PDA

View Full Version : New rule?

chernobylwraiths
01-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Weber got the instigator in his fight but wasn't kicked out. Since when does that happen? Did they let him stay because he lost the fight?

SabreEleven
01-30-2013, 06:25 AM
You get an extra 2 for instigator...I've never heard of getting kicked out for 1 instigator penalty.

don137
01-30-2013, 07:13 AM
You get an extra 2 for instigator...I've never heard of getting kicked out for 1 instigator penalty.

There was a rule i recall that if you got an instigator penalty you got a game misconduct. Maybe that rule changed.

The King
01-30-2013, 07:20 AM
That's the third man in rule I believe.

PTI
01-30-2013, 08:23 AM
He got a 10 minute misconduct penalty added.

Mski
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
That's the third man in rule I believe.
that is what the instigator rule is

SkateZilla
01-30-2013, 11:38 AM
You get a 10 minute misconduct with a 2 minute instigator, not a GAME MISCONDUCT.

GAME MISCONDUCT = Bye Bye... You're Done.

MISCONDUCT = REF Wants your ass to sit in the penalty box for 15 minutes.

mightysimi
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
that is what the instigator rule is

No 3rd man in is where you jump in on another fight. Instigator used to get kicked out as a deterrent to instigating fights. They might have changed it.

The King
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
No 3rd man in is where you jump in on another fight. Instigator used to get kicked out as a deterrent to instigating fights. They might have changed it.
Right like if you're trying to fight with Seguin and Thornton comes in and takes you out.

The King
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
46.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting and a ten-minute misconduct.

The King
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM
46.16 Third Man In - A game misconduct penalty (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26306), at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player who is the first to intervene (third man in) in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalties incurred in the same incident.
This rule also applies to subsequent players who elect to intervene in the same or other altercations during the same stoppage of play.

PTI
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
He was not 3rd man in, he was instigator, he got extra 2, and extra 10

SkateZilla
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
He was the instigator,
It was a perfect representation of the rule.

he skated from HIS D Zone, across 3 lines into HIS Offensive Zone, Ignoring the Play, and going straight after the Guy that Hammered his player.

Instigator -
An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria:

distance traveled; - Check
gloves off first; -Check
first punch thrown; -Check
menacing attitude or posture; -Check
verbal instigation or threats; -Check
conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; -Check
obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season. -Check

chernobylwraiths
01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
There was a rule i recall that if you got an instigator penalty you got a game misconduct. Maybe that rule changed.

That is what I thought as well. Now there seems to be something about "aggressor". I don't remember that being added, but I guess that is a good thing.

JD
01-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Wow! Thanks SkateZilla for clearing that up for us!

SabreEleven
01-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Wow! Thanks SkateZilla for clearing that up for us!

It kills me when Skate thinks he is the only one who watches hockey and has to explain stuff like this is a Glamour website.

SkateZilla
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
See when force y is applied to force b and force x intersects with force e, then force t is applied to force p and the puck goes to the back of the net with force b.

SabreEleven
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
See when force y is applied to force b and force x intersects with force e, then force t is applied to force p and the puck goes to the back of the net with force b.

You should send that formula to Lindy. He could probably use it.

SkateZilla
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
he uses formula c, which is force r applied to force a which equals for p,.