PDA

View Full Version : Whitner costing his team this whole game so far

Cali512
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
2 TDs against him, i believe 4 passes, and one huge facemask.

YardRat
02-03-2013, 06:53 PM
That's the Donte we all know and....well, you know.

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Careful, the Donte Whitner Anti Defamation League will soon be out to tell you why the touchdowns were everyone's fault BUT Donte's.

coastal
02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
He needs Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboti to bring our his talent.

Don't Panic
02-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Poetic justice...

psubills62
02-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I wanted the 49ers to win, but enjoy seeing Whitner being exposed.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Meanwhile, Ed Reed (the guy we hoped Donte would be emulating) had a critical interception.

fluteflakes
02-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Whitner was what he always was, a big hitting safety with absolutely no ball skills and middling coverage skills.

He was just out matched all night tonight, a familiar sight to us Bills fans.

better days
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I bet safety is high on the 49ers draft wish list this year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Whitner just played in a Super Bowl. When was the last tine a bills safety played in a SB?

fluteflakes
02-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Getting to a SB is a team accomplishment. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even hate Whitner (being a Bills fan AND a Michigan fan, I don't get it either) he was obviously the weakest link out there for the 49ers and the primary reason they lost. Without him taking bad angles and missing plays, they have a much better chance to win that game.

Cali512
02-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Meanwhile, Ed Reed (the guy we hoped Donte would be emulating) had a critical interception.
I don't think anyone ever made that comparison. Whitner is the complete opposite. He goes for big hits not ints and is best in the box. Now Byrd, yes definitely. In fact you can see the Ed Reed/Polamalu friendship he has paying off

BADTHINGSMAN
02-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Whitner just played in a Super Bowl. When was the last tine a bills safety played in a SB?

Wouldn't call what Whitner did as playing.

DBrown77
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
I dont get your point.

DynaPaul
02-04-2013, 07:19 AM
He played like he "didn't want to win" last night to steal a quote from Donte himself.

Joe Fo Sho
02-04-2013, 07:45 AM
But he made the Probowl!

trapezeus
02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
i noticed it too. HE was terrible and essentially the weakest kid in a clique butso excited about being in the clique.

I'd imagine the 49er's will upgrade that spot with a WR turned Safety who ends up being just as good if not at times better because he wouldn't grab the facemask.

i like this mythology that dante built as a hard hitter. does not one remember when he went for that big hit against a NE player and destroyed his shoulder? or his hit 5 seconds after the raiders scored a TD? That's the real donte. late to the pile.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Careful, the Donte Whitner Anti Defamation League will soon be out to tell you why the touchdowns were everyone's fault BUT Donte's.

Maybe Mahdi will get see what we're talking about.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 08:07 AM

they made sb inspite of him being the weakest link on that team.

Ingtar33
02-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Whitner isn't the only goat... Culliver was the bigger goat of the SF defense last night. If it wasn't' for Culliver, Whitner definitely would be the only goat of that loss though.

bf1
02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Whitner isn't the only goat... Culliver was the bigger goat of the SF defense last night. If it wasn't' for Culliver, Whitner definitely would be the only goat of that loss though.

Agreed.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-04-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't think anyone ever made that comparison. Whitner is the complete opposite. He goes for big hits not ints and is best in the box. Now Byrd, yes definitely. In fact you can see the Ed Reed/Polamalu friendship he has paying off

Back in 2006, we hoped we were drafting an Ed Reed centerfielder. At the time, we played a Cover 2 system where you don't bring your safeties into the box that frequently. That's why they moved Whitner to free safety for 3 years until Byrd came along.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:13 PM

ya know man, grow up... just let it go man.

the reason this team has had zero success is the qb spot... the guy is playing in the ****ing sb and nfc championship game last year. he made the pro bowl...

LET IT GO

this is why " the city of buffalo" gets a bad rep. because our team sucks, we act like an ass to lynch or whitner or stevie the other day.

why dont you blame the fo for ignoring the qb spot for almost 2 decades. good lord man.

drink your beer and stfu

Cali512
02-04-2013, 10:00 PM
ya know man, grow up... just let it go man.

the reason this team has had zero success is the qb spot... the guy is playing in the ****ing sb and nfc championship game last year. he made the pro bowl...

LET IT GO

this is why " the city of buffalo" gets a bad rep. because our team sucks, we act like an ass to lynch or whitner or stevie the other day.

why dont you blame the fo for ignoring the qb spot for almost 2 decades. good lord man.

drink your beer and stfu

You try way to hard to make a point when no one ever, and I mean, EVER, gives a ****. Im sure most everyone here sees a post by you, and either ignores it, or opens it up just to tell you to STFU. No one cares what you think, say, or anything. Ur a complete waste on this board, you say nothing that matters, you change ur mind repeatedly about a topic sometimes multiple times in one day. You spend days talking about whos your pick, who you think we need, some stupid ass mocks. How bout you do some research then come back to this ****in board bro? You have absolutely no room to talk. Your like an undrafted free agent talking **** before his first nfl game. No one cares about you, what you say, and you dont say anything that matters for us to even remotely care what you say. So quit being a ***** and trying to be some different thinker, because what you say isn't even smart, its just stupid. I would understand if you thought outside of the box and had different interesting ideas, that idk, would actually interest people or make ****in sense, but you dont, your ****s all waste. So shut up, no one gives 2 ****s what you say.

coastal
02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
U mad bro?

better days
02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Well, If the Bills want a Safety, it looks like Whitner will be cut by the 49ers. Heard that on Sirius yesterday.

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, If the Bills want a Safety, it looks like Whitner will be cut by the 49ers. Heard that on Sirius yesterday.

They must have fiqured out what Whitner really is. Average and way over paid. I'm glad we dumped him. Just another terrible draft pick by this team.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2013, 12:01 PM

They said that he WILL be cut? Or that he SHOULD be cut?

better days
02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
They said that he WILL be cut? Or that he SHOULD be cut?

They said the 49ers have to free up cap money & Whitner was a likely cut.

Cali512
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
U mad bro?

Just being honest