PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson On Rome About Why The Bills Suck

Typ0
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
He says he doesn't really do any football work and if he did he would be such a better player. I guess that says it all ... a lot of these guys really don't try.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2013, 03:33 PM
He seriously said that out loud?

He needs to get to the Larry Fitzgerald camp and learn some work ethic.

I can't imagine Marrone is very happy about, disciplinarian as he is.

Lefty2985
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
He said that but maturity is a big thing. He is growing. Not everyone is going to do everything ppl want. It's not like he comes In Outta shape and doesn't try. He puts it all in on the field which is more then some can say

Typ0
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Maturity? The guy is gifted and doesn't work to his potential. Then he shoves it at us like this? Gloating that we buy tickets to see him and he doesn't even try to be a 1200 yard receiver like he could be because he's already got enough? What a joke.

K-Gun
02-01-2013, 04:01 PM
The first step in active change is admitting you have a problem. I don't doubt for a second that relative laziness has been a culture amount Bills players for a very long time. I'd even wager a guess we're talking about the Bruce Smith and Jimbo days. Often the most naturally gifted are lazy as hell b/c things come so easy to them. I need to hear the remarks, but if I had to guess this is Stevie asking for help, and outting the culture of losing. At least I wold hope.

Skooby
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
The difference between good & great is a player's work ethic, the work they work the better they can play.

sdbillsfan2
02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
One thing that set Jerry Rice apart from the others was his off field work routines. During the season or off ,it was non stop. Stevies good but ,let's get real here he's not top ten and this lazy attitude say it all. Hopefully this new coaching staff will actually push these guys to their limits.

cookie G
02-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Maturity? The guy is gifted and doesn't work to his potential. Then he shoves it at us like this? Gloating that we buy tickets to see him and he doesn't even try to be a 1200 yard receiver like he could be because he's already got enough? What a joke.

His gifts are limited, that's why he was a 7th round pick.

Despite that, he's one of the better route runners in the league and has produced 3 1000 yard seasons. Unless he's a complete natural, you don't get in and out of your routes that well without putting in some time. I take most of what he says with a grain of salt anyways.

I'd be thrilled if we got that type of production from a lot more lazy 7th round draft picks.

I can think of several more gifted players on the defensive side of the ball that probably put less time into their craft than him.

Yasgur's Farm
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
He gets paid according to his output... And his output is worthy of his pay. The rest is purely his motivation to get better and receive more pay.

I kinda do the same thing with my career... I'm capable of much more. But I choose to sell only so much of my life... Mainly because I want to be home with my wife at night rather than travel all the time and work 20-40 more hours every week.

If SJ13 wants to be great... HOF GREAT... Then he'll decide to put the work in. Until then... we get consistant 1,000 yard years.

Night Train
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
He's a different bird but I just caught him on CBS Sports Radio driving home. Going basically vegan and working harder than ever this off-season.

He's the least of my worries.

Typ0
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Cookie and Yasuger I don't agree with you guys at all. This is different. The attitude is going to play out in the field and pervade the teams attitude. This type of thinking and behavior breeds losing not winning...and it is not about output and statistics it's about being willing to pay the price it takes to win. We don't have it. Watch the attitude and effort the Raven's put fourth this weekend and ask yourself how they got there ...

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
And people wonder why I'm so hard on this guy.

**** him. I'll take a guy who's a middle of the road NFL player but busts his ass to be good over a guy with superstar potential who settles for good every single time.

Jeff1220
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I just read the transcript of the interview. First off, I doubt he's the only one on the team that hasn't hit the gym the way the Bills' S&C coach wanted them to during the offseason. And I doubt the Bills are the only team where this happens. He's just being honest about it in an attempt to highlight the fact that he is actually planning to change that this offseason. Second, it's not like he shows up out of shape in any way, anyhow. He's playing basketball, which probably keeps him better conditioned for the route running and creating separation than lifting weights would. This isn't an issue, especially since it is apparently in the past.

TigerJ
Oddly enough, I was just over at the official Bills message board, and someone posted a picture of Stevie Johnson with Greg Jennings of the Packers, suggesting Stevie might try to talk Jennings into signing with the Bills. There was also a link to Jennings' twitter account where Jennings stated more than once he intended never to let anyone outwork him. Maybe some of that will rub off on Stevie.

