X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

My top 7 mock and bills draft slash ideas

Im assuming we get a QB in FA. Bc i dont see a QB in the first 2 rounds. Vick/Smith/Moore

KC- Luke Joeckel T
    Jack- Jarvis Jones OLB/DE
    Oak- Star Lotulelei DT
    Phil- I really dont see anyone here, so im calling this as a trade down, but for my mocks sake, Jake Mathews
    Det- Demontre Moore DE
    Clev- Bjoern Werner OLB/DE
    Ariz- Eric Fisher OT
    Buf- Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB

2nd- Matt Elam SS- I understand when you have needs. But all the great MLBs are going to be off the board in the 2nd. This is a year that teams need to find replacements, especially in the later rounds. Balt, Chic, Cinc possibly. Elam has been clutch, is a big hitter, and makes plays. Hes fn amazing and hits hard as ****! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREjDTpTedE Every single hit is amazing
    3rd- Matt Scott QB

4th-7th- Mixes of LBs, a RB, and a TE

Now with Scott this is my thoughts. From watching him he reminds you of 2 players, Kaepernick and Wilson. He is the only QB in the class that is mobile and can make his own throws. Ran a no huddle offense in Arizona. His main keys are leadership, mobility, and he can make any play happen anywhere, at anytime. Hes 6-3, 197, which is skinny, but he can gain 10 pounds and make it almost un noticeable.

He did get benched when he one the starting job early in his career. Nick Foles took over and everyone saw how that went. But they had an offense more suited for Scott this year and he did amazing.

I think we can get a good WR in FA
    I mean look at them

Dwayne Bowe
    Mike Wallace
    Greg Jennings
    Wes Welker
    Danny Amendola
    Brian Hartline
    Julian Edelman
    Donnie Avery
    Terrell Owens
    Jerome Simpson
    Kevin Ogletree
    Randy Moss
    Braylon Edwards
    Donald Driver
    Austin Collie
    Josh Cribbs
    Domenik Hixon
    Ramses Barden
    Jabar Gaffney
    Brandon Stokley
    Brandon Gibson
    Plaxico Burress
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Johnny Knox
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Mark Clayton
    Donte' Stallworth
    Brandon Tate
    Ted Ginn
    Devery Henderson
    Louis Murphy
    Derek Hagan
    Chaz Schilens
    Sammie Stroughter
    Steve Smith (STL)
    Devin Aromashodu
    Adrian Arrington
    Courtney Roby
    Jason Hill
    Greg Camarillo
    Kassim Osgood
    Roscoe Parrish
    Big Mike Williams
    Lee Evans
    Micheal Spurlock
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Legedu Naanee
    Ruvell Martin
    Legedu Naanee

Id take 20 over Jones/Smith/Martin

Then for LB id look in free agents too. Get Bradie James or someone whos played ILB. I dont think our LBs are as bad as people say, i think Wanny had them in horrible position half the time. I mean 90% of the time it was gapping holes, not missed tackles. Thats usually coaching, especially if it happens all the time. Most LBs, if they have bad instincts, will usually be in the right area some of the time, because if the coach calls up the play right, you dont need ur instincts. You just needa get to the spot your supposed to. Our players were constantly moving to the wrong spot as soon as the play was called. Our LBs were matched up stupidly, we had players being used completely wrong. It just was pathetic

So we improve
    QB with Vick/Smith/Moore and a mobile strong armed rookie in the 3rd
    WR with a FA
    DE/OLB with a monster
    George Wilson with a hard hitting playmaker
    And Sheppard with a solid vet FA
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: My top 7 mock and bills draft slash ideas

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post

Bro, i wouldnt talk
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mouldsie
        • Aug 2012

I like it. I would lean towards a position other than SS only because I think Aaron Williams needs to switch positions and it's a decently deep position in this draft. Would prefer to take a shot at a WR/LB if one of comparable talent/grade is there. No problems with Ansah. With more experience and coaching he will be a beast. Where is Margus Hunt projected because adding him late in the draft as a developmental guy would be quite an athletic front!

