PDA

View Full Version : BBD 2013 Mock Draft V3.1

DraftBoy
02-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Super Bowl ending means the official start of the offseason. With that we have a new Mock. Three rounds, and three players you may have not seen mentioned for the Bills before.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-post-superbowl-24/

Enjoy!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
No way the bills leave this draft without a qb in the first 3 rounds. No way.

ZAZusmc03
02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I would be so pumped wth the reed pick in the 2nd. That dude is a complete animal.

TigerJ
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm with Why So Serious at this point. It may be that the Bills will try to sign a serviceable veteran QB like Matt Moore, but they very much need to find a young QB to develop, and they aren't going to find him on day three of the draft.

clumping platelets
02-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Please trade down first

DraftBoy
02-04-2013, 05:02 AM
No way the bills leave this draft without a qb in the first 3 rounds. No way.

While I tend to agree, there is absolutely no way to guarantee the Bills do anything right now. The Bills have shown since Nix took over they will not reach on their board in the first three rounds. Maybe they rate a QB high enough but with the way this draft fell there is no reason to take a QB anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Please trade down first

I believe you've said the same thing for the last three years running.

tampabay25690
02-04-2013, 06:25 AM
While I tend to agree, there is absolutely no way to guarantee the Bills do anything right now. The Bills have shown since Nix took over they will not reach on their board in the first three rounds. Maybe they rate a QB high enough but with the way this draft fell there is no reason to take a QB anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Im with DB on this in my mock I had the Bills drafting a QB in the 4th round.

I believe you've said the same thing for the last three years running.

Im with DB on this I dont have the BILLS drafting a QB until 4th round in the draft

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-04-2013, 06:46 AM
When was the last time a fourth round qb did anything? Don't name Brady, she's a anomaly .

- - - Updated - - -

Haha autocorrect called Brady a SHE!

DraftBoy
02-04-2013, 07:26 AM
When was the last time a fourth round qb did anything? Don't name Brady, she's a anomaly .

- - - Updated - - -

Haha autocorrect called Brady a SHE!

Brady wasn't a 4th Round pick.

Some fourth round QB's who have been successful;
Kirk Cousins-Redskins
Limited success but impressive
Kyle Orton-Chiefs
Bounced around some but has numerous games as a starter
David Garrard-Dolphins
A very long and good career with the Jags, back issues hurt his longevity

and that's just since 2002

Now if you want to talk about QB's 4th Round or later here are more names:
TJ Yates-Texans
Derek Anderson-Browns
Matt Cassel-Chiefs
Ryan Fitzpatrick-Bills
John Skelton-Cardinals
Greg McElroy-Alabama
Tyler Thigpen-Bills

Needless to say the point that there is talent at the QB position Round 1-3 is quite apparent. While none of those QB's have quite lit the world on fire they all have experienced success in the NFL. TJ Yates, Greg McElroy, and Kirk Cousins particular show great potential for the future.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-04-2013, 07:47 AM
I know Brady was a 6, I'm just pointing to later round qbs. None of the players you listed are going to be SB qbs they will be serviceable journeymen only. I have a crystal ball :)

CleveSteve
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Jarvis Jones and Matt Elam in the third?

Not that I'm complaining... if the Browns were able to get Jones in the third I might not even be mad that they drafted Wilson in the first.

No, I'd still be mad, especially since Milliner was still available.

gonzo1105
02-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Brady wasn't a 4th Round pick.

Some fourth round QB's who have been successful;
Kirk Cousins-Redskins
Limited success but impressive
Kyle Orton-Chiefs
Bounced around some but has numerous games as a starter
David Garrard-Dolphins
A very long and good career with the Jags, back issues hurt his longevity

and that's just since 2002

Now if you want to talk about QB's 4th Round or later here are more names:
TJ Yates-Texans
Derek Anderson-Browns
Matt Cassel-Chiefs
Ryan Fitzpatrick-Bills
John Skelton-Cardinals
Greg McElroy-Alabama
Tyler Thigpen-Bills

Needless to say the point that there is talent at the QB position Round 1-3 is quite apparent. While none of those QB's have quite lit the world on fire they all have experienced success in the NFL. TJ Yates, Greg McElroy, and Kirk Cousins particular show great potential for the future.