One more thought: Jerry Rice had very average measurables coming out of a lesser known college football program. He became the greatest WR ever mostly because of his obsession with conditioning and practice. He really did outwork everybody else.

coastal
Did he hurt his wrist too?

Jeff1220
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
It's like Bills fans look for a reason to run their good players out of town. Seriously, if every football player who said something stupid was sent packing, there'd be no NFL.

X-Era
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
His gifts are limited, that's why he was a 7th round pick.

Despite that, he's one of the better route runners in the league and has produced 3 1000 yard seasons. Unless he's a complete natural, you don't get in and out of your routes that well without putting in some time. I take most of what he says with a grain of salt anyways.

I'd be thrilled if we got that type of production from a lot more lazy 7th round draft picks.

I can think of several more gifted players on the defensive side of the ball that probably put less time into their craft than him.

He's my favorite Bill since the SB years. He's laid back by nature and likes to clown around. But his on the field production can't be denied.

Maybe Marrone and Co. makes him even better. He's a winner with a positive approach to the game... that could be molded into something even better than he already is.

We'd love him to be a workout warrior for sure. But he's admitting he isn't. Hell, a lot of ex-Bills skipped voluntary meetings.

If the guy sucked I'd be pissed. But, he simply isn't working out. Maybe that makes a big impact on his game, maybe not. Maybe he could be a HOF'er by working out, maybe not.

A lot of workout warriors can't play a lick of football.

cookie G
02-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Cookie and Yasuger I don't agree with you guys at all. This is different. The attitude is going to play out in the field and pervade the teams attitude. This type of thinking and behavior breeds losing not winning...and it is not about output and statistics it's about being willing to pay the price it takes to win. We don't have it. Watch the attitude and effort the Raven's put fourth this weekend and ask yourself how they got there ...

I know what you're saying, I really do. And I think it is a problem, to an extent, with this team. Nothing bothered me more about last season than to see Kyle Williams, Chris Kelsay, Talley and Bruce call out players. It wasn't so much that they called them out, it was that they had to say it.

I just think he's the wrong target, despite his dumb admissions. At least he's honest.

I'll try and explain what I mean, I'm not sure if it'll come out right.

Being a football player, at any position, means a little more than being a gym rat. If it was, you could fill your team with a trip or two to Gold's.

On this team, you have the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. He's a nubian godlike specimen with every physical attribute you could want.

Despite coming into the league in 2006, he has one pass rush move, two at the most. He's been getting by on his physical skills alone, and has been his whole career. Where he should be an annual candidate for defensive POY, he's content to get an occasional sack against the weaker tackles in the league. He should be dominating, rather than having people make excuses for him. The difference between him and JJ Watt? It isn't physical, if anything, Mario has a slight edge in that category. It isn't "scheme". It is the ability of one to use his hands and use leverage. Watt learned it early on. Mario never bothered to learn.

We have a former no. 1 draft choice that has every physical attribute that a CB could want. What he doesn't have, and has never bothered to improve, is his ball skills. This is a guy that should be among the elite CB's in the league. And again, this is a technique issue, something that can be acquired. Yet he's shown 0 improvement since his rookie year. And people want to re-sign him.

We have a former 3rd pick in the draft that showed up to training camp at least 20 lbs. overweight. It showed in his game, and that was before his brother died. He's a physical specimen also, and seems like a good kid. I hope someone gets to him quick, because that would be a waste of talent.

I've said it all year, we have a defense full of 1st and 2nd round underachievers.

SJ said something a lot of others wouldn't be willing to admit. But when I see a WR who has learned how to be a productive, and who has taught himself how to beat some of the best corners in the league, I'm willing to take it in context.

And yeah, I hope Marrone takes note of it, not so much for SJ's sake, but for the rest of the team.

we are
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
all he says is he doesn't really lift weights (not really a big deal for WR's) and everyone here jumps on him like he said he doesn't train what so ever.

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 08:17 PM
It's like Bills fans look for a reason to run their good players out of town. Seriously, if every football player who said something stupid was sent packing, there'd be no NFL.

Well, Bills fans also have an odd definition of "good." Stevie has hurt as much as he helped.

Cntrygal
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
He's my favorite Bill since the SB years. He's laid back by nature and likes to clown around. But his on the field production can't be denied.