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
          I like it. I would lean towards a position other than SS only because I think Aaron Williams needs to switch positions and it's a decently deep position in this draft. Would prefer to take a shot at a WR/LB if one of comparable talent/grade is there. No problems with Ansah. With more experience and coaching he will be a beast. Where is Margus Hunt projected because adding him late in the draft as a developmental guy would be quite an athletic front!

If you watch Elams videos, youll see how amazing he is. He hits like Ray Lewis (half his hits he barely flinches). He makes plays, and everything. Its one of those picks that win championships. When you can add a playmaker who can hit like he can. When one of the biggest issues was plays being made on the D whether it came in ints, hits, tfl. This guy can do it all, play in the box, level anyone coming in the center of the field. We do needa WR, but if we can get a decent vet who has been a number 2 before, then go out and get a late round WR then we should. Just go out and get a guy who can make plays even when not open. Like Devin Thomas or Hardy were supposed to be, but if you look at some young small school guys who are hungry and athletic, they're going to go after every pass like its to save there life. Which we need. Id look for the biggest freak past the 5th round. Guys who are from small schools but built and are strong. In the NFL to be a big time reciever you need one or more of 3 things, length, bulk, and smarts.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            Im assuming we get a QB in FA. Bc i dont see a QB in the first 2 rounds. Vick/Smith/Moore

KC- Luke Joeckel T
            Jack- Jarvis Jones OLB/DE
            Oak- Star Lotulelei DT
            Phil- I really dont see anyone here, so im calling this as a trade down, but for my mocks sake, Jake Mathews
            Det- Demontre Moore DE
            Clev- Bjoern Werner OLB/DE
            Ariz- Eric Fisher OT
            Buf- Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB

2nd- Matt Elam SS- I understand when you have needs. But all the great MLBs are going to be off the board in the 2nd. This is a year that teams need to find replacements, especially in the later rounds. Balt, Chic, Cinc possibly. Elam has been clutch, is a big hitter, and makes plays. Hes fn amazing and hits hard as ****! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREjDTpTedE Every single hit is amazing
            3rd- Matt Scott QB

4th-7th- Mixes of LBs, a RB, and a TE

Now with Scott this is my thoughts. From watching him he reminds you of 2 players, Kaepernick and Wilson. He is the only QB in the class that is mobile and can make his own throws. Ran a no huddle offense in Arizona. His main keys are leadership, mobility, and he can make any play happen anywhere, at anytime. Hes 6-3, 197, which is skinny, but he can gain 10 pounds and make it almost un noticeable.

He did get benched when he one the starting job early in his career. Nick Foles took over and everyone saw how that went. But they had an offense more suited for Scott this year and he did amazing.

I think we can get a good WR in FA
            I mean look at them

Dwayne Bowe
            Mike Wallace
            Greg Jennings
            Wes Welker
            Danny Amendola
            Brian Hartline
            Julian Edelman
            Donnie Avery
            Terrell Owens
            Jerome Simpson
            Kevin Ogletree
            Randy Moss
            Braylon Edwards
            Donald Driver
            Austin Collie
            Josh Cribbs
            Domenik Hixon
            Ramses Barden
            Jabar Gaffney
            Brandon Stokley
            Brandon Gibson
            Plaxico Burress
            Mohamed Massaquoi
            Johnny Knox
            Chad Johnson
            Deion Branch
            Mark Clayton
            Donte' Stallworth
            Brandon Tate
            Ted Ginn
            Devery Henderson
            Louis Murphy
            Derek Hagan
            Chaz Schilens
            Sammie Stroughter
            Steve Smith (STL)
            Devin Aromashodu
            Adrian Arrington
            Courtney Roby
            Jason Hill
            Greg Camarillo
            Kassim Osgood
            Roscoe Parrish
            Big Mike Williams
            Lee Evans
            Micheal Spurlock
            Mike Sims-Walker
            Legedu Naanee
            Ruvell Martin
            Legedu Naanee

