PDA

View Full Version : it makes more cap sense to resign rinehart, let levitre walk...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
1- he plays guard, not a high value position
2- rinehart is still young, and graded out as a top 12 guard in 011
3- he is stronger and has more mass/size than levitre.
4- putting 40-50 mil into a guard doesnt make financial sense...
5- zebrie sanders has good upside and could develop...
6- levitre is not a LT

Bangarang
01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Except for Levitre not being a LT every other point you attempted to make is bad.

1. He's been consistently good to great. He's valuable to this team. Unless he wants $8 mil or something ridiculous.
2. How many plays was Rhineheart graded for compared to Levitre.
3. Can you prove that he's stronger? Not sure how you can substantiate that part.
4. This team has consistently spent little on players and now that we're giving money to productive players people want to try and save Ralph a buck? How's does resigning Levitre cripple us salary cap wise?
5. Sanders is a scrub right now. Where is this upside coming from and how long are we supposed to wait for it to show?
6. What does his have to do with anything?

coastal
01-29-2013, 07:03 PM
7. Go hump your cat.

malvado78
01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
It makes more sense for you to stop posting...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Except for Levitre not being a LT every other point you attempted to make is bad.

1. He's been consistently good to great. He's valuable to this team. Unless he wants $8 mil or something ridiculous.
2. How many plays was Rhineheart graded for compared to Levitre.
3. Can you prove that he's stronger? Not sure how you can substantiate that part.
4. This team has consistently spent little on players and now that we're giving money to productive players people want to try and save Ralph a buck? How's does resigning Levitre cripple us salary cap wise?
5. Sanders is a scrub right now. Where is this upside coming from and how long are we supposed to wait for it to show?
6. What does his have to do with anything?

1- he will be testing the market and get 8-9 mil a year.
2 12 games in 2011
3- i watch him play, he gets more pop and is a mauler more so than a technique guard like levitre. its in their scouting report too
4- again, 40-50 mil on a guard does hurt the team cap wise...
5- 4 years starter at fl st. also played LT. ive seen him play and he has solid tools. and nix has a proven record with olineman.
6- because id rather use that money on other positions and glenn when he is a fa

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
levitre is good, but lets be real... hes no larry allen or ruben brown...

DynaPaul
01-29-2013, 09:01 PM
And he posts half naked pictures of the chicks he's banging on Twitter.

kingJofNYC
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Makes more sense for you to stop posting.

OpIv37
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
It makes more cap sense to let every single FA walk and backfill with rookies and guys from other teams'practice squads making vet min.

But the goal isn't to save as much cap as possible. It's to put a winning product on the field with the constraint of the salary cap. Good cap decisions aren't always good football decisions.

jimmifli
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM
He's the best player on the oline.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gSAbnFNHRyo/S60CnRNONhI/AAAAAAAAAUU/erYa9JcUqBI/s320/teddy+kgb.jpg

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2013, 11:07 PM
It makes more cap sense to let every single FA walk and backfill with rookies and guys from other teams'practice squads making vet min.

But the goal isn't to save as much cap as possible. It's to put a winning product on the field with the constraint of the salary cap. Good cap decisions aren't always good football decisions.

thats not what i said.

i said with his position, his replacement, it makes sense to not resign him...

- - - Updated - - -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gSAbnFNHRyo/S60CnRNONhI/AAAAAAAAAUU/erYa9JcUqBI/s320/teddy+kgb.jpg

no, hes not. i think wood is... glenn is more talented, but not better yet...

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
It doesn't make any sense to let your best lineman walk. Why some people are so stupid and can't get this through their head blows my mind.

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Also this is the first year that teams have to spend up to the cap. So any dummies out there worried about the cap need to wake the **** up. The Bills need to spend the money, so spend the money on good players, especially the ones you developed.

Also, this board was so much better when MDP was posting under one of his other names. It seemed the stupidity wasn't as strong.

jamze132
01-29-2013, 11:45 PM

I can't believe you keep giving this poster more attention by responding to his crap posts. You're better than that Op.

venis2k1
01-30-2013, 08:28 AM
It all depends on what kind of money his is gonna get. Its difficult for me to judge his market.