Maybe Marrone and Co. makes him even better. He's a winner with a positive approach to the game... that could be molded into something even better than he already is.

We'd love him to be a workout warrior for sure. But he's admitting he isn't. Hell, a lot of ex-Bills skipped voluntary meetings.

If the guy sucked I'd be pissed. But, he simply isn't working out. Maybe that makes a big impact on his game, maybe not. Maybe he could be a HOF'er by working out, maybe not.

A lot of workout warriors can't play a lick of football.

He also knocked over his chair to give me a hug!!!! I have the pic and there were witnesses!!!!

OpIv37
02-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Oddly enough, I was just over at the official Bills message board, and someone posted a picture of Stevie Johnson with Greg Jennings of the Packers, suggesting Stevie might try to talk Jennings into signing with the Bills. There was also a link to Jennings' twitter account where Jennings stated more than once he intended never to let anyone outwork him. Maybe some of that will rub off on Stevie.

One more thought: Jerry Rice had very average measurables coming out of a lesser known college football program. He became the greatest WR ever mostly because of his obsession with conditioning and practice. He really did outwork everybody else.

1. Why would Stevie have any pull with Jennings?
2. Boldin, Kruger, Jennings, hell, even Stevie, who the **** is going to get them the ball?

Cali512
02-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Omg idiots. Why do you have to read every last word that comes out of his mouth and take it into context form. Sometimes people just talk, doesn't mean every word is the god honest exact thing they meant to. He says "usually I never work out". Doesn't mean he doesn't do anything to stay in shape. Working out adds bulk, he does conditioning and resistance. Resistance is what TO used, and I don't think he ever really worked out either (weights). He said "I usually only do jogs, basketball, and runs around the block". Why take that into such literal context. But if we do, look at how many times he says usually, he never is saying anything definit, just talking. I think when he finally says "real football work". I think he means getting with his trainer and spending the offseason improving. Years past he most likely just did conditioning work and light stuff to just keep in shape but relax also. This year he wants to up it. I think he underplays what he has done to overplay what he will do. And for the last part about energy at the end of the game. "Maybe, ill be a bit more energized to finish out games" I think this was just his way of saying, maybe ill be less fatigued when the 4th rolls around.

Cali512
02-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Johnson is the best WR since Rice. And when I say since Rice, I mean 2nd all time to Rice. Theres only 1 WR ive ever seen make a CB fall on a simple slant route, and that's Stevie. Ive never seen the type of separation that he gets against every CB. Line him up against anyone, and he can get open. If he had a Stafford or Ryan throwing to him, hed be up there with White and (maybe not the extreme) But Calvin. Hes an amazing weapon and now he can make that fantastic catch which weve been waiting years for

justasportsfan
02-02-2013, 07:10 AM

**** him. I'll take a guy who's a middle of the road NFL player but busts his ass to be good over a guy with superstar potential who settles for good every single time.

so you would trade SJ for Whitner

Jeff1220
02-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Well, Bills fans also have an odd definition of "good." Stevie has hurt as much as he helped.

"As much" Op? Really? An idiotic mistake or two with celebrations and a few key drops negates all the yardage, 1st downs, and TDs Stevie has had as a Bill? I beg to differ.

justasportsfan
02-02-2013, 07:53 AM
"As much" Op? Really? An idiotic mistake or two with celebrations and a few key drops negates all the yardage, 1st downs, and TDs Stevie has had as a Bill? I beg to differ.

you know OP , overreacting.

HAMMER
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Stevie is a punk, that has been easy to see from day one.

Bert102176
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah the only wr in bills history with two straight thousand yard seasons and follows it up with a third straight, he is the least of my worries on this team.

The last buffalo fan
02-02-2013, 01:24 PM

You can't control what you can't control, OpI. I'm not happy with most of the players selected or hired by the Bills, and can't handle also the waste of talent and the good prospects walking away from the organization, but that wont prevent me from enjoining the games, the current talent on the team and being a ****ing Buffalo Bills fan. Be yourself, don't buy their merchandaise, dont assist to the games nor pay for the NFL ticket, but for Christ sakes enjoy the ****ing ride! :gobills:

Patriots fans are still taking applications for fans from anothers ****ty teams!

cookie G
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM

You must really like Stevie then.

31st WR taken in the draft.

The only 2 that have out produced him are Jordy Nelson (its close) and Desean Jackson (SJ has more TD's). Pierre Garcon is close.

Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, James Hardy and a host of others had more "potential".

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2013, 03:05 PM
The difference between good & great is a player's work ethic, the work they work the better they can play.

he plays football for christs sake.

he may look at it as a fun thing to make money, but not his life passion. just because he doesnt run 5 miles a day like rice doesnt mean he is lazy...

Goobylal
02-03-2013, 09:28 AM

The only 2 that have out produced him are Jordy Nelson (its close) and Desean Jackson (SJ has more TD's). Pierre Garcon is close.

Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, James Hardy and a host of others had more "potential".
Considering who Stevie has had throwing to him, compared to Nelson, Jackson, and Garcon, Stevie wins. Give him a real QB and he easily surpasses them all.

And this is much-ado about nothing. So he doesn't lift weights. Does anyone think that will improve his game?

X-Era
02-03-2013, 10:04 AM
And this is much-ado about nothing. So he doesn't lift weights. Does anyone think that will improve his game?I'd think it would have to. But then again, he gets consistent separation now. His ability to get open is already there and unless he's struggling to get free from jam's, I don't think improved strength will matter much.

Put it this way, If we could find a problem with his game and it looked like weight lifting would fix it this would be more of an issue.

Goobylal
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I'd think it would have to. But then again, he gets consistent separation now. His ability to get open is already there and unless he's struggling to get free from jam's, I don't think improved strength will matter much.

Put it this way, If we could find a problem with his game and it looked like weight lifting would fix it this would be more of an issue.
Exactly what I'm saying.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 12:00 PM
so you would trade SJ for Whitner

That's not Whitner at all. The only thing Whitner exercises is his mouth.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 12:03 PM

A team whose "superstar" player makes as many stupid, unnecessary mistakes as Stevie will never win.

It's really not too much to ask that the star players keep their heads in the game. But Bills fans have accepted mediocrity and don't realize this.

Mike
02-03-2013, 01:26 PM
He says he doesn't really do any football work and if he did he would be such a better player. I guess that says it all ... a lot of these guys really don't try.

I can see how he would be discouraged... -poor QB that probably won't get him the ball anyway, bad HC, losing organization, etc- Many here think that all players give a 100% because of $$$ they are being paid however you can not discount emotions. Would you give 100% @ your job if you had millions?

- - - Updated - - -

A team whose "superstar" player makes as many stupid, unnecessary mistakes as Stevie will never win.

It's really not too much to ask that the star players keep their heads in the game. But Bills fans have accepted mediocrity and don't realize this.

Steve Johnson, is talented, he is vocal, but he is NOT a leader.

Typ0
02-03-2013, 05:52 PM
The thing that got me about his comments was when he said he takes the book they give him and put it in the drawer. That is not how you prepare ... and when you are unprepared you are, well, unprepared.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Huge flaw in your argument: using draft position as a measure of potential.

stuckincincy
02-03-2013, 08:12 PM
The thing that got me about his comments was when he said he takes the book they give him and put it in the drawer. That is not how you prepare ... and when you are unprepared you are, well, unprepared.

I'd put a book with the Bills' pass plan in the drawer, too...

justasportsfan
02-03-2013, 08:48 PM

this is a stupid post. This is a team sport. The reasons why the bills don't win is because the rest of the team blows. Not because the bills have a wr that has had 3 consecutive 1000 yard season. What the hell does thinking Stevie is not a crappy player have to do with accepting mediocrity? No one here said, he's Jerry Rice.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
this is a stupid post. This is a team sport. The reasons why the bills don't win is because the rest of the team blows. Not because the bills have a wr that has had 3 consecutive 1000 yard season. What the hell does thinking Stevie is not a crappy player have to do with accepting mediocrity? No one here said, he's Jerry Rice.

Who said Stevie was a crappy player? I said he hurts the team with his dumb mistakes. That's different from saying he's a crappy player.

justasportsfan
02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Who said Stevie was a crappy player? I said he hurts the team with his dumb mistakes. That's different from saying he's a crappy player.

he has hurt the team in the past but his mistakes are far from being the reason this team hasn't won. Start with the defense giving up franchise record yards. Then go with a very limited qb. Then there's the coaches.

justasportsfan
02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
there you go OP. Overeaction

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/216947-Stevie-rips-Schopp-and-the-Bulldog-on-Twitter!