Wow that list just made me completely want to wait until the 4th round. Define success. Im lookin for a franchise QB, something that none of those guys are with mayb the exception of Cousins. That draft makes zero sense from a Bills perspective outside of Ansah(who I have my reservations about). Wilson is a character issue which the Bills never draft anymore. Having Jesse Williams in the top 10 with Star at 17 just makes you shake your head. I dont agree with your rankings and I believe that draft is going to be far from what the Bills will actually do as well as many other teams. Just my opinion.

k-oneputt
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm glad you're not drafting for the Bills.

That Bills draft looks like one of their drafts from the last decade.

J. Jones, Elam, K. Short all in the 3rd rd. ???????

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Nix wants a franchise qb. If he doesn't grab one via FA I doubt he even tries to draft another Levi Brown in the 4th.

k-oneputt
02-04-2013, 11:49 AM
If your mock is anything close to how it would fall, I would take the Steelers picks over the Bills picks.

Or Lotulelei, Mingo, Elam.

DraftBoy
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm glad you're not drafting for the Bills.

That Bills draft looks like one of their drafts from the last decade.

J. Jones, Elam, K. Short all in the 3rd rd. ???????
Spinal Stenosis, I hate projection safeties, and Short is horribly overrated.

- - - Updated - - -

If your mock is anything close to how it would fall, I would take the Steelers picks over the Bills picks.

Or Lotulelei, Mingo, Elam.
And you would be praying for them to come through like the Bills did with Troup, Carrington, and Easley. Homerun potential, but very high risk in every selection.

DraftBoy
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Nix wants a franchise qb. If he doesn't grab one via FA I doubt he even tries to draft another Levi Brown in the 4th.

Brown wasn't a 4th Round pick and I believe he will sign Alex Smith in FA or make a deal for a young QB like a TJ Yates.

k-oneputt
02-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Spinal Stenosis, I hate projection safeties, and Short is horribly overrated.

- - - Updated - - -

And you would be praying for them to come through like the Bills did with Troup, Carrington, and Easley. Homerun potential, but very high risk in every selection.

Are you comparing Lotel., Mingo and Elam to that garbage of Troup, Carrington,
and Easley ? I would take my chances, and there would have been no way in hell I would have drafted those three bums if I had control.

DraftBoy
02-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow that list just made me completely want to wait until the 4th round. Define success. Im lookin for a franchise QB, something that none of those guys are with mayb the exception of Cousins. That draft makes zero sense from a Bills perspective outside of Ansah(who I have my reservations about). Wilson is a character issue which the Bills never draft anymore. Having Jesse Williams in the top 10 with Star at 17 just makes you shake your head. I dont agree with your rankings and I believe that draft is going to be far from what the Bills will actually do as well as many other teams. Just my opinion.

Success given the incredibly high drop out and bust rate for any QB would be ascending to a starting position and winning games. Yates won in the playoffs.

Wilson's character flaws are overblown imo.

I think the draft makes a lot of sense, here is why. If you could pick one word to describe the message our new coaching staff has shown us so far, what would it be? Mine would be versatility. Can you name a single pick that doesn't fit that vision?

Let's just wait a few weeks on the DT issues. I have a feeling things are going to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you comparing Lotel., Mingo and Elam to that garbage of Troup, Carrington,
and Easley ? I would take my chances, and there would have been no way in hell I would have drafted those three bums if I had control.

Is that what I actually said? I was quite clear in the comparison.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Anyone from SRU on your radar DB?

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
You pray for every draft pick to come through.

I like my chances better with Lotulelei, Mingo and Elam over our minor league trash.

Thief
02-05-2013, 09:45 AM
OK, so I would only puke a little.

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Why is that ?
Don't like any of those players ? Lotul., Mingo, and Elam. ?

Please enlighten us.

Thief
02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Why is that ?
Don't like any of those players ? Lotul., Mingo, and Elam. ?

Please enlighten us.I was referring to the link.

EDS
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Super Bowl ending means the official start of the offseason. With that we have a new Mock. Three rounds, and three players you may have not seen mentioned for the Bills before.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-post-superbowl-24/

Enjoy!

This could prove to be a compelling effort, but at first blush it looks awful. Jarvis Jones in round 3? Kansas City taking a running back at the top of round 2? Kenny Vaccaro at the bottom of round 2?

TigerJ
02-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I have seen Jordan Reed and Marquess Wilson projected to the Bills in another mock or two, if not necessarily in the same rounds.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
A ********* project DE at #8. Shoot me now.