Levitre is a good player, but is it worth 8 or 9 million a year? no way.

Pinkerton Security
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
I can't believe you keep giving this poster more attention by responding to his crap posts. You're better than that Op.

We should really just make a sticky thread letting everyone know they shouldnt respond to any of his posts.

trapezeus
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
please read for the like the millionth time in pre-superbowl articles, "the two teams who got to this year's dance are teams that build internally"

This remains consistent over the last 10 years or so. WE finally drafted a guy without injury problems, who follows the game plan, who isn't a primadonna, who likes being here, and overall provides a lot of depth when other people go down. And you want to let him walk?

the lines are the most important part of football where you don't have to rely on superstar talent at qb or CB. The bills won't have a superstar qb for at least another 3 years, we are going to have rookies and journeymen this upcoming year. if you even remotely want to pretend we'll be competitive, keep your absolute best linemen. It's expensive, and it sucks. but you do it if winning is important.

If balance the credits and debits is important, then sure, let levitre walk and hope your subpar scouting department can fall back ass into another decent lineman.

better days
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
please read for the like the millionth time in pre-superbowl articles, "the two teams who got to this year's dance are teams that build internally"

This remains consistent over the last 10 years or so. WE finally drafted a guy without injury problems, who follows the game plan, who isn't a primadonna, who likes being here, and overall provides a lot of depth when other people go down. And you want to let him walk?

the lines are the most important part of football where you don't have to rely on superstar talent at qb or CB. The bills won't have a superstar qb for at least another 3 years, we are going to have rookies and journeymen this upcoming year. if you even remotely want to pretend we'll be competitive, keep your absolute best linemen. It's expensive, and it sucks. but you do it if winning is important.

If balance the credits and debits is important, then sure, let levitre walk and hope your subpar scouting department can fall back ass into another decent lineman.

I pretty much agree, but I think the scouting dept has improved greatly since Nix was hired.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
It doesn't make any sense to let your best lineman walk. Why some people are so stupid and can't get this through their head blows my mind.

hes not out best olineman...

sorry, but hes a guard... and we have a solid replacement..

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, but i see no difference between rinehart and levitre. id rather use the money on a more impact position.

it would be one thing if we didnt have other solid olineman... but we do

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Also this is the first year that teams have to spend up to the cap. So any dummies out there worried about the cap need to wake the **** up. The Bills need to spend the money, so spend the money on good players, especially the ones you developed.

Also, this board was so much better when MDP was posting under one of his other names. It seemed the stupidity wasn't as strong.

which is why i want the money spent on a higher impact position...

trapezeus
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I pretty much agree, but I think the scouting dept has improved greatly since Nix was hired.

read me the names of the picks from rounds 2-7 from the years 2010-2012. Show me where they've added depth. They've cut draftees...these guys are worse than the jauron bunch at times. the only reason we don't make such a big deal about it is that they haven't picked total duds in the first round. But those 3 lackluster years of drafts from round 2-7 will keep this team behind times.

Pinkerton Security
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
which is why i want the money spent on a higher impact position...

we have the cap room, why wouldnt we lock up ONE of our best lineman...regardless of your opinion of how good you think he is, hes a very good player and we dont have many of those.

trapezeus
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
what high impact player are you getting? a qb? who no one feels particularly strong about. You want to put him behind a line where rhinehart who is good depth becomes a starter and then risk an injury/poor play?

what glitter position do you want to get where having a good line isn't important. JP might have been someone had he had protection and coaching. edwards could have kept growing if he wasn't obliterated in arizona.

Your method of building this team will keep the team spinning its wheels in mediocrity.

you can be a playoff team with an average qb. You may even get lucky to win a superbowl with an average qb. but that entirely relies on a dominant OL and a great DL. If you buy that we are heading in the right direction, then you can't blow up the one thing they've managed to build up.

Extremebillsfan247
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
1- he plays guard, not a high value position 2- rinehart is still young, and graded out as a top 12 guard in 011 3- he is stronger and has more mass/size than levitre. 4- putting 40-50 mil into a guard doesnt make financial sense... 5- zebrie sanders has good upside and could develop... 6- levitre is not a LT It's only a high value when he's the best offensive lineman you've got.

