Ladies & Gentlemen Let Me Introduce your LA Falcons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Ladies & Gentlemen Let Me Introduce your LA Falcons.

A short while ago in a thread about the Bills moving to LA, I said the NFL did not really want a team in LA because the owners wanted to use LA as leverage against the Cities the are in. I was called crazy for saying that. Well, both the owners of the Carolina Panthers & now the Atlanta Falcons are using the threat of moving to LA to try to improve their Stadium situation. I have been proven correct without question & everyone that called me crazy owes me an apology.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Ladies & Gentlemen Let Me Introduce your LA Falcons.

but it's an option they'd more than be happy to fill.

Personally, i think Atlanta should keep their mouth shut. they are in a huge stadium built 15 years ago. leaving now is absurd. it was cutting edge when it was openned. and i'm sure they are happy with the size of boxes when established for olympics.

i get the towns with stadiums that are 25 years and older. those stadiums were built for a different NFL pricing era. When teams wanted really full stadiums and family friendly prices. Now its all about boxes and not sharing those revenues. so yeah, you want more boxes. stadiums from 25 years or earlier don't have that.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
      but it's an option they'd more than be happy to fill.

Personally, i think Atlanta should keep their mouth shut. they are in a huge stadium built 15 years ago. leaving now is absurd. it was cutting edge when it was openned. and i'm sure they are happy with the size of boxes when established for olympics.

i get the towns with stadiums that are 25 years and older. those stadiums were built for a different NFL pricing era. When teams wanted really full stadiums and family friendly prices. Now its all about boxes and not sharing those revenues. so yeah, you want more boxes. stadiums from 25 years or earlier don't have that.
      It is as I said. The owners want to use LA as leverage against the Cities they play in. The Stadium in Charlotte is not that old either. I doubt there will be another NFL team in LA in my lifetime.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

I'm am sorry that you are crazy
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

The Jerry Jones retractable dome will be built in Atlanta, we are down to 5 different contractors, it is going to happen.

Comment

• braddavery
            Politics Suck
            • Aug 2012

chocochipcookie.jpg

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
              I'm am sorry that you are crazy
              I think it is the CRAZY person calling me crazy. That often happens. Crazy people do not realize they are crazy. I have been proven CORRECT in what I said.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Why wouldn't they? Bilbo Krafty used Connecticut as leverage against Massachusetts to get a nice new stadium. He even had a signed agreement.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I thought Jerry Richardson publicly denied any interest at all in moving to LA?
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

I'm so glad that finally these stories have no link to the Bills anymore.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I thought Jerry Richardson publicly denied any interest at all in moving to LA?
                      There is a link on profootballtalk.com in the article about the Falcons using LA as leverage. Richardson 76 years old, heart transplant, fired his sons three years ago, refuses to announce a succession plan. No comment about LA.

Comment

• Mike
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        It is as I said. The owners want to use LA as leverage against the Cities they play in. The Stadium in Charlotte is not that old either. I doubt there will be another NFL team in LA in my lifetime.
                        Owners, players, etc... we all use any leverage we can get and LA is great leverage. It offers an element of Fear, which is a great motivator. Owner use LA, the same way players say they wont every play for xyz franchise etc... Its all leverage bs and most fans take them for face value, they buy the rumors and sell the fact.
                        Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Owners, players, etc... we all use any leverage we can get and LA is great leverage. It offers an element of Fear, which is a great motivator. Owner use LA, the same way players say they wont every play for xyz franchise etc... Its all leverage bs and most fans take them for face value, they buy the rumors and sell the fact.
                          Agreed. Leverage is used in all business in the world. It is even used on a personal level. But if a team is put in LA, the NFL loses that leverage.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            I think it is the CRAZY person calling me crazy. That often happens. Crazy people do not realize they are crazy. I have been proven CORRECT in what I said.
                            Time to look in the mirror.

Comment

• EricStratton
                              • Jul 2002

If the Falcons move to LA teams will just use Atlanta as leverage.

The results will be the same.

Now if a city like San Diego or Charlotte were to lose a team they aren't as viable as Atlanta that would change things.

Comment

Working...
                              X