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
he has hurt the team in the past but his mistakes are far from being the reason this team hasn't won. Start with the defense giving up franchise record yards. Then go with a very limited qb. Then there's the coaches.

They are one of many reasons that this team hasn't won. But, once again, each player is responsible for their own performance. The fact that other people have ****ed up too does NOT by any means get Stevie off the hook for his mistakes.

better days
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
They are one of many reasons that this team hasn't won. But, once again, each player is responsible for their own performance. The fact that other people have ****ed up too does NOT by any means get Stevie off the hook for his mistakes.

Is there a person alive that hasn't made mistakes? At least unlike Ray Lewis, Stevie's mistakes did not cost anyone their life.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 08:00 AM

I did not say Stevie shouldn't be held accountable, but you're trying to imply that his mistakes are due to him not busting his ass. His mistakes are due to his childishness.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Is there a person alive that hasn't made mistakes? At least unlike Ray Lewis, Stevie's mistakes did not cost anyone their life.

Once again, what Ray Lewis did does not excuse what Stevie did. Yes, everyone makes mistakes. Some people learn from them and don't make them again. Stevie makes the same mistakes over and over again.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Once again, what Ray Lewis did does not excuse what Stevie did. Yes, everyone makes mistakes. Some people learn from them and don't make them again. Stevie makes the same mistakes over and over again.

what mistakes are you talking about? Endzone celebration?

Thief
02-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Wow, we got like 4 good players on this team. 2 that catch TDs, and one is getting blasted because he has had like 5 lifetime celebration penalties? Newsflash, no one is saying dude has been the most amassing WR ever, but saying he is one of the reasons the Bills suck is ******ed. Could he do better? I'm sure. Is he still well above average? YEPPERS. And I'm saying that despite the fact I got info on his coke issues.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
what mistakes are you talking about? Endzone celebration?

Dropping balls (particularly the two that cost is the games but he also dropped several in crucial situations this season), the endzone celebrations.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Wow, we got like 4 good players on this team. 2 that catch TDs, and one is getting blasted because he has had like 5 lifetime celebration penalties? Newsflash, no one is saying dude has been the most amassing WR ever, but saying he is one of the reasons the Bills suck is ******ed. Could he do better? I'm sure. Is he still well above average? YEPPERS. And I'm saying that despite the fact I got info on his coke issues.
You're forgetting his inopportune drops and games where he just doesn't show up.

He is one of the reasons why this team loses.

And 5 celebration penalties is 5 too many. There is never an excuse for even one, and there is even less of an excuse for repeating the offense.

better days
02-04-2013, 09:12 AM
You're forgetting his inopportune drops and games where he just doesn't show up.

He is one of the reasons why this team loses.

And 5 celebration penalties is 5 too many. There is never an excuse for even one, and there is even less of an excuse for repeating the offense.

He had no celebration penalties last year & I doubt he ever does again. I'm sure Chan fined him for those penalties so he has paid his debt to society.

It will be interesting to see how Stevie & the entire team respond to a disciplinarian like Marrone. The Bucs responded well to Schiano.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Dropping balls (particularly the two that cost is the games but he also dropped several in crucial situations this season), the endzone celebrations.

name them.

He doesn't even lead the AFCE in dropped passes. Welker leads it and Hernandez has just as much as Stevie yet, they win a lot of games which shows to you that you ARE WRONG when you say you are not going to win a lot of games because your "superstar " players make mistakes. Like I said, it's a team game.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

the endzone celebrations have nothing to do with his not working out. He didn't have any problems this year with that either. So typical of you to overreact when you say "Stevie makes the same mistakes over and over again. "

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Paying a fine to the team in no way repays his teammates and fans for letting them down.

And he did get a stupid delay of game penalty that stalled a drive this past season.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
name them.

He doesn't even lead the AFCE in dropped passes. Welker leads it and Hernandez has just as much as Stevie yet, they win a lot of games which shows to you that you ARE WRONG when you say you are not going to win a lot of games because your "superstar " players make mistakes. Like I said, it's a team game.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

the endzone celebrations have nothing to do with his not working out. He didn't have any problems this year with that either. So typical of you to overreact when you say "Stevie makes the same mistakes over and over again. "

When Ste ie pts up the numbers that Welker does, he can have the drops that Welker does. But, you are still missing the point: what other players do DOES NOT give Stevie an excuse to make mistakes.

