• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Stevie Johnson On Rome About Why The Bills Suck

He says he doesn't really do any football work and if he did he would be such a better player. I guess that says it all ... a lot of these guys really don't try.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Stevie Johnson On Rome About Why The Bills Suck

He seriously said that out loud?

He needs to get to the Larry Fitzgerald camp and learn some work ethic.

I can't imagine Marrone is very happy about, disciplinarian as he is.
    Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Lefty2985
      • Mar 2004

He said that but maturity is a big thing. He is growing. Not everyone is going to do everything ppl want. It's not like he comes In Outta shape and doesn't try. He puts it all in on the field which is more then some can say

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Maturity? The guy is gifted and doesn't work to his potential. Then he shoves it at us like this? Gloating that we buy tickets to see him and he doesn't even try to be a 1200 yard receiver like he could be because he's already got enough? What a joke.

Comment

• K-Gun
          Deal with it
          • Jul 2003

The first step in active change is admitting you have a problem. I don't doubt for a second that relative laziness has been a culture amount Bills players for a very long time. I'd even wager a guess we're talking about the Bruce Smith and Jimbo days. Often the most naturally gifted are lazy as hell b/c things come so easy to them. I need to hear the remarks, but if I had to guess this is Stevie asking for help, and outting the culture of losing. At least I wold hope.
          [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

The difference between good & great is a player's work ethic, the work they work the better they can play.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

One thing that set Jerry Rice apart from the others was his off field work routines. During the season or off ,it was non stop. Stevies good but ,let's get real here he's not top ten and this lazy attitude say it all. Hopefully this new coaching staff will actually push these guys to their limits.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                Maturity? The guy is gifted and doesn't work to his potential. Then he shoves it at us like this? Gloating that we buy tickets to see him and he doesn't even try to be a 1200 yard receiver like he could be because he's already got enough? What a joke.
                His gifts are limited, that's why he was a 7th round pick.

Despite that, he's one of the better route runners in the league and has produced 3 1000 yard seasons. Unless he's a complete natural, you don't get in and out of your routes that well without putting in some time. I take most of what he says with a grain of salt anyways.

I'd be thrilled if we got that type of production from a lot more lazy 7th round draft picks.

I can think of several more gifted players on the defensive side of the ball that probably put less time into their craft than him.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

He gets paid according to his output... And his output is worthy of his pay. The rest is purely his motivation to get better and receive more pay.

I kinda do the same thing with my career... I'm capable of much more. But I choose to sell only so much of my life... Mainly because I want to be home with my wife at night rather than travel all the time and work 20-40 more hours every week.

If SJ13 wants to be great... HOF GREAT... Then he'll decide to put the work in. Until then... we get consistant 1,000 yard years.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

He's a different bird but I just caught him on CBS Sports Radio driving home. Going basically vegan and working harder than ever this off-season.

He's the least of my worries.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Cookie and Yasuger I don't agree with you guys at all. This is different. The attitude is going to play out in the field and pervade the teams attitude. This type of thinking and behavior breeds losing not winning...and it is not about output and statistics it's about being willing to pay the price it takes to win. We don't have it. Watch the attitude and effort the Raven's put fourth this weekend and ask yourself how they got there ...

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

And people wonder why I'm so hard on this guy.

**** him. I'll take a guy who's a middle of the road NFL player but busts his ass to be good over a guy with superstar potential who settles for good every single time.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

I just read the transcript of the interview. First off, I doubt he's the only one on the team that hasn't hit the gym the way the Bills' S&C coach wanted them to during the offseason. And I doubt the Bills are the only team where this happens. He's just being honest about it in an attempt to highlight the fact that he is actually planning to change that this offseason. Second, it's not like he shows up out of shape in any way, anyhow. He's playing basketball, which probably keeps him better conditioned for the route running and creating separation than lifting weights would. This isn't an issue, especially since it is apparently in the past.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Oddly enough, I was just over at the official Bills message board, and someone posted a picture of Stevie Johnson with Greg Jennings of the Packers, suggesting Stevie might try to talk Jennings into signing with the Bills. There was also a link to Jennings' twitter account where Jennings stated more than once he intended never to let anyone outwork him. Maybe some of that will rub off on Stevie.

One more thought: Jerry Rice had very average measurables coming out of a lesser known college football program. He became the greatest WR ever mostly because of his obsession with conditioning and practice. He really did outwork everybody else.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Did he hurt his wrist too?

Comment

Working...
                              X