Id take 20 over Jones/Smith/Martin

Then for LB id look in free agents too. Get Bradie James or someone whos played ILB. I dont think our LBs are as bad as people say, i think Wanny had them in horrible position half the time. I mean 90% of the time it was gapping holes, not missed tackles. Thats usually coaching, especially if it happens all the time. Most LBs, if they have bad instincts, will usually be in the right area some of the time, because if the coach calls up the play right, you dont need ur instincts. You just needa get to the spot your supposed to. Our players were constantly moving to the wrong spot as soon as the play was called. Our LBs were matched up stupidly, we had players being used completely wrong. It just was pathetic

So we improve
            QB with Vick/Smith/Moore and a mobile strong armed rookie in the 3rd
            WR with a FA
            DE/OLB with a monster
            George Wilson with a hard hitting playmaker
            And Sheppard with a solid vet FA

People needa look at Scott more. He beat USC and Oklahoma state. Also took Stanford to OT. Beat Nevada in there bowl game, they actually blew out oklahoma state. His team got 30+ points 10/13 games this year,

Individually he had

Only 2 games with under 200 yds which isnt bad, Geno was 2 yards from having 2 of his own. Andrew Lucks last year he had 2 100 yd games
            2 games with 400+ yds vs Oregon State and Stanford (more than Luck)
            9/13 games he had 2+ passing TDs (6 3 TD games, 1 4 TD game)
            Had 6 rushing TDs also last year, each in different games

I like this kid alot now

Im not saying hes Luck by any stretch of the imagination. Its just that he was the top QB of the past 10 yrs to come out so its fun to compare his stats

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I like the Scott pick, been pimping him here and there for awhile.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

All about Matt Scott

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I hate all of it but nonetheless very well thought out at least. Kudos.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                    • Jul 2002

What's the catch with Elam? With that kind of highlight reel he should be a 1st rounder, is he overagressive? The Jets draft in front of us in the second and they have a big need at safety, he might not make it to our pick.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                      What's the catch with Elam? With that kind of highlight reel he should be a 1st rounder, is he overagressive? The Jets draft in front of us in the second and they have a big need at safety, he might not make it to our pick.
                      he's an in the box SS. He played LB in high school and transititioned to S in college. Very strong hitter and will come up and put a lick on you but his weakness is his cover ability. He is very comparable to Donte Whitner actually in my opinion with a little more bulk

Comment

• CleveSteve
                        • Apr 2011

Matt Elam is the second-best safety in this class IMO after Vaccaro. I think Reid is overrated. I think he could go to the Ravens in the first. Heck, he could go to the Bengals in the first if Ogletree is gone.

Also, Jake Matthews is not in this draft. Philly should take an OL (Fisher?), but might take Milliner if he's there. I think Kelly is more likely to wait and take Manuel or Scott in the 4th or 5th than draft Smith in the first as well.

I also think you'd be regretting giving Geno Smith to the Jets for a decade to take Ansah there.
                        Last edited by CleveSteve; 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                          he's an in the box SS. He played LB in high school and transititioned to S in college. Very strong hitter and will come up and put a lick on you but his weakness is his cover ability. He is very comparable to Donte Whitner actually in my opinion with a little more bulk
                          Oddly Whitner was a corner in HS and early on

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

If we passed on Geno Smith for a project DE I would flip out.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              People needa look at Scott more. He beat USC and Oklahoma state. Also took Stanford to OT. Beat Nevada in there bowl game, they actually blew out oklahoma state. His team got 30+ points 10/13 games this year,

Individually he had

Only 2 games with under 200 yds which isnt bad, Geno was 2 yards from having 2 of his own. Andrew Lucks last year he had 2 100 yd games
                              2 games with 400+ yds vs Oregon State and Stanford (more than Luck)
                              9/13 games he had 2+ passing TDs (6 3 TD games, 1 4 TD game)
                              Had 6 rushing TDs also last year, each in different games

I like this kid alot now

Im not saying hes Luck by any stretch of the imagination. Its just that he was the top QB of the past 10 yrs to come out so its fun to compare his stats
                              Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              If we passed on Geno Smith for a project DE I would flip out.
                              Y Geno is not that great I think EJ is better then him actually
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X