And whether you see it or not, it's all related: the drops, the penalties, the lack of working out- its all about a player whose head isn't in the game.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Paying a fine to the team in no way repays his teammates and fans for letting them down.

And he did get a stupid delay of game penalty that stalled a drive this past season.

he had 111 yards in that game and the bills won.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 09:27 AM
When Ste ie pts up the numbers that Welker does, he can have the drops that Welker does. He doesn't have Brady or BB. I'm almost sure his nos. would be way up there if he had what Welker had.

But, you are still missing the point: what other players do DOES NOT give Stevie an excuse to make mistakes.I'm not making excuses for Stevie. Just stating that you are wrong. It takes more than 1 wr for a team to be good or stink. Once again, there were WAY BIGGER reasons than Stevie for this teams problems.

And whether you see it or not, it's all related: the drops, the penalties, the lack of working out- its all about a player whose head isn't in the game.

they guy has 3 1000 yard season that not even Moulds nor Reed ever achieved. Don't forget that Stevie didn't have Kellly or Bledsoe throwing to him. Like I said, while he's had his mistakes , the nos. prove that you ARE WRONG in saying his head is not in the game. Argue with facts all you want.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't care if he has 1000 yards and 10 touchdown in a single game. If he also has 3 drops and a celebration penalty, his head is not in the game.

Other players mistakes do not excuse Stevie's mistakes. Doing good things before he offsets at least some of them with mistakes does not excuse his mistakes.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say Bills fans accept mediocrity. Instead of holding Stevie to an actual superstar standard, Bills fans say stupid **** like "He did something Reed and Moulds never did so it's OK if he does stupid things." Hurting the team is never permissible.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't care if he has 1000 yards and 10 touchdown in a single game. If he also has 3 drops and a celebration penalty, his head is not in the game. 3 1000 yard seasons with Fitz at qb proves you wrong. I'll take FACTS over your opinion.

Other players mistakes do not excuse Stevie's mistakes. Doing good things before he offsets at least some of them with mistakes does not excuse his mistakes. . Again, it's not making excuses, it's just proving to you that you are WRONG in thinking one players mistakes can cause and entire team to lose in what you imply is in a regular basis.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say Bills fans accept mediocrity. Instead of holding Stevie to an actual superstar standard, Bills fans say stupid **** like "He did something Reed and Moulds never did so it's OK if he does stupid things." Hurting the team is never permissible.You're the only one calling him superstar. I didn't. I never even said he's one of the best in the AFCE.

The Moulds and Reed comparison is not more stupid than you blaming losses on 1 player.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
No matter how you spin it, you are still trying to excuse Stevie's mistakes instead of holding him accountable.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
No matter how you spin it, you are still trying to excuse Stevie's mistakes instead of holding him accountable.

the fact I never even called him a superstar means I'm not that impressed after everything is said and done. The nos. however does not support your overreacting opinion.

Thief
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
I don't care if he has 1000 yards and 10 touchdown in a single game. If he also has 3 drops and a celebration penalty, his head is not in the game.

This is one of the most blind ridiculous statements I have ever read on a message board. If that happens he immediately goes down as the best wr of all time who had the greatest game to ever happen ever, and he head wasn't in it? lol

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 11:32 AM
This is one of the most blind ridiculous statements I have ever read on a message board. If that happens he immediately goes down as the best wr of all time who had the greatest game to ever happen ever, and he head wasn't in it? lol

There are no excuses for dumb mistakes. Period. Those of you who defend guys like Stevie deserve what you get on the field.

Typ0
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Thief does have a point Op. People do have lapses and make mistakes as well. You have to consider the big picture ...

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Op is losing yet another argument....

Some things never change...

Justa with the victory!!!!!!

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Thief does have a point Op. People do have lapses and make mistakes as well. You have to consider the big picture ...

The big picture is that Stevie gets paid to make plays, not mistakes.

The big picture is that Stevie offsets a lot of his big plays with big mistakes.

The big picture is that Stevie repeats the big mistakes over and over again.

No one says he has to be perfect. But star players can't drop game-winning TD passes. They can't take mind-numbing dead ball penalties on multiple occasions. Teams whose star players pull that kind of crap aren't good enough to win.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
The big picture is that Stevie offsets a lot of his big plays with big mistakes.

he had 111 yards in that game and the bills won.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
TKO IN THE 5th ROUND..... JUSTA WINS!

