Come tomorrow I'm sure Gleason will be all over it. As far as the rest of them, we shall see...

Skooby
01-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Come tomorrow I'm sure Gleason will be all over it. As far as the rest of them, we shall see...

Pegula better be on it.

OpIv37
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Pegula better be on it.

No matter how bad it gets, nothing will happen until the season ends. And even then, it's gonna take epic failure to get it done.

Cleve
01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
No matter how bad it gets, nothing will happen until the season ends. And even then, it's gonna take epic failure to get it done.

I'm sorry, but the team being needlessly short-handed on the ice twice within a few days time, is already epic failure. That's the kind of thing that could make the Sabres the laughingstock of the league.

What is it, anyways, with Pegula's man crush for Ruff and Regier? It seemed clear last year that Ruff was losing the locker room, from player comments at the time and listless game play.

OpIv37
01-27-2013, 05:20 PM
To be fair to Pegula, he's only had two off seasons as owner, and given Golisano's cheapness, I can see why he thinks Lindy might do better if he's given better tools.

That being said, if this team doesn't do well this year, I'll be right there with you. Pegula better pull the plug on Ruff if **** doesn't change fast.

SkateZilla
01-27-2013, 05:41 PM

So If WSH Wins the Face Off and controls, Lindy Can Send out Miller quickly..

if We Control Faceoff, he sends in the 6th Man that no one would be covering.

It Makes Sense. and Other teams run that play too.

SabreEleven
01-28-2013, 08:43 AM
So If WSH Wins the Face Off and controls, Lindy Can Send out Miller quickly..

if We Control Faceoff, he sends in the 6th Man that no one would be covering.

It Makes Sense. and Other teams run that play too.

I've NEVER heard of teams doing that and I've been watching hockey longer than you have been alive. If they were running that stupid play, Miller should have been at the Sabres blue line. on 2nd thought, Miller should have just been in net because this team never wins the faceoff.

Cleve
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I don't understand Skatezilla's post. If the coach is gonna start after a time out with the team's goalie pulled, a 1 goal deficit, and a minute or so on the clock, then for heaven's sake have SIX players on the ice. Why wait to see who wins the faceoff?

To have started after the time out with the goalie pulled, and only 5 skaters on the ice is just indefensible. There is no logic or reason to doing so.

OpIv37
01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
There is never any reason to have one less player on the ice than you are allowed to have.

And if Wash wins the face-off, do you really think Miller is going to be able to come off the bench and skate all the way to the crease before Washington can get to neutral ice and take a shot? Please.

Skooby
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
There is never any reason to have one less player on the ice than you are allowed to have.

And if Wash wins the face-off, do you really think Miller is going to be able to come off the bench and skate all the way to the crease before Washington can get to neutral ice and take a shot? Please.

Ovenchicken missed an empty net from our blue-line.

SkateZilla
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Miller should have just been in net because this team never wins the faceoff.

Ditto.

It's not a play typically used in the NHL anymore, Only other place I've seen it was B-League Play.

- - - Updated - - -

The simple answer is it's a Ruffism.