PDA

View Full Version : Rumor- Andre Reed not getting into HOF again

Slim
02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Just re-tweeted by Matt Warren. This is not confirmed by a major media source yet.

- - - Updated - - -

If this report is true, Chris Carter makes it over Strahan as well.

DANMAN
02-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Andre is in the final 10

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8908467/pro-football-hall-fame-narrows-list-10-finalists

Slim
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Andre is in the final 10

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8908467/pro-football-hall-fame-narrows-list-10-finalists

The report says finalist. Which is a confusing term. But by finalist it means a finalist of the people who are getting in this year.

ServoBillieves
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Snubbed. Carter got in.

Slim
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
****ing joke. Reed snubbed.

I guess if Andre REALLY wanted to get in he'd be one of the marble mouthed, yelling, douchbag diva's on ESPN.

Strahan should have made it over Carter, I'd be okay with Reed not making it for Strahan.

Slim
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Watching CC begging to get into the HOF on ESPN really soured me on him. Not that I liked him in the first place. How many playoff wins has Carter been a part of again?

YardRat
02-02-2013, 05:01 PM
****ers.

Might as well face it, Reed just isn't going to make it.

Slim
02-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Andre's year is next year. I don't see any first timers getting in: Derrick Brooks, Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Shaun Alexander, La'roi Glover, and Zach Thomas.

To me Strahan, Shields, and Reed are three guys whose names will be called next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Andre's year is next year. I don't see any first timers getting in: Derrick Brooks, Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Shaun Alexander, La'roi Glover, and Zach Thomas.

To me Strahan, Shields, and Reed are three guys whose names will be called next year.

brooks and harrison are 1st ballont hof... no doubt.

reed " should" get in next year.

how cris carter got in this year over reed doesnt make sense.

he was an elite possesion wr... thats it.

never went to a sb, and only 1 nfc championship game...

reed created so much after the catch and lived over the middle... there was no rules for offense back then either...

hof panel can suck a dick!!!!!!!

YardRat
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM

Carter is on one of the HOF's very own precious All-Decade teams ('90's), first team. Brown was on the same list as a second-teamer. Reed was never voted to one by the HOF voters. Brown will get in before Reed, based on that fact alone.

Slim
02-02-2013, 05:26 PM
brooks and harrison are 1st ballont hof... no doubt.

reed " should" get in next year.

he was an elite possesion wr... thats it.

never went to a sb, and only 1 nfc championship game...

reed created so much after the catch and lived over the middle... there was no rules for offense back then either...

hof panel can suck a dick!!!!!!!

Carter and Harrison stats are almost identical and it took him 7-8 years to get in. Harrison has the SB ring but he still gets in line behind Reed and Brown imo.

Brooks has a chance.

Slim
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Carter is on one of the HOF's very own precious All-Decade teams ('90's), first team. Brown was on the same list as a second-teamer. Reed was never voted to one by the HOF voters. Brown will get in before Reed, based on that fact alone.

Doubt it. Reed has got down to the final ten the last three years. This is something Tim Brown has never done, he got clipped when they went from 15-10 this year. Although to be fair, the first time Reed got to the final 10 (2010?), Chris Carter did not make it.

Ingtar33
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
In addition to Reed getting hosed... Bettis got hosed again. Hard to imagine how the no.6 rusher in NFL history isn't a first ballot Hall of Famer... but there it is.

while we're on the topic of hosed candidates... how about Michael Strahan...

Slim
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
In addition to Reed getting hosed... Bettis got hosed again. Hard to imagine how the no.6 rusher in NFL history isn't a first ballot Hall of Famer... but there it is.

This was the biggest surprise to me. The man with the single season sack record, 140+sacks, and a super bowl ring isn't a first ballot HOF'er? I didn't think Andre was going to get in this year, there were too many legitimate first ballot guys. But what pissed me off if that a WR DID get in, and it wasn't Reed. Strahan gets in over Reed and Carter, fine. Carter getting in over Strahan, and Reed. It's a joke.

Two years ago CC was eliminated in the 15-10 round. Andre wasn't, he got eliminated in the 10-5 . What has happened over the last two years that has made CC pass Reed? I understand that this happens sometimes with the voting, but it's a flaw. And I can't help but get the feeling that Carter passed Reed because Carter works in the media and associates more with the voters more.

Slim
02-02-2013, 06:49 PM

Funny you mentioned Bettis. I haven't even mentioned him in this thread. And trust me, as an Irish fan I was disappointed he didn't get in either.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
In other news: Something important happened and it was not noticed.

imbondz
02-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Michael Strahan is a 1st time balloter. ridiculous.

Night Train
02-03-2013, 06:22 AM
But what pissed me off if that a WR DID get in, and it wasn't Reed. Strahan gets in over Reed and Carter, fine. Carter getting in over Strahan, and Reed. It's a joke.

I never understood why Carter wasn't in a few years ago, regardless of the prior voting.
<tbody>
Receptions

Receiving yards

Touchdowns

</tbody>

Andre Reed
<tbody>
Receptions (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Reception_(American_football))

Receiving yards

Touchdowns (http://www.billszone.com/wiki/Touchdown)

</tbody>

43 more TD's and 150 more catches. Plus Carter had far better hands. Reed dropped a lot of balls during the SB games. That hurts.

better days
02-03-2013, 07:59 AM

Like Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks is a guaranteed first ballot HOF player. Should still be room for Andre to get in though.

SquishDaFish
02-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Harrison shouldnt be a first ballot. Brooks I can see. But I think Strahan who should of been in even over Sapp and Reed will get in next year

mjt328
02-03-2013, 08:16 AM
The Hall of Fame is a joke. The most important issue to voters is Super Bowl rings, which SHOULD be a team accomplishment - not an individual.

If the Bills win a Super Bowl, Reed makes it without a question.

If the Bills win a couple Super Bowls, you would probably see names like Steve Tasker, Darryl Talley, Kent Hull and Cornelius Bennett getting consideration as well.

chernobylwraiths
02-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Stats is all a lot of people see. They don't seem to take into account that Reed played in Buffalo, NY for almost his entire career and that the Bills ran the ball a lot.

YardRat
02-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Stats is all a lot of people see. They don't seem to take into account that Reed played in Buffalo, NY for almost his entire career and that the Bills ran the ball a lot.

Actually, the one dude that was on the selection show with Gosselin said conditions, location, offense system, surrounding cast etc are all factors that they consider when weighing candidates against each other, although admittedly I'm a little bit skeptical about that myself. Still think it's proven that the HOF All-Decade teams and media exposure are a much larger factor by far.

better days
02-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Harrison shouldnt be a first ballot. Brooks I can see. But I think Strahan who should of been in even over Sapp and Reed will get in next year

I agree Strahan deserves to be in, but NOT over Sapp. Sapp did much more than just rush the QB, he was a FORCE to be reckoned with.

chernobylwraiths
02-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Strahan's sack record suffers from that "gift" by Favre.