X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Would You...

This question relies on a number of assumption which may or may not be true. Assuming that Mallet looks great in practice, the same way Rogers did in GB, would you do what the Packers did in letting an aging player go?

Assumption: Mallet looks great in practice/ pre-season games.
    Assumption: Mallet will be FA soon
    Assumption: Brady is open to any trade
    Assumption: You can get 2 first round picks for Brady (35yo)

Would you trade him for the Picks (2 1st rounders) with a team like AZ, NYJ, Buf, etc that is sure to draft top 10?
    Please Make Sense
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Would You...

I'll assume that Belichick understands that Mallet isn't what you think he is.

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
      I'll assume that Belichick understands that Mallet isn't what you think he is.
      I dont know what Mallet is, so I am 'really' assuming nothing.

Its a very hypothetical question which exists in a 'what if nfl' world (you know like the segment the 'What NifL')
      However, if these assumptions were valid -in the NifL-, and you were the decision maker what would you do?
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

It would take more than 2 first rounders for me to move Brady in favor of Mallett. Hell, Belicheck didn't trade Bledsoe until after he cheated his way to his first Lombardi trophy and Brady proved himself capable of leading a championship caliber team.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bone
          Bone
          • Oct 2006

If the Bills ever obtained Brady, I would spit on him.
          BILLIEVE

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

No, I wouldn't deal Brady. As long as they have him, their championship window is open. If anything, the Pats should be dealing picks away to bring in immediate help, like they tried with Ocho and Haynesworth.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• EricStratton
              • Jul 2002

If this is a conversation held in 2 years I think it's a valid question.

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

I would try to get Mallet if i could, but i dont think BB will let him out of his grasp. He has something cookin with him. Mallet is big, and has an incredible arm. He can throw the ball anywhere with ease, which will be a nightmare when he starts.
                Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  It would take more than 2 first rounders for me to move Brady in favor of Mallett. Hell, Belicheck didn't trade Bledsoe until after he cheated his way to his first Lombardi trophy and Brady proved himself capable of leading a championship caliber team.
                  Great response. Sometimes these things happen before you know it. When Montana got injured it opened the door for Steve Young who went on to win league MVP. Faced witha great, but tough proposition, the 49ers traded Montana away. In Jan of 2011, did anyone see Manning being the Broncos QB starting QB in Sep of 2012? At that time, the idea may have seemed imposible.
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Great response. Sometimes these things happen before you know it. When Montana got injured it opened the door for Steve Young who went on to win league MVP. Faced witha great, but tough proposition, the 49ers traded Montana away. In Jan of 2011, did anyone see Manning being the Broncos QB starting QB in Sep of 2012? At that time, the idea may have seemed imposible.
                    Mallet is NOT Young or Luck. He is Cassel. If the Pats* could sucker a team into trading a 1st for Mallet, I'm sure they would but I doubt they trade Brady.

Comment

Working...
                    X