PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a RB

YardRat
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
What does everyone think about Eddie Lacy. He didn't participate in the senior bowl practices, he is coming out of Alabama and runs with speed and power.

Early comparisons have him with a similar skill set to Michael Bush, could this work in our offense?

Mouldsie
01-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Not until round 6

PTI
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Would love Lacy, but someone will trade up and get him round 1 or he will go early round 2.

Sign Felix Jones!

tampabay25690
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
I think Lacy is good but not worthy of a 1-3 pick for us.
He is running behind the best O LINE in College ball.
His speed will hurt him at the next level, Ingram and Richardson were faster backs then lacy.

X-Era
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
What does everyone think about Eddie Lacy. He didn't participate in the senior bowl practices, he is coming out of Alabama and runs with speed and power.

Early comparisons have him with a similar skill set to Michael Bush, could this work in our offense?Like you I want a young RB. I like Lacy but If were going to spend a day two pick on a RB I'd rather gamble on Lattimore who may be able to play this season.

cookie G
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Only if we can get a 4th for Spiller.

It's what we do.

coastal
01-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Love Lacy... Love the running game... Hate QBs...

He reminds me of OJ Anderson.

too many other needs though.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-28-2013, 04:50 PM

Early comparisons have him with a similar skill set to Michael Bush, could this work in our offense?

Not to be an ass, but why? We have two very good backs and an allworld threat in Spiller. In fact spending a high round pick on an RB is the only thing that would enrage me more than wasting a high round pick on a DB>

YardRat
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Not to be an ass, but why? We have two very good backs and an allworld threat in Spiller. In fact spending a high round pick on an RB is the only thing that would enrage me more than wasting a high round pick on a DB>

We should draft somebody to replace Choice, and eventually FJax in 2014. In most of the prospect rankings that I have seen, they have him rated right around our third pick at #71. Personally, I don't think he'll be around at that point and wouldn't use a first or second him. However, I'm not against another high round DB as you are.