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Funny that justa brings up that game but not the two game-winning TD passes that Stevie dropped, or the game where we were beating NE but ended up losing after he got a celebration penalty and was benched.....

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Funny that justa brings up that game .. I brought that game up? YOU DID. I was just telling you what the result of that game was. Don't blame me if it blew up in your face.

PTI
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Everyone does some kind of weight training, they have to

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I brought that game up? YOU DID. I was just telling you what the result of that game was. Don't blame me if it blew up in your face.
Well regardless of who brough it up- off the top of my head that's 3 examples of the team losing games in large part because of Stevie's dumb mistakes.

Teams generally do not win when their star players make big mistakes. The Bills certainly aren't good enough to win when Stevie makes a big mistake, despite you using the exception to prove the rule.

better days
02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Well regardless of who brough it up- off the top of my head that's 3 examples of the team losing games in large part because of Stevie's dumb mistakes.

Teams generally do not win when their star players make big mistakes. The Bills certainly aren't good enough to win when Stevie makes a big mistake, despite you using the exception to prove the rule.

IMO a BIG mistake is when the QB (like Fitz) throws an INT & turns the ball over to the other team, especially when it is a pick 6. A penalty for delay of game a big mistake? Not so much. More like a little mistake.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 01:55 PM

I've already shown you Welker and Hernandez have more drops that Stevie yet they win because they have better overall cast and coaching staff that can make up for it. Stevie doesn't have that.

We get it, Stevie loses games by himself.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO a BIG mistake is when the QB (like Fitz) throws an INT & turns the ball over to the other team, especially when it is a pick 6. A penalty for delay of game a big mistake? Not so much. More like a little mistake.

NO. Just blame Stevie. It's easier.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM

A dead ball foul is preventable. Every single time. And once again, another player's mistakes don't excuse Stevie's mistakes. If you want to start a thread criticizing Fitz for all the INT's, go right ahead. I'll jump in and pile it on with you. This thread is about Stevie not keeping his head in the game, not Fitz.

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
I've already shown you Welker and Hernandez have more drops that Stevie yet they win because they have better overall cast and coaching staff that can make up for it. Stevie doesn't have that.

We get it, Stevie loses games by himself.

- - - Updated - - -

NO. Just blame Stevie. It's easier.

Well, you are still focusing too much on what othe players do but you are starting to get it: this team is not good enough to overcome preventable mistakes, and Stevie makes far too many of them.

Mouldsie
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Is the solution to cut Stevie?

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
No, the solution is for Stevie to pull his head out of his ass and focus. And get a true #1 to take some of the pressure off him, although that's not gonna happen cuz the team has too many bigger needs.

HAMMER
02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
When someone states that they are anxious to see how they play when they really apply themselves, there is a BIG issue. He flat out admitted he wasn't trying his hardest, what part of that is acceptable in any field? The people defending this guy because they like his swagger is ridiculous. He is a punk, will always be a punk.

better days
02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
When someone states that they are anxious to see how they play when they really apply themselves, there is a BIG issue. He flat out admitted he wasn't trying his hardest, what part of that is acceptable in any field? The people defending this guy because they like his swagger is ridiculous. He is a punk, will always be a punk.

He admitted he did not try his hardest in the OFFSEASON. He never said he didn't give his all from the minute he showed up in Buffalo. I would bet he was not alone in that & a disciplinarian is just what the Bills need.

justasportsfan
02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
I am just saying it's being blown out of proportion. He's always shown up in OTA's and camp and plays his hardest on gameday with or without injury. There was even a time when he showed up in Arizona with Fitz in the offseason. Do we wish all our players were like Andre Reed? Sure. But Stevie performs on gameday. We wouldn't even be complaining about this if he had a better qb was was catching for 1300 yards/ season.

Typ0
02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
He's a complete douchbag for making these statements. If anything his performance on the field makes it worse that he made them. As long as he's happy being a part of a losing culture I guess it's par for the course...

Thief
02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey Opiv dude... are you ever wrong, have you ever lost an argument/debate, or have you ever changed your mind? Or do you just continue to make ridiculous statements after ridiculous statements until people give up every time?