01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Holy crap...that was amazing.

Skooby
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
He leads the whole league in total points:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm

bosshogg21
02-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Just waiting for Op to come in and find something wrong with his performance tonight.

rbochan
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Who's captain again?

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Just waiting for Op to come in and find something wrong with his performance tonight.

No complaints tonight. He put up the points and didnt make his usual stupid offensive zone penalty. Great game.

PTI
02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
No complaints tonight. He put up the points and didnt make his usual stupid offensive zone penalty. Great game.

That penalty was a terrible call the other night considering the beating he took that whole game. IT wasn't even that bad of a take down.

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Btw this game is a perfect example of why I'm so critical of Vanek. Like it or not, if he's not damn near perfect, this team loses. He got 5 points, but if he had gotten any less than 4, Sabres lose. They don't have the pieces to win without Vanek playing like a superstar, and that's at least partially due to Vanek's cap hit.

But, again, no complaints this game. He played up to his contract and then some.

PTI
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, until they get any kind of secondary scoring.............

Skooby
02-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Btw this game is a perfect example of why I'm so critical of Vanek. Like it or not, if he's not damn near perfect, this team loses. He got 5 points, but if he had gotten any less than 4, Sabres lose. They don't have the pieces to win without Vanek playing like a superstar, and that's at least partially due to Vanek's cap hit.

But, again, no complaints this game. He played up to his contract and then some.

He could of gotten 3 points & we'd win by a goal (7-4 win), just sayin'.

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Well, until they get any kind of secondary scoring.............

Well I'm sure Leino will be back soon :snicker:

But seriously, we need Grigs to catch up and Foligno and Stafford to wake up. Now.

PTI
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Well I'm sure Leino will be back soon :snicker:

But seriously, we need Grigs to catch up and Foligno and Stafford to wake up. Now.

I want Leino to play wing with Grigs and Stafford, or a double shifted Pomminville.

SkateZilla
02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Maybe we should restrict Vanek to 48 games every year.

gebobs
02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Btw this game is a perfect example of why I'm so critical of Vanek. Like it or not, if he's not damn near perfect, this team loses. He got 5 points, but if he had gotten any less than 4, Sabres lose.
So why does that incite your criticism of Vanek? It seems to me you hold him to an unrealistic standard and then give the rest of the team a pass when he doesn't meet it every game.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
So why does that incite your criticism of Vanek? It seems to me you hold him to an unrealistic standard and then give the rest of the team a pass when he doesn't meet it every game.

Uhhhh, do you even read my posts? I hardly give the rest of the team a pass.

And it didn't "incite" my criticism of Vanek. I wasn't critical of him in this thread. An example is it the same as something that incites.

And you completely miss the point. It doesn't matter if the expectation is realistic or not. The reality is that if Vanek doesn't live up to that standard, the team loses, as you saw in the last two games. He's getting paid to be perfect and the team is counting on him being perfect.

Skooby
02-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Uhhhh, do you even read my posts? I hardly give the rest of the team a pass.

And it didn't "incite" my criticism of Vanek. I wasn't critical of him in this thread. An example is it the same as something that incites.

And you completely miss the point. It doesn't matter if the expectation is realistic or not. The reality is that if Vanek doesn't live up to that standard, the team loses, as you saw in the last two games. He's getting paid to be perfect and the team is counting on him being perfect.

Nobodies perfect but Vanek is more than pulling his own weight on the ice. We obviously need him to pull everyone else's weight as well, which is a tough.

SabreEleven
02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I hope we all love Vanek when he goes through 1 goal in 10 games streak.