X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

New rule?

Weber got the instigator in his fight but wasn't kicked out. Since when does that happen? Did they let him stay because he lost the fight?
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: New rule?

You get an extra 2 for instigator...I've never heard of getting kicked out for 1 instigator penalty.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
      You get an extra 2 for instigator...I've never heard of getting kicked out for 1 instigator penalty.
      There was a rule i recall that if you got an instigator penalty you got a game misconduct. Maybe that rule changed.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

That's the third man in rule I believe.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

He got a 10 minute misconduct penalty added.

Comment

• Mski
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The King View Post
            That's the third man in rule I believe.
            that is what the instigator rule is
            RIP Tommy D!
            12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

You get a 10 minute misconduct with a 2 minute instigator, not a GAME MISCONDUCT.

GAME MISCONDUCT = Bye Bye... You're Done.

MISCONDUCT = REF Wants your ass to sit in the penalty box for 15 minutes.
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• mightysimi
                Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mski View Post
                that is what the instigator rule is
                No 3rd man in is where you jump in on another fight. Instigator used to get kicked out as a deterrent to instigating fights. They might have changed it.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                  No 3rd man in is where you jump in on another fight. Instigator used to get kicked out as a deterrent to instigating fights. They might have changed it.
                  Right like if you're trying to fight with Seguin and Thornton comes in and takes you out.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

46.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.
                    A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting and a ten-minute misconduct.
                    It was all

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

46.16 Third Man In - A game misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player who is the first to intervene (third man in) in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalties incurred in the same incident.
                      This rule also applies to subsequent players who elect to intervene in the same or other altercations during the same stoppage of play.
                      It was all

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

He was not 3rd man in, he was instigator, he got extra 2, and extra 10

Comment

• SkateZilla
                          • Dec 2002

He was the instigator,
                          It was a perfect representation of the rule.

he skated from HIS D Zone, across 3 lines into HIS Offensive Zone, Ignoring the Play, and going straight after the Guy that Hammered his player.

Instigator -
                          An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria:

distance traveled; - Check
                          gloves off first; -Check
                          first punch thrown; -Check
                          menacing attitude or posture; -Check
                          verbal instigation or threats; -Check
                          conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; -Check
                          obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season. -Check
                          Skate Zilla
                          -----------------------
                          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by don137 View Post
                            There was a rule i recall that if you got an instigator penalty you got a game misconduct. Maybe that rule changed.
                            That is what I thought as well. Now there seems to be something about "aggressor". I don't remember that being added, but I guess that is a good thing.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Wow! Thanks SkateZilla for clearing that up for us!
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X