PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Lindy to get ****-canned?

OpIv37
02-03-2013, 07:10 PM
If it were up to me, anything short than going to the 2nd round of the playoffs and making it to at least 6 games should get him fired.

Realistically, with the way this team operates, I think the Sabres may have to finish last in the East for him to be fired, and even then it doesn't feel like a guarantee.

Night Train
02-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Once they extended Darcy & Lindy and re-signed Hecht, I kept thinking " It's the same .500 team for the last dozen or more years. Nothing has changed. "

How does Ted Black spin this dreck after a while ?

You have 1 line playing, the D taking naps at the worst time and no production at all from anyoneone not on the ice with Vanek.

don137
02-04-2013, 06:56 AM
I am starting to come around and think coaching is the big problem with this team. The team looks complacent right now. They seem to lack focus and desire it comes down to coaching.

SabreEleven
02-04-2013, 07:02 AM
This team won't do ****. They haven't done anything to really win, they did things to get tougher but that won't put in the net and won't put balls in their pants.

trapezeus
02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
it sadly is the time in buffalo sports where you:

1. start realizing that if beating boston consistently is all that is going to happen, then you'll take it.
2. realize the team won't make the simpliest and easiest of choices to start over.
3. if they do, they'll pick the wrong guy and stick with him for 15 years because they are concerned.

I actually think the sabres have a lot of talent and could be a real power house in 2 years when Grigs develops and Girgs gets his chance.

The issue is coaching. IF leopold isn't going to break lindy's ribs again, then trade him. he has absolutely no value to us.

PTI
02-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Carolina has less points then Buffalo and beat us twice and we lose to the Panthers who are lower than us too. Come to think of it, we also lost to the Capitals who are lower than us.

Sabres are 1-4 all in regulation against teams lower in the standings. I have seen guys get fired for less than that before.

This team is in deep doo doo, like top 3 pick doo doo.

SkateZilla
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Carolina has less points then Buffalo and beat us twice and we lose to the Panthers who are lower than us too. Come to think of it, we also lost to the Capitals who are lower than us.

Sabres are 1-4 all in regulation against teams lower in the standings. I have seen guys get fired for less than that before.

This team is in deep doo doo, like top 3 pick doo doo.

Lindy was simply passing out first wins that week, .. lol..

Skooby
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Who's steering the ship here, Captain Queeg ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AznmrRZsRQ

OpIv37
02-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I thought this team would be a bubble team that MAY sneak into the playoffs if they could pull off a couple of decent winning streaks, inevitably headed for a first round loss if that happened.

I vastly overestimated them.

The whole concept was that Regier and Ruff could be successful on e they weren't hamstrung with Golisano's and Quinn's cheapness. Well, it's year 2 and they are far worse than they have been at any point since the last lockout. They are going backwards. I don't want to waste 2 or 3 years rebuilding, but in the current situation, this team's absolute peak is a first round playoff loss, and more often than not, they won't even make it.

It's just like the Bills, only I have some faith that Pegs may be able to get it right on a rebuild.

trapezeus
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
look at this team. one line of scoring. these guys have played hockey all their lives...they've scored on other teams, yet they come here and nothing. people leave, and they get back to playing well. it's absurd that lindy isn't walking out the door. at some point the shine has to wear off the new purchase for T Pegs, and he has to run this team like a business.

The one line of scoring is also the line that will go -8 and score once in the playoffs (if they somehow get there). In some ways the law of averages screws the sabres more than the bills. the bills could get lucky and win 3 games they shouldn't have in a 16 game season with a week off inebtween each game.

The repetition of playing as much as the sabres do, the results from 48 games is pretty obvious. You are who the standings say you are.

This is a terrible team, with no leadership. And unless the sabres are looking to cut 23 guys, they need to pull the plug on one guy to save everyone else.

Skooby
02-04-2013, 11:09 AM
look at this team. one line of scoring. these guys have played hockey all their lives...they've scored on other teams, yet they come here and nothing. people leave, and they get back to playing well. it's absurd that lindy isn't walking out the door. at some point the GLEEM has to wear off the new purchase for T Pegs, and he has to run this team like a business.

The one line of scoring is also the line that will go -8 and score once in the playoffs (if they somehow get there). In some ways the law of averages screws the sabres more than the bills. the bills could get lucky and win 3 games they shouldn't have in a 16 game season with a week off inebtween each game.

The repetition of playing as much as the sabres do, the results from 48 games is pretty obvious. You are who the standings say you are.

This is a terrible team, with no leadership. And unless the sabres are looking to cut 23 guys, they need to pull the plug on one guy to save everyone else.

There's a huge difference between shine & gleem. A gleem is a faint or brief light, possibly from reflection. Shine is something that will shine no matter what the circumstance or light reflection, which is not the case with Lindy. Point being, I fixed your post to reflect it's best possible light.

PTI
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
This whole thing people have been trying to sell for the last at least 7 years I have wanted Lindy gone is that he would be out of work for a real short time. I just don't see it happening. He may be well respected but he has proven he has proven to be less than mediocre as a coach.