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
hes not out best olineman...

sorry, but hes a guard... and we have a solid replacement..

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, but i see no difference between rinehart and levitre. id rather use the money on a more impact position.

it would be one thing if we didnt have other solid olineman... but we do

You are a ******.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
The only way I could get behind letting Levitre walk is if we were taking a run at a highpriced FA QB or something like that. There is no reason to let him walk, frankly I'd much rather let Wood walk because of his repeated injuries.

gr8slayer
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM

/thread

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
what high impact player are you getting? a qb? who no one feels particularly strong about. You want to put him behind a line where rhinehart who is good depth becomes a starter and then risk an injury/poor play?

what glitter position do you want to get where having a good line isn't important. JP might have been someone had he had protection and coaching. edwards could have kept growing if he wasn't obliterated in arizona.

Your method of building this team will keep the team spinning its wheels in mediocrity.

you can be a playoff team with an average qb. You may even get lucky to win a superbowl with an average qb. but that entirely relies on a dominant OL and a great DL. If you buy that we are heading in the right direction, then you can't blow up the one thing they've managed to build up.

your premise begs the question...

if rinehart really that much of a difference from levitre??

- - - Updated - - -

You are a ******.

great argument

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2013, 08:23 PM
your premise begs the question...

if rinehart really that much of a difference from levitre??

Do you actually watch the Bills play football?

fluteflakes
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
You're right, we totally shouldn't resign our lone All-pro caliber lineman who is the best run blocking guard in the league because his back-up came in and didn't completely **** the bed.

Brilliant logic there. Because you know the Bills totally aren't in the position we are now because we continue to draft and develop great talent only to let them leave once they become great. Nope. Not at all.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
You're right, we totally shouldn't resign our lone All-pro caliber lineman who is the best run blocking guard in the league because his back-up came in and didn't completely **** the bed.

Brilliant logic there. Because you know the Bills totally aren't in the position we are now because we continue to draft and develop great talent only to let them leave once they become great. Nope. Not at all.

I said we shouldnt resign him for 40-50 mil...

also, rinehart didnt just play ok, he was a top 12 guard.

levitre is not the best run blocking guard in the league, lol...

if we can make it work with the cap, then sure. but i dont want to lose dareus, carrington, wood, glenn, hairston, donald jones, spiller down the road

- - - Updated - - -

You are a ******.

btw, smoke some pot...

that might help

Bone
01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Levitre should get 6 mil a year or gtfo

SABURZFAN
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
7. Go hump your cat.

he did that before he started the list.

BertSquirtgum
01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
I said we shouldnt resign him for 40-50 mil...

also, rinehart didnt just play ok, he was a top 12 guard.

levitre is not the best run blocking guard in the league, lol...

if we can make it work with the cap, then sure. but i dont want to lose dareus, carrington, wood, glenn, hairston, donald jones, spiller down the road

- - - Updated - - -

btw, smoke some pot...

that might help

Do you just make **** up? If rhinehart was so good......why didn't he start over Urbik?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Do you just make **** up? If rhinehart was so good......why didn't he start over Urbik?

i didnt say he was better than our two, just that he was a notch below...

its called pff

i dont make **** up

JoeMama
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
It makes sense to let Levitre walk?

Sometimes I can't believe the stuff I read on this forum.

Oaf
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Rhinehart's decent. I'd rather have Anquan Bolden and Rhinehart than Levitre and Donald Jones.

streetkings01
02-01-2013, 09:42 AM
It makes more sense to resign them both. Rinehart is a great backup for the RG/LG spot. This team finally has a good oline with good depth............we went a whole decade seeing terrible oline play from this organization........lets not screw it up.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-01-2013, 10:05 AM
It makes more sense to resign them both. Rinehart is a great backup for the RG/LG spot. This team finally has a good oline with good depth............we went a whole decade seeing terrible oline play from this organization........lets not screw it up.

dude, i want to also. but there is a cap, and you cant resign everyone... you need to be smart about positional value.

it's easy to replace a guard...

JoeMama
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
We have $20.6 million in cap space.

We're well within our means to resign both Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd.

This should be a non-issue.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
We have $20.6 million in cap space.

We're well within our means to resign both Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd.

This should be a non-issue.

dont we have to sign wood, glenn, jones, spiller, dareus, carrington, shepp, searcy...

JoeMama
02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
dont we have to sign wood, glenn, jones, spiller, dareus, carrington, shepp, searcy...

Nope. Not this year.

The only exception is Donald Jones (a restricted free agent) but he won't command a big salary if we decide to bring him back.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM

We just drafted Glenn a year ago and Dareus the year before that. Spiller and Wood are coming up soon but if Wood can't stay healthy I don't know that we should sign him. Jones, Carrington, Shepp, and Searcy aren't going to command real money.

jimmifli
02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
It makes sense to let Levitre walk?

Sometimes I can't believe the stuff I read on this forum.

Me reading this thread:
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/llama-stare-gif.gif

Oaf
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
dude, i want to also. but there is a cap, and you cant resign everyone... you need to be smart about positional value.

it's easy to replace a guard...

I don't disagree with this..

fluteflakes
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
It's not easy to replace a guard. I don't know where you're getting that from.

BertSquirtgum
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
i didnt say he was better than our two, just that he was a notch below...

its called pff

i dont make **** up

You just lied. You said he was a top 12 guard. You made that **** up fool. Please stop posting.

feldspar
02-01-2013, 12:56 PM

Exactly. I don't think that anything else needs to be said by counterpoint to the ridiculous premise of the OP.

All positions on the o-line are important, and you are often only as strong as your weakest link, as they say. The notion that LT is the only REALLY important position on the line is also ridiculous. Buffalo is FINALLY getting a semblance of a decent o-line, and some people are willing to get stingy enough to let the best player on it walk? I don't get it.

Where do you think much of the success in the run-game has been coming from the past couple of years? You think that Tom Brady would like it better without Logan Mankins?

You NEED good Guards. Period. End of story. We got an extremely dependable one, and we need to keep him. There is no reason to downgrade to save money; in fact, if we do that, I'll be pissed.

justasportsfan
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
We're not some constant playoff contender that we can afford to just let our best/proven players go after we develop them . As a matter of fact, we need to keep them. We can't keep moving backwards by replacing our proven players with rookies who may not pan out.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
well, it looks like i am going to be right. AGAIN!

- - - Updated - - -

You just lied. You said he was a top 12 guard. You made that **** up fool. Please stop posting.

No, pff said that.... you mad bro?

kingJofNYC
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
It also looks like the Bills are going to suck again.

Still haven't resigned Rinehart so the delusional nut huggers can stop singing his praise, they're letting him go too. Deep OL class, they're drafting someone.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
It makes more sense for you to stop posting...

Why he is 100% right....

bf1
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Buddy's master plan is to build through the draft. How the f does that work when you let the best players you draft walk?

"stay the course buddy"

Sick of this guy so much.

EDS
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Buddy's master plan is to build through the draft. How the f does that work when you let the best players you draft walk?

"stay the course buddy"

Sick of this guy so much.

With Buddy's track record for drafting and building a winning football team how can you doubt him?

Mike
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM

You will never be able to build via the draft if you let your talented players walk after their rookie contracts.

I would rather have Levitre at 7M than McFumbles at 5M yet the 'Cap Guys' defend that move. Look at the 2 basic options:

Levitre @ 7M
No McFumbles and draft a CB who will most likely be better
Total spent 8M and 2 positions covered

McFumbles @ 5M
No Levitre and draft G who will most likely be far worst.
Total Spent 6M and no positions covered well....

kingJofNYC
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
You can't assume the CB you draft will be far better, and you can't assume the G you draft will be far worse, but in general I agree with your point.

McKelvin is a waste of resources, Levitre is not.

Mike
03-11-2013, 11:13 PM
You can't assume the CB you draft will be far better, and you can't assume the G you draft will be far worse, but in general I agree with your point.

McKelvin is a waste of resources, Levitre is not.

The assumptions are based on probabilities. The point however you got, I would rather spend money on a resource than wast it...
To me its ironic however that the Bills do just that quite consistently. They let guys like Greer, Lynch, Peters, etc... walk while resining guys like McFumbles, Kelsey, etc... Its shameful :(