Counting OT losses as losses, he is 568-511-78. To me ties are half losses. He is a .500 coach. Since 2007, missing the playoffs 3 of 5 years, and his record is 210-209. No other team would stand for this.

With OT games and shootout wins, the reality is .520 winning percentage is the new .500, he is under that.

Typ0
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
There is a lot of talent in the organization. They are built well for the long haul if you look at them from the bottom. The problem is they are not built well from the top. They need leadership. They need a mind set that comes from a couple of core players we don't have here. I don't know what the obstacle is to getting them. It might very well be Darcy Regier. If there is a player response against coming here due to him then he must be removed from the organization. If/when that happens is when Ruff may be moved as well. I don't see it happening while DR is the GM though I don't care if they don't win a game for six years.

Skooby
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
This whole thing people have been trying to sell for the last at least 7 years I have wanted Lindy gone is that he would be out of work for a real short time. I just don't see it happening. He may be well respected but he has proven he has proven to be less than mediocre as a coach.

Counting OT losses as losses, he is 568-511-78. To me ties are half losses. He is a .500 coach. Since 2007, missing the playoffs 3 of 5 years, and his record is 210-209. No other team would stand for this.

With OT games and shootout wins, the reality is .520 winning percentage is the new .500, he is under that.

Being nostalgic is paying off anymore. Make a bust of Lindy, put some pendent lighting on it & place it near the nicest bathroom.

SabreEleven
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Sabres are doing what they have done for the last 2 years...Suck until it almost too late, decide to start playing when they are just about eliminated, Fall one or two points from the playoff, get a mediocre draft pick, tell us how much talent in this team and they can't wait for next season...blah, blah, blah....

rbochan
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
What do Jochen Hecht, Tyler Ennis and Marcus Foligno have in common?

They all had more ice time than Thomas Vanek.

Fire Ruff and have him take Regier along.

PTI
02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Well, Ennis and Foligno should not, Hecht kills penalties. Vanek needs to be out there as much as possible though.

Cali512
02-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Ruff needs to get fired. For 2-3 years he shoulda been fired. He doesn't do any adjustments, the team doesn't work the zone, they make ridiculous cross ice passes. With seconds left in a period and while where in there zone trying to get one last shot, hell make a ****in line change. WTF DOES THAT!? We have decent players that needa be coached

Mski
02-05-2013, 08:19 AM
i was listening the morning guys on WGR talk about it this morning, and i have been thinking about what they said when a caller said that Lindy is the reason for Myers woes. Jeremy jumped on the caller <paraphrasing>saying that if Ruff is getting all the credit for ruining a ROY shouldt he get the credit for him being ROY too.

after thinking about it for a while, i dont think Ruff should get any credit for Myers success his rookie year. If you look at his performance the longer he's been coached by Ruff the more mediocre he has become, and his downslide even begun in his ROY campaign, and has gotten worse every year since

Skooby
02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Lindy deserves the credit for not motivating the team, all bad credit.

rbochan
02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Why would a defenseman get better playing for a lousy former defenseman?

trapezeus
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
in the end, the longer lindy stays, the longer it takes the team to even be remotely competitive.

you either have to find out if this group of guys will listen to someone else, or you got to sell some of these guys at their highs and bring in high level prospects in goal and forward. It will suck to watch millers and vaneks go for no names in the current NHL, but the hope would be that you are getting a high level prospect that turns into a player you can trust.

but if you start tinkering with these trades and keep lindy, you are just restarting the failure with a new group of guys. enough is enough. give us a chance to see if this group has anything with better coaching and a new voice. and if they still don't perform, then start the sale of players.

I think as fans, we'd be more excited with that as a long term plan, than finishing 1-3 points out of the playoffs every year, or having to play incredible from start of march until the end of season with no gas to get through the playoffs.

rbochan
02-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Lindy was a quitter as a player, and is a coward as a coach.

The problem ISN'T Lindy Ruff in Lindy's eyes. It's things he can't control, like bad bounces and injuries. It's not his wretched, useless system. It's not his mismanagement of his goaltenders. It's not his bungling of lines every night. It's not his misuse of offensively talented players and it's definitely NOT his stifling, belittling nature to rookie and young players who do not thrive in Buffalo under Lindy Ruff.

Last Season, Kevin Dineen took a motley crew of nobodies and castoffs and molded a playoff team. Lindy Ruff took the highest salaried group of talented veterans and went home to golf yet again.

It's hard to believe that 6 years ago, the Sabres were possibly the most exciting team in hockey, and were in the middle of a President's trophy season. I'd be at the bar every weekend with friends going ape**** over that team in 05-06 and 06-07. That was the most fun I've ever had as a sports fan.

Who knew that less than a decade later I would come to despise almost every aspect of the team I loved so much. It's maddening. I just want to have fun watching the Sabres again.

Skooby
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
The Sabres have no responded with consistent efforts, which leads me to believe they're capable but unmotivated. That's a